X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

Letter from Coach:

http://www.bcheights.com/mobile/the-..._2_20121025959

Totally agree, but any idea what prompted it? I don't recall anything out of the ordinary. Maybe it's just a reminder not to stoop to our opponents' level given the filth NU was chanting last week?
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      Letter from Coach:

Totally agree, but any idea what prompted it? I don't recall anything out of the ordinary. Maybe it's just a reminder not to stoop to our opponents' level given the filth NU was chanting last week?
      I'm sure a trip to Mullins as well, what animals.

Comment

Letter from Coach:

I'm not a fan of the DogHouse's powerplay chants but aside from that, the DogHouse is not a fan of actual profanity whatsoever. Any drunk freshman that attempts to start a "**** BC" or "**** BU" chant is quickly told to be quiet and sit down. "BC sucks" is also one that the Doghouse will tell someone to stop chanting.

Certainly nothing on the level of BU chanting "you're priest touched you" at the Beanpot two years ago among other chants.
        Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
        Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          Letter from Coach:

Hearing "F BC" for 2 games in a row on the road probably didn't help. If Coach York felt the need to do this, it just speaks to how gross an disrespectful those unwashed frat boys from some rival schools really are.

BC has the "you suck" chants during intros and after goals; I wonder if he was referring to that at all?

Comment

I didn't hear anything different at the NU game, but maybe he or someone else did. Or, maybe because he keeps hearing the same disparaging things toward the opponent, he wants students to go in a different direction. Or perhaps just a preemptive strike on his part so Conte doesn't become what Mullins is, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by inyorkwetrust View Post
              Hearing "F BC" for 2 games in a row on the road probably didn't help. If Coach York felt the need to do this, it just speaks to how gross an disrespectful those unwashed frat boys from some rival schools really are.

BC has the "you suck" chants during intros and after goals; I wonder if he was referring to that at all?
              Surprising to hear this coming from BC. On the list of HE schools where I expect to hear mass amounts of expletives coming our way, BC is way down on the list. Sure, there's always the drunk idiots individually screaming, but it's miles away from what we hear at UMass, UVM, Northeastern, and even more recently PC. I can't imagine he's objecting to you suck cheers. They didn't even ban us from doing that at Agganis.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I know that when some of us on here (TTT20, claver2010, myself) were students York did mention to us that he wished we could come up with something to replace the "sucks" when the opposing players are introduced. He's always disliked that. I think it's probably wishful thinking that that one will ever go away.

The only other thing that is nails on a chalkboard to me - every now and then they do "what's the matter with (opponent)"... "(opponent) sucks". While boorish my bigger issue with it is that it's really lame.

Other than that I can't say I've ever heard really awful language in chants at Conte. Well, the occasional "bull...." after bad calls, I guess.

My guess is this is a combination of him not liking "sucks" and hearing the "******* BC" stuff at NU and UMass.

He also might be thinking that with the student section expanded and over-sold-out this year there may be more uninitiated fans/people going for the purpose of getting drunk, etc. and so they may worry the chants might veer in that direction in the future.
                BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                -
                Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

I didn't hear anything on Saturday at all.

As I said it was probably in response to the first couple of games, especially at Mullins. The "**** BC" chant occurred literally every other minute (was heard clear as day on the radio as well) and it only took about .3 seconds from the opening faceoff for it to start

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    I didn't hear anything different at the NU game, but maybe he or someone else did.
                    It has to be that, some donor complained. If it was caused by another fan base swearing it would have been written years ago after a visit to Mullins.

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                    drunk freshman that attempts to start a "**** BC"
                    This is not an anti NU post and the rhetorical questions about to be asked are not directed at you, I just love how every fanbase (including my own at times) blames their stupid chants on drunk freshmen.

Did you even see who started the chant? Did you recognize them and know their class year? Why did you recognize and know this person if he is such an idiot? Do you know how much he had to drink? Did you follow the same procedure to identify everyone who joined in with the chant? Quality excuse.

Comment

I will say this, the "B-U-K-K-A-K-E! What's that spell? TEAMWORK!" chants (and the others like it) that NU is coming up with lately are out of line. Even more so than "**** BC" chants. Imagine bringing your kid to a game and having them ask you what that means.

You and your ilk need to cut that **** out, "responsible NU fan." That's not some drunk freshman, that's your diehards walking into OUR arena with that nonsense.

Seriously.
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I will say this, the "B-U-K-K-A-K-E! What's that spell? TEAMWORK!" chants (and the others like it) that NU is coming up with lately are out of line. Even more so than "**** BC" chants. Imagine bringing your kid to a game and having them ask you what that means.

You and your ilk need to cut that **** out, "responsible NU fan." That's not some drunk freshman, that's your diehards walking into OUR arena with that nonsense.

Seriously.
                        That one's been going on for as long as I can remember. I've been going to games at Matthews since I was a kid when my Dad and I used to make the rounds of all the Beanpot arenas once a year.

Saying "except for the power play and penalty kill chants, we don't condone profanity at NU" reminds me a little bit of "other than that, Ms. Lincoln, how was the play?" Definitively the worst thing going.
                        Last edited by joegrav; 10-25-2012, 12:19 PM.
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post

My guess is this is a combination of him not liking "sucks" and hearing the "******* BC" stuff at NU and UMass.
                          There was no **** BC chant at Matthews in the main DogHouse side so I don't know what you are referring to. If on the other side of the DogHouse there was, it was carried out by a small group of people that were likely told by the DogHouse leaders to shutup. I was up there the entire game and no profanity was used in any chant. Cannot speak for the side down by the varsity club. I can say though, that the DogHouse passed out chant cards for the first game of the season to get the freshman to know the chants and on the card it said don't use profanity.
                          Northeastern Huskies

Comment

What does it take to become a DogHouse leader? I really wanna know. Is there training involved? Some type of video that you have to watch?

Who remembers Angry Jack getting into it with a Dog House member a few years back? I don't remember the specifics but wish I could have witnessed it.

Comment

Seriously.
                              1. The "drunk freshman" thing was in reference to **** BC not the powerplay chants.

2. "I'm not a fan of the DogHouse's powerplay chants"

So please, don't loop me into the brain trust that created that before I was even at NU. Was not a fan of it as a freshman and I'm not a fan of it now, it's inappropriate and bush league as far as I'm concerned.

All I'm saying is, the chants started in the DogHouse are 99 percent of the time, started from the main leaders in the front row and they do not start any chant that says "**** this team" or "this team sucks".
                              Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                What does it take to become a DogHouse leader? I really wanna know. Is there training involved? Some type of video that you have to watch?

Who remembers Angry Jack getting into it with a Dog House member a few years back? I don't remember the specifics but wish I could have witnessed it.
                                Wasn't that the time that people were banging on the glass behind the BU bench and Parker leaned over the glass and started berating people? Fun times. I give NU all the credit in the world for that one.

I think that game was on CN8 TV (god rest its soul).
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X