X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Yes, the mopes at USSRCHO counted the game at Fenway as a home game for UMA and they got a 38K boost. The real numbers are 16 games for 73,794 (avg 4,612) which was about 18th nationally. BC's numbers do look correct however.

Is it possible That BC's figures were inflated by their Fenway game with Northeastern?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
      Is it possible That BC's figures were inflated by their Fenway game with Northeastern?
      You're right the Fenway game inflated BC's numbers on this site - I was looking at the wrong table. Not shocking that USSRCHO is incorrect. Maybe they can fix this when their website goes down at 10 pm tonight!

At this point, who knows what they count as home or away or neutral for any of the country's programs. Granted this was originally a BC home game at Conte that got switched but it's still a neutral site game. They didn't count BC's attendance figures to show the games in Tampa, Worcester, and the Garden.

Today's lesson - never trust USSRCHO. HEonline is much more reliable.

edit - because I'm bored, I just readjusted USCHO's numbers to account for the outdoor games that really are not home games (Harvard seemed off to me but I don't really care since they are way down).

BC - 7th nationally, best in the East
      16 98,737.00 6,171

UMA - 15th nationally, 5th in the East
      16 73,794.00 4,612

Maine - 17th nationally, 6th in the East
      18 79,866.00 4,437

OSU - 19th nationally
      Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 10-19-2012, 08:48 AM.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Now all we need is BC attendance expert Brian Gentry over here to set things straight!!
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

re: 98.5

Last year was primarily Friday night games and Beanpot. Did they do any of the HE/NCAA tourney? Even if it's not the whole schedule, being on a major station like 98.5 is a step in the right direction. Way back, I think around 1998, WEEI carried games but I don't know how long that lasted. Then I remember 96.9 FM (I think)...believe it was mostly a political talk station.

Comment

Now all we need is BC attendance expert Brian Gentry over here to set things straight!!
            true...........I wonder if we have to worry about the climatic conditions inside Conte on Saturday with the temps around 70. I know they have the dehumidifier but is that going to insure we don't have another fiasco? Also, i too am a bit dismayed that Bates wont be there the whole game but i suppose as long as he is there for the banner ceremony, i'm good with that

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              Also, i too am a bit dismayed that Bates wont be there the whole game but i suppose as long as he is there for the banner ceremony, i'm good with that
              Honestly don't care if he is there or not. Wasn't here when we won it. Gene had nothing to do with it. I'm sure the program knows he is supportive of the program - he'll have all winter to mingle with the BC crowd. Football needs attention and I hope he stays in Atlanta and watches Spaz give up (running on 2nd and 3rd and longs to run the clock out in the 1st quarter so GT doesn't put up 70 pts). I hold out hope every Sunday/Monday that BC will hold a press conference to announce Spaz's termination. A piece of me dies every Saturday that this man continues to coach this program.

Comment

Honestly don't care if he is there or not. Wasn't here when we won it. Gene had nothing to do with it. I'm sure the program knows he is supportive of the program - he'll have all winter to mingle with the BC crowd. Football needs attention and I hope he stays in Atlanta and watches Spaz give up (running on 2nd and 3rd and longs to run the clock out in the 1st quarter so GT doesn't put up 70 pts). I hold out hope every Sunday/Monday that BC will hold a press conference to announce Spaz's termination. A piece of me dies every Saturday that this man continues to coach this program.
                what they collectively have done to the football program is criminal .............suppose you're right with Bates

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  re: 98.5

Last year was primarily Friday night games and Beanpot. Did they do any of the HE/NCAA tourney? Even if it's not the whole schedule, being on a major station like 98.5 is a step in the right direction. Way back, I think around 1998, WEEI carried games but I don't know how long that lasted. Then I remember 96.9 FM (I think)...believe it was mostly a political talk station.
                  WEEI had carried games in the 2000's, maybe even mid 2000's. Not sure about back in 1998 though.
                  National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                  Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                  Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                  two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                  b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Hmmm...Jack Eichel anyone?
                    I have a feeling this was more of Coach York wanting a commitment of at least three years at BC, and no Major Junior jerkin back and forth (similar to Adam Clendening). Again, just a guy feeling, no inside info.

Comment

I disagree. Think it would be a great chance to see the BC community and meet some donors who have grown to despise some in the ath dept.

What is he going to see on Saturday live that he didn't see last Saturday, can't see or tv, or can't see live in the next 5 games?

Comment

Being at the hockey game would provide Bates a glimpse at what a successful program can look like and be at BC. Place will be packed, great atmosphere, etc. I do understand that right now football has to be his top priority. As for what that entails at the moment, I don't really know. I'm sure he has his reasons for going to Atlanta. I'm assuming most ADs at BCS football schools travel with the team on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Being at the hockey game would provide Bates a glimpse at what a successful program can look like and be at BC. Place will be packed, great atmosphere, etc. I do understand that right now football has to be his top priority. As for what that entails at the moment, I don't really know. I'm sure he has his reasons for going to Atlanta. I'm assuming most ADs at BCS football schools travel with the team on the road.
                          Is it possible that Bates is going down to Atlanta because he's thinking about firing Spaz? Ya know, like when Lucchino and Cherington traveled with the Sox to Seattle?

Just a thought and potential bright side for you guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                            Happy Birthday Steve!
                            Is it really your birthday, or is Nick just leading the sheep to the slaughter?
                            It was
                            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

*****http://www.beersoaked.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/nelson-muntz.jpg******
                              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

That works

Comment

Working...
                                X