X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

Talking to yourself Joe?

The bad news... we didn't play so well last night. Guys couldn't get out of each others way, out of psync, etc.
    The good news... we were still in the game and with a little puck luck/bounces, we could have stole one.

Hats off to BU though. They played a very good game and O'Connor was great between the pipes.

Anyone else think Sean Escobedo is by far and away the toughest guy in Hockey East? After the whistle blows, he's a frickin' animal, usually smacking around the smallest opponent on the ice.

The Eagles have to do some hitting tonight. We are a better team when we are physical. No, not after the whistle... leave that to BU. During play, so it gives the Terriers a reason to muck it up after whistles.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I'm not a fan of noonan's antics either

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        I'm not a fan of noonan's antics either
        nope, 6 minors this weekend

Was off on my penalty minute O/U this weekend, needed BU to have some more misconducts

Comment

BC didn't lose at home in the 2012 calendar year

Comment

Is It January 11, yet? Congrats, coach York! Looking forward to the home and home with you guys in a month or so. A split would be nice, but I don't expect too much.. though expectations have been exceeded so far. Good luck (not that you'll need it!) until then...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              The Eagles have to do some hitting tonight.
              I would have agreed with this assessment going into the game and was happy to see that they did.

A lot of BC's problems the last few years are when they play soft and don't hit guys. Especially in the BU games.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                Is It January 11, yet? Congrats, coach York! Looking forward to the home and home with you guys in a month or so. A split would be nice, but I don't expect too much.. though expectations have been exceeded so far. Good luck (not that you'll need it!) until then...
                well, you should expect much. Another impressive weekend and seemed like a great turnout of UNH fans in Lowell judging by the video on HE site. Some of the most entertaining games on our calendar, year in and year out ,are the UNH games.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                  that's insane

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    I would have agreed with this assessment going into the game and was happy to see that they did.

A lot of BC's problems the last few years are when they play soft and don't hit guys. Especially in the BU games.

York's comment after the game was that one of the PK's really energized the team and got the crowd involved. I sort of saw the same thing, expect i dont know if it was the PK, or the fact that it was that penalty on gaudreau when he got punched in the face after the whistle. Either way, i noticed they got real physical after that second cheap shot of the night on 13. (first being sissy on the first shift of the game)
                    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                      i will protect this house?
                      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                        i will protect this house?
                        Who is house!
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I like Silk a lot on the 2nd line and think he needs to be playing with some talented linemates to get his confidence back. He may never be an All-American, but he's got talent and I think he can become a legit goal scorer at this level. When Straight comes back, put him with Linell and Brown on the 3rd line, which would have a little more scoring punch than we've seen from the other 3rd line combos. Sit, Smith and Dyroff are not offensive guys and would be a good defensive 4th line. If you really wanted to get crazy, you could move Brown to the 1st line and have a 3rd line of Straight/Linell/Whitney, which would definitely put some points up. The only question being how much Brown would slow down the 1st line? This is where we really miss Vatrano, as we are just about one skill guy away from being able to cobble together 3 legit scoring lines.

Comment

I said this on EA, but not having Straight for a stretch has been a positive. While it's not a deep team, they can get by without him for a few weeks during this part of the schedule with only one game left before the break. It's given a lot of different guys opportunities to play a bigger role. This can only help as the season goes along. I think now we're at a point where you're at least comfortable with the bottom six so to speak. They won't score a lot, but they are showing they can chip in the occasional goal and hold their own out there.

Comment

Out of the bottom 6, I would say that Linell, Brown, Silk and maybe Dyroff have the most offense to their game. Sit and Smith are really more high energy defensive players. Considering who Brown is playing with, not half bad that he has 2 goals and would probably have a couple more if he were playing alongside some talented players. There is clearly enough talent to have 2 very good scoring lines, the question is do you spread out and water down the talent a bit and try to come up with 3 good scoring lines, vs the 2 VERY good lines? With it being this early in the season, I would give it a shot.

Comment

FWIW listening to York's presser it sounds like it might be another month+ for Destry, as he talked of early/mid Jan.

That's going to stretch the forwards even thinner as Gaudreau heads to WJC. I'm always interested in the lineup changes York does when he's missing star players for the WJC

Comment

Working...
                                X