This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
    Disregarding the implausibility of NU Winning one, let alone multiple, championships, what is my take away from that comment? That NU fans are front runners? Is that something to be applauded? At Least our fans are consistently indifferent.

Maybe Nu should work on winning the beanpot first and/or filling up their arena more than once a year with people who come for reasons other than just to boo the other team before we continue with the dynasty talk.

A question I have is, once the NCAA gets around to punishing NU for cronin's cheating, will they get a new postseason ban or just get credit for time served?
    ?????????? try decaf..
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

If your team is as successful as BC has been the last few years, you should see a rise in fan attendance. But that kinda support builds over time. When the islanders won their cups in the 70's they had a huge dedicated fan base, now you can barely give those tix away.

My point is that what he was trying to say (and what is true of nearly all sports programs, franchises etc.) is that success brings fans and if NU had that success we'd fill the lower bowl too.

In addition, bu and BC have more successful histories and a more dedicated alumni base. 20 years ago NU was a commuter school and now were a major top 100 research university. With that (in time) will come a broader more supportive alumni base that actually cares about their alma mater.

Time and success will bring support. Unfortunately the other big programs in Boston and just outside of Boston have that history. We are still building over here.
      GO NU!
      --------------------------------------------------
      2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
      2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS (no, srsly)

Comment

Originally posted by thebleedenator View Post
        If your team is as successful as BC has been the last few years, you should see a rise in fan attendance. But that kinda support builds over time. When the islanders won their cups in the 70's they had a huge dedicated fan base, now you can barely give those tix away.

My point is that what he was trying to say (and what is true of nearly all sports programs, franchises etc.) is that success brings fans and if NU had that success we'd fill the lower bowl too.

In addition, bu and BC have more successful histories and a more dedicated alumni base. 20 years ago NU was a commuter school and now were a major top 100 research university. With that (in time) will come a broader more supportive alumni base that actually cares about their alma mater.

Time and success will bring support. Unfortunately the other big programs in Boston and just outside of Boston have that history. We are still building over here.
        hope your right. NU's academic ascension has been going on for a while now so maybe your theory will come to fruition in the coming years. What has always been striking to me is the lack of alumni that go to your games . I would venture to say that at BC it's the opposite, there's almost always more alumni than students at Conte Forum since i've had season tickets. I hope this season students continue the trend of the past couple of years with their great support growing even more
        Last edited by sterlippo1; 10-12-2012, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
          Disregarding the implausibility of NU Winning one, let alone multiple, championships, what is my take away from that comment? That NU fans are front runners? Is that something to be applauded? At Least our fans are consistently indifferent.

Maybe Nu should work on winning the beanpot first and/or filling up their arena more than once a year with people who come for reasons other than just to boo the other team before we continue with the dynasty talk.

A question I have is, once the NCAA gets around to punishing NU for cronin's cheating, will they get a new postseason ban or just get credit for time served?

Well done

I assume no one has received their season tickets, good job BC

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post

assumption correct on this end........ I also called and got 3 extra's about 2 weeks ago and those have not shown up either

Comment

Pfffffffffft. We have 8 days before our first home game. You prob won't see squat until late in the week.
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

The bookstore is now in charge of season tickets???

Comment

Anyone know if the FCS channels are available in HD for Comcast?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    Pfffffffffft. We have 8 days before our first home game. You prob won't see squat until late in the week.
                    So infuriating. We should have the tickets a month in advance. Not a day in advance.
                    National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                    Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                    Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                    two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                    b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                      So infuriating. We should have the tickets a month in advance. Not a day in advance.
                      Be happy, you got your gold jersey finally, right?
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Anyone know if the FCS channels are available in HD for Comcast?
                        Don't believe so.

Comment

Don't believe so.
                          Thanks. Just bought an HDTV in May, so this is my first college hockey season with it. In seeing replays of other games on the FCS channels, it looks worse than it ever did on a non-HD TV. Is there something on the TV that needs to be adjusted for that? Or is that just how it is?

Comment

Thanks. Just bought an HDTV in May, so this is my first college hockey season with it. In seeing replays of other games on the FCS channels, it looks worse than it ever did on a non-HD TV. Is there something on the TV that needs to be adjusted for that? Or is that just how it is?
                            That's just how it is. There are two issues at play, psychology and aspect ratios. The widescreen ratio does mess up the picture if it's not an HD feed. There might be ways to mess with your TV settings and have the ratio changed to 4:3 instead of 16:9 in standard def - that makes it a little better.
                            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                            -
                            Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Welcome to the 21st century.

Make sure you have the screen settings/picture settings/whatever your particular manufacturer calls it to "Full" as opposed to "stretch" "zoom" "adjusted" etc. this at least makes it so your TV is not purposely distorting the aspect ratio to fill the screen differently, besides that I'd agree with Joe and say it is a lot psychology.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                                Welcome to the 21st century.

Make sure you have the screen settings/picture settings/whatever your particular manufacturer calls it to "Full" as opposed to "stretch" "zoom" "adjusted" etc. this at least makes it so your TV is not purposely distorting the aspect ratio to fill the screen differently, besides that I'd agree with Joe and say it is a lot psychology.
                                haha i supposed i deserved that. maybe next i'll get on twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X