X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    when he came in it was as a D. he was a Brown recruit and backed out of that to be a late add at BU. he played D as a freshman but not a lot. his soph year there was a need for some F so he moved out and has been there ever since. i don't think he's played back since. last year with some injuries and um, other events, there were times when bu played 5 dmen and ben may been listed as a D, but jack double shifted the 5 and ben didn't need to move back.

i recall though his Fr year he threw a beautiful open ice hip check in one of his games. truly a lost art.
    I watched a Russian player give one of the QMJHL players a hip check last night on the NHL network playing the 6-game series with the 3 Canadian leagues. The player obviously flipped up and over and they started a small push and shove tussle on the ice. Some real hard hitting. Some players on both sides drafted by some NHL teams.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      when he came in it was as a D. he was a Brown recruit and backed out of that to be a late add at BU. he played D as a freshman but not a lot. his soph year there was a need for some F so he moved out and has been there ever since. i don't think he's played back since. last year with some injuries and um, other events, there were times when bu played 5 dmen and ben may been listed as a D, but jack double shifted the 5 and ben didn't need to move back.

i recall though his Fr year he threw a beautiful open ice hip check in one of his games. truly a lost art.
      The 5 D rotation had Ronan, not Rosen, as the 6th D who only played once BU had the game in hand. Rosen still played his normal forward shifts in those games.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        The 5 D rotation had Ronan, not Rosen, as the 6th D who only played once BU had the game in hand. Rosen still played his normal forward shifts in those games.
        okey dokey then.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Anyone have tickets for BC/BU this weekend? If so, email me: iskinewengland@yahoo.com

Comment

Spaz is out. Done deal. Thought they would be gentlemanly about it and wait for Monday morning but why waste time. On with the search.
            sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
              Spaz is out. Done deal. Thought they would be gentlemanly about it and wait for Monday morning but why waste time. On with the search.
              Gentlemanly?

They were gentlemanly about this by not hanging him up by his puny balls and ripping that stupid mustache off before firing him.

This man and his greasy paisan Gene D both put this university and program in such a large hole it's almost unfathomable. Gene's hall of fame plaque should be ripped off of the Conte wall and melted down.

Jerry York forever, Spaz never.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

To me, it's not his fault Gene gave him the job. This all falls on Gene. I will remember Spaz for how good a defensive coordinator he was. New AD, new era. Excited for the future of the program. No NCAA violations to deal with at least.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  To me, it's not his fault Gene gave him the job. This all falls on Gene. I will remember Spaz for how good a defensive coordinator he was. New AD, new era. Excited for the future of the program. No NCAA violations to deal with at least.
                  Only if they make the right hire.
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    To me, This all falls on Gene.
                    100% agreed. Gene had a reputation as a boorish AD, so he ought to have known that good replacements for TOB wouldn't be lining up and banging on his door. A good coordinator does not an equally good coach make (ask Josh McDaniels). So here we are with a wrecked football team and a nearly-wrecked basketball program.

However, the best knife to the throat of DeFilippo came with that $10m gift earmarked for hockey (meaning DeFilippo couldn't poach it for other 'needs'). That had to have frosted him; his exist came a month or so later.
                    Chris V
                    Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                      100% agreed. Gene had a reputation as a boorish AD, so he ought to have known that good replacements for TOB wouldn't be lining up and banging on his door. A good coordinator does not an equally good coach make (ask Josh McDaniels). So here we are with a wrecked football team and a nearly-wrecked basketball program.

However, the best knife to the throat of DeFilippo came with that $10m gift earmarked for hockey (meaning DeFilippo couldn't poach it for other 'needs'). That had to have frosted him; his exist came a month or so later.
                      I'm sure it had nothing to do with getting a cancer diagnosis.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                      HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                      HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                        There were very, very good coaches out there available at the times he had to make the Jags and Spaz hires that would have come to BC in a heartbeat for reasonable coin. Gene just couldn't deal with hiring someone and letting them run the football program without allowing him to have any say in anything. If Gene dumped Spaz last season rather than doubling down with his stupid comments on Spaz being so amazing, he could have had a current Big Ten head coach.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

If it wasn't so sad, you have to look back and just laugh at the complete destruction Spaz caused in a mere 4 years and got a contract extension out of it!

This is a program that would churn out 7-11 wins (granted, buffered by a bs OOC schedule) annually. Then he comes in and in 4 years completely torpedos everything.

I also loved the narrative that Jags didn't recruit for two reasons:
                          1) As this team became more and more Spaz's the record got progressively worse
                          2) In his 2 classes he was able to bring in 2 1st rounders & the conference's all time leading rusher (who Spaz ran into the ground, got a contract extension out of it, and kicked him out of school). Spaz hasn't recruited anyone close.

Anyways, new era and a huge weekend coming up.

Comment

• Originally posted by mwade View Post
                            I'm sure it had nothing to do with getting a cancer diagnosis.
                            I'm sure he destroyed the football and basketball programs.
                            National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                            Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                            Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                            two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                            b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

I know it was at the most opportune time being your first game of the year but how we beat you is looking comical at this point.
                              Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                              Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                                I know it was at the most opportune time being your first game of the year but how we beat you is looking comical at this point.
                                NU always gives BC fits, you know that, no matter circumstance or W/L records

I'm not sure what to make of NU, there seems to be talent and you have i think the #4 recruiting class coming next year..............i'm wondering if Madigan was the right hire especially after being out of coaching for that long. I dont pretend to know much about your program but it was obvious from the start Cronin was a good hire and now something is wrong/missing

Comment

Working...
                                X