This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SteveF View Post
    Will the top two teams get byes or will 9 through 12 play 5 through 8 as a play in game? You can't have a 12 team bracket otherwise
    Prolly like ccha where that first round is a best of 3
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      I guess the NU game was an exhibition then. And which trophy did BU win in 2010 with that Frozen Fenway victory?

Remember, BC won a national title each year they've played in Fenway.

It seemed like you and I agreed with just about everything except the everyone has to do it part. Then you got all weird with this senseless post. I guess most here would consider this typical. Happy Holidays, Hoky.

What trophy? They won Fenway bragging rights for life which I guarantee you drives many of the local BC kids crazy. And FYI, the kids on that BU team also won a Beanpot and national championship over the previous 7 months. they had enough trophys

Happy Festivus

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        What trophy? They won Fenway bragging rights for life which I guarantee you drives many of the local BC kids crazy. And FYI, the kids on that BU team also won a Beanpot and national championship over the previous 7 months. they had enough trophys

Happy Festivus

Two national championships later I'm sure they're still not over it
        BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
        -
        Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

That first Fenway game is the game that started BC on their run to the NC , IMO. It seemed that half way through that game they just started to click and the rest is history, as they say................I wasnt aware that it was a bragging rights sort of thing. Sure, i was disappointed at the time but when i think back on it i have no bitter feelings about it because they won it all and that game was the springboard.

Comment

Well I for one was so excited that I got "Fenway game champions" tattooed on my pecker!

Unfortunately most days I only read "Fes"
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
              Will the top two teams get byes or will 9 through 12 play 5 through 8 as a play in game? You can't have a 12 team bracket otherwise
              I think 9 through 12 will play 5 through 8 in the "first round". Meaning that the top 4 teams will still have home ice the same way. They could do best out of 3 for the first round, but I doubt the top teams want to have a two week break between games that late in the season. I'd like to see those play-in games get played on the Tuesday or Wednesday after the regular season is over and then you can start the quarterfinals on the weekend.
              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                I think 9 through 12 will play 5 through 8 in the "first round". Meaning that the top 4 teams will still have home ice the same way. They could do best out of 3 for the first round, but I doubt the top teams want to have a two week break between games that late in the season. I'd like to see those play-in games get played on the Tuesday or Wednesday after the regular season is over and then you can start the quarterfinals on the weekend.
                Travel nightmare. Theoretically UVM could be forced to play in Indiana on Wednesday and Rhode Island on Friday. Plus more playoff games more Hockey East $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Well I for one was so excited that I got "Fenway game champions" tattooed on my pecker!

Unfortunately most days I only read "Fes"
                  Sounds like it's time to take matters into your own hands, so to speak...
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    Sounds like it's time to take matters into your own hands, so to speak...
                    I'm not sure that is going to help his problem

Comment

Seeing that they are packed and the players enjoy them, you staying home is a hair below irrelevant

Typical of a BC fan that once the BC kids get something, rest dont matter. I would guess several of the local kids would love to play at Fenway.
                      Who said me not going was relevant? It's a message board. People give opinions. And please don't put words in my mouth. I said it's typical in the society we live in that EVERY team in Hockey East has to get a game at Fenway. I never said BC is the ONLY team that should get a game. How would that even be possible? I suppose they could scrimmage each other. Yes, the players probably love it. Nobody is arguing otherwise. You really do enjoy arguing with yourself.

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                      I would agree that the sentiment is wrong. But the whole premise was also wrong to begin with; in that I wish they would stop picking BC to be in these games. I would prefer they cycle through every other team! But I know York seems to love them, so I can at least support that. But my personal opinion is that these games are a terrible fan experience after the novelty of the first game
                      People can look this up, but someone on EA posted a link to the Watertown Rant. It's a local TV show and York was on following the 2010 national title (but who even cares about that as BU won the real title at Fenway, right hoky?)...

He said it was a great experience and eventually they will go back but you gotta wait a while. He didn't envision doing this for a 3rd time in five years.

Comment

On second thought, I bet hoky will only be happy once every combination of HE teams plays each other at Fenway including all different uniform combinations/home and visiting team. And then we'll move on to make sure every team in New England gets a game there, no matter it be division II, etc.

Ice cream for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Ice cream for everyone.
                          *****http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5E7ocgwEpk8/TQFkEF1DPvI/AAAAAAAAAng/V4Jj9kMedxA/s1600/Green+Participant+Ribbon.jpg******

Comment

when pc plays mc, they will sell more tickets compared to playing at Schneider and or lawlor. If that is the case and the players on both teams olove doing it, why would you care?

As long as the BC players got to do it, screw the rest.
                            Hokydad, this Fenway thing is all about money (like all sporting events) and nothing to do with allowing a local kid the opportunity to play at Fenway. There is no chance UMass vs. Lowell would pack Fenway Park. Boston College vs. BU or Notre Dame, etc would get a much bigger crowd, hence why those type schools will always play in this event.
                            Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                              Hokydad, this Fenway thing is all about money (like all sporting events) and nothing to do with allowing a local kid the opportunity to play at Fenway. There is no chance UMass vs. Lowell would pack Fenway Park. Boston College vs. BU or Notre Dame, etc would get a much bigger crowd, hence why those type schools will always play in this event.
                              I get that and agree. The fake John Henry and his niece/wife who married him for his charm are doing this for the kids. Same reason the pros like the Winter Classic and the football players who get zero while the schools get 10 million to play in a bowl game. they still have fun and love the experience.

My only point was that who cares if every school gets to pay if the players love it. JD going or not is beyond irrelevant. I doubt the players do it `hoping that the school makes more money, doubt it ever crossed their minds.

I have not seen one nhl team/player/copach not thrilled to play them, you would expect more so for the college kids.

Lowell, Amherst, PC and MC have a ton of local kids would enjoy the experience. Just because BC played there doesnt mean anything. Just means that BU played BC and both York and Parker said it was a great experience and one they will neevr forget and one that the BU players can bust dchops with their BC pals down the road on. Which they will

Comment

Top goalie recruit Thatcher Demko was at BC this weekend, he plays for the US NTDP and beat Merrimack & tied UNH this weekend.

He's projected as a 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X