X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
    Wanted to comment on Teddy Doherty tonight. I thought he was pretty solid from what I could see from my seats. He was good with the stick defensively and was able to cut off angles of the puck carriers from NU. No major mistakes that I could see. Anyone else notice this or am I way off?
    Well, I thought he looked like he was cemented to the ice when that NU forward skated right by him 1:52 into the game. Good thing for the hook. Other than that, it's all good.

The Eagles played with some fire in their belly tonight. A complete turnaround from their effort of a week ago. This team is going to have to bring their lunch pail every night, outworking and outhustling the opposition to be successful.

Go Eagles!

Edit: One other thought. Pat Mullane was FLYING around the ice last night. Perhaps he took last weeks team effort personally. If the team follows his lead and puts in that kind of effort every night, they'll be fine.
    Last edited by FiveHole12; 10-21-2012, 05:46 AM.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      Well, I thought he looked like he was cemented to the ice when that NU forward skated right by him 1:52 into the game. Good thing for the hook. Other than that, it's all good.

The Eagles played with some fire in their belly tonight. A complete turnaround from their effort of a week ago. This team is going to have to bring their lunch pail every night, outworking and outhustling the opposition to be successful.

Go Eagles!

Edit: One other thought. Pat Mullane was FLYING around the ice last night. Perhaps he took last weeks team effort personally. If the team follows his lead and puts in that kind of effort every night, they'll be fine.
      My short term memory is just awful. I forgot about that hook.
      National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
      Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
      Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
      two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
      b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
        My short term memory is just awful. I forgot about that hook.
        mine is too but i remember that and really aside from that i still think he looked good , don't you Fivehole?..........and i plan to be i at Tsongas, see you there barring catastrophe ..............or even an earthquake

Comment

How about Sullivan on D? Having come straight out of the Prep leagues, vs Doherty and Matheson who played in the USHL, would figure he'll take more time to develop. I thought I read somewhere that Jerry sat him during the latter stages of the Zoo Mass game on Friday night?

Comment

your banner is ugly. uggghhhhh-ggglllleeee!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
              How about Sullivan on D? Having come straight out of the Prep leagues, vs Doherty and Matheson who played in the USHL, would figure he'll take more time to develop. I thought I read somewhere that Jerry sat him during the latter stages of the Zoo Mass game on Friday night?
              that was me. but i was going by what was said on the radio. i didnt notice much of sullivan at all. could be that he made very few mistakes (which would be good) or that he didnt see much ice since the game was fairly close (obviously would be bad). but clearly the coaching staff has a lot more confidence in matheson and doherty than sullivan at this point.

overall the makeup of this team is pretty good. the first 2 lines are obviously filthy. the third line isnt going to put in a lot of goals but smith provides a great physical presence and linell and sit seem to be the #1 pk unit. the 4th line is an energy line (they have to play better) but i do like what i see from silk so far.

other than juggling guys in and out of the fourth line, i dont anticipate any other line changes for the forseeable future.
              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

I thought Alber was immense last night. Made close to half a dozen noticeable good plays, many at the offensive blue man. He has come a long way.
                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                BC - 12
                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                  I thought Alber was immense last night. Made close to half a dozen noticeable good plays, many at the offensive blue man. He has come a long way.
                  +1 Watching him incrementally improve each year and to see the player he has become, though not an allstar but a very good college D-man, has been a great story and one the coaches can use as a textbook example of what hard work and preserverance can bring

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    your banner is ugly. uggghhhhh-ggglllleeee!

i agree. I believe i'm in the minority but i loved the old maroon banners and can't stand these new things but i'll learn to live with them as long as new ones get added and numbers get added to the others

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      +1 Watching him incrementally improve each year and to see the player he has become, though not an allstar but a very good college D-man, has been a great story and one the coaches can use as a textbook example of what hard work and preserverance can bring
                      Jerry has gotten a lot of mileage out of this walk-on. He's definitely improved; doesn't have the high-end consistency you would get from a top defenseman but he's done well. Good example of a kid walking on at BC that probably could have taken a full ride somewhere else and it has served him well. Who could forget that goal in Detroit, his first career lamp-lighter as BC was blitzing Blasi's buffoons in the 3rd period? Great moment for him I'm sure. I'll be interested to see how his hockey career goes after this season but in the meantime he can go get a 3rd ring.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Ice was pretty choppy, just glad we didn't have a fog problem. Puck was bouncing all over and looked like it may have caused Matheson a couple issues on the puck. Still a great night and weekend.

Comment

Granted it's only three games into the season, but this team appears to be on the same track as typical BC hockey teams. They have flaws that will cost them games early in the season, but they have the talent and the chemistry potential to ignite late season success. Of course the reason we love this game is because anything can happen, but I can't help comment on how similar this team is to year's past. With great leadership, Mullane has already proven his leadership qualities three games in, consistent goaltending and the potential of finding that team defense chemistry, it's like rinse, wash, repeat with this organization. I'm not predicting any championships, but after a gutty weekend, four solid league points, and their captain leading the charge, it's hard not to like what you see.

This Friday night is huge, as a win on the road at UML will mean two road kill and six of eight potential league points four games into this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                            This Friday night is huge, as a win on the road at UML will mean two road kill and six of eight potential league points four games into this season.
                            BC has not done well at Tsongas lately. 2-3-0 record in their last 5 games there.

This is a big game. UML was expected to be at the top with BC. This becomes a big weekend already. UML has struggled somewhat out of the gate with a better performance Saturday. You could kind of say the same thing about BC if you take out that 3rd period in Amherst.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Took some photos at the game.

Comment

Nice job. Didn't realize Bates made it back for part of the game. Figured they would have shown him on the scoreboard or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X