X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Well, if you're happy with the hire - I would recommend not looking to deep into the direction of Miami Football and/or Basketball under Bates...
    we'll see how he does. I'm glad some of you guys came here to post your thoughts on him, i hope more of the Brotherhood will do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      we'll see how he does. I'm glad some of you guys came here to post your thoughts on him, i hope more of the Brotherhood will do the same.
      As mentioned above Brad Bates is a world-class human being. I wish him nothing but the best, even if it is at Boston College. He has done a lot of good at Miami and always represented the University in a first-rate fashion.

However, the issues at Miami in relation to football and basketball go A LOT deeper than just wins and losses and coaching hires. The athletic department seems to lack energy and creativity in problem solving, marketing and fundraising efforts, etc. As a Miami fan it was a MAJOR disappointment to watch as the university failed to capitalize in any way on strong programs and performances prior too and at the start of Brad's tenure (i.e. Wally in '99 and Ben in '03).

Miami presents an AD certain challenges, but it offers an incredibly attractive overall package to recruits - history, campus, academics, facilities that are good enough, uptown, the ladies, etc, etc. There's no reason Miami shouldn't be one of the elite MAC teams every year - with a higher ceiling than that in my opinion. It just hasn't been the case lately...

I hope Bates is a HUGE success at BC (and growing up a UNH fan and attending Miami, you better believe I love to see BC lose). I think this is a split that needed to happen and hopefully benefits both parties.
      Last edited by Dan; 10-10-2012, 10:22 AM.
      Live Free or Die!!
      Miami University '03

Comment

I certainly can't challenge the specificity of the Miami posters, but from simply looking at Bates' resume and the W/L records of the football and hoops teams noted above, nothing stands out as a red flag to me. Looks like the hoops coach he kept renewing had only one losing season in the MAC...last year. And was 11-5 two years ago. He was also able to attract a hot coaching candidate in Treadwell to Miami. Now, joining an ACC program...he should have a good opportunity. As claver mentioned, I'll chime in again after we see who the new football coach is. Thankfully he won't be reaching out to Blasi to make the jump with him

Comment

His legacy will be determined by his football hire. Fair or not.
          Originally posted by mookie1995
          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Are they gonna let donuts-billet play this year?
            sure why not

Comment

[QUOTE=Ryecheers;5515857]
              Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
              First of all I'd put it at 50% of those "premium seats" have obstructed views. QUOTE]

Are you running for POTUS, or for the Senate from Massachusetts? Have you ever parked your fanny in one of the premium seats? You are simply making up the facts to bolster your argument.

The percentage of seats with even partially obstructed views is closer to 2%, and that may be an overstatement!
              Uhh, what? You're joking right? Northeastern is by far my favorite place to watch hockey, but I don't think I've ever sat in a seat that didn't have some sort of obstructed view. It's not a problem, really, but the view is obstructed, definitely.

If NU had won the national championship three times in the past decade, the house would sellout for every game, and fans would buy tickets to stand in the lobby where they could watch through the glass!
              And if BC played at Matthews Arena, the arena would probably either fall over or be shut down by the fire department, since the average attendance of 6,407 is slightly larger than Matthews' capacity of 4,666. lol

Echoing what an earlier poster said -- NU's ticket office is by far the best I've experienced in Hockey East. Getting to pick my own seat. What a concept! Why can't BC do that? Also, no ridiculous fee to buy online in 2012. Thank you.

I stand by my comment that the tickets are overpriced though. You can get tickets to most BC games in the upper corners for $10. (Obviously, the good seats are pricier.)
              BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
              -
              Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Perhaps the lack of a ridiculous fee to buy online is deceiving in that they're just throwing that back on to the original ticket price.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Perhaps the lack of a ridiculous fee to buy online is deceiving in that they're just throwing that back on to the original ticket price.
                  Regardless, I appreciate that it doesn't cost me any more to buy online than at the window. Such a headache, and there's no way there's any additional labor etc. involved that would justify a $3+ fee on each ticket just to buy them online (and in the process, make the line faster for everyone who needs to buy tickets on gameday!).
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                    I stand by my comment that the tickets are overpriced though. You can get tickets to most BC games in the upper corners for $10. (Obviously, the good seats are pricier.)
                    And you can see the whole ice, what a novel concept.

Comment

I find that a lot of the "good" seats at BC have the worst views. A lot of the seat-back seats in the corners have awful sightlines to the goal in front of you. I like our balcony seats.
                      -

Comment

hey ..ours, a 100 yr old barn.. it is what it is.
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          hey ..ours, a 100 yr old barn.. it is what it is.
                          and the lower bowl in empty as usual. As i said, great idea having the HE opener on wednesday night

the place will be jumping on saturday night though i suspect

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            and the lower bowl in empty as usual. As i said, great idea having the HE opener on wednesday night

the place will be jumping on saturday night though i suspect
                            You going? I'll be there.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              You going? I'll be there.
                              i was but something came up and i'm not to happy about it. ill see you at the home opener

Comment

Disregarding the implausibility of NU Winning one, let alone multiple, championships, what is my take away from that comment? That NU fans are front runners? Is that something to be applauded? At Least our fans are consistently indifferent.

Maybe Nu should work on winning the beanpot first and/or filling up their arena more than once a year with people who come for reasons other than just to boo the other team before we continue with the dynasty talk.

A question I have is, once the NCAA gets around to punishing NU for cronin's cheating, will they get a new postseason ban or just get credit for time served?
                                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X