X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

Welcome Mr Brad Bates...
    Last edited by Hokydad; 10-09-2012, 11:28 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=claver2010;5515413]First of all I'd put it at 50% of those "premium seats" have obstructed views. QUOTE]

Are you running for POTUS, or for the Senate from Massachusetts? Have you ever parked your fanny in one of the premium seats? You are simply making up the facts to bolster your argument.

The percentage of seats with even partially obstructed views is closer to 2%, and that may be an overstatement!

Isn't it nice that you lead the league in attendance! If you didn't, there would be something seriously wrong with your fanbase.

If NU had won the national championship three times in the past decade, the house would sellout for every game, and fans would buy tickets to stand in the lobby where they could watch through the glass!

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        Welcome Mr Brad Bates...
        hmmm, just read about him, if it's true i like it

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          hmmm, just read about him, if it's true i like it
          The good thing is that both he and DeFilippo worked at Vandy. Hope they have the same success at BC. Both were great up to BC.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            The good thing is that both he and DeFilippo worked at Vandy. Hope they have the same success at BC. Both were great up to BC.
            Ah Hoky... I really don't even know where to begin.

Anyway, from a hockey standpoint, I hope this guy knows enough to leave hockey alone like Gene did and let York do his thing. God knows he is familiar with York as BC absolutely owned Coach Failboat Blasi and Miami during his tenure there. And you hope he is smart enough to let York pick his own successor.

Probably won't see Spaz fired until end of season, which is unfortunate because every day that clown Luigi "represents" this university is one day too many.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Ah Hoky... I really don't even know where to begin.

Anyway, from a hockey standpoint, I hope this guy knows enough to leave hockey alone like Gene did and let York do his thing. God knows he is familiar with York as BC absolutely owned Coach Failboat Blasi and Miami during his tenure there. And you hope he is smart enough to let York pick his own successor.

Probably won't see Spaz fired until end of season, which is unfortunate because every day that clown Luigi "represents" this university is one day too many.
              First comments about him leaving Miami,

As far as football and basketball, it's not like BB could have done much less (worse?), so anyone else should be an improvement there.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                Also an article on York in the NE Hockey Journal:

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/co...greatest_coach

Not a whole lot we didn't know but a great read regardless.
                ..very nice article.
                Just hope win # 924 and/or 925 do not come against my Huskies. Other than that - you earned this Coach.. have at it!

GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Taking a quick look at Bates' resume, I like it. Pretty much what I expected...an AD from a smaller school.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Taking a quick look at Bates' resume, I like it. Pretty much what I expected...an AD from a smaller school.
                    we pretty much need to hit a home run with this hire.........a critical time for BC athletics and more specifically the football program

Comment

we pretty much need to hit a home run with this hire.........a critical time for BC athletics and more specifically the football program
                      Well, if you're happy with the hire - I would recommend not looking to deep into the direction of Miami Football and/or Basketball under Bates...
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        Well, if you're happy with the hire - I would recommend not looking to deep into the direction of Miami Football and/or Basketball under Bates...
                        [Spoiler]

2003-04: 13-1 (Hoeppner)
                        2004-05: 8-5 (Hoeppner)
                        2005-06: 7-4 (Montgomery-BRAD HIRE)
                        2006-07: 2-10 (Montgomery)
                        2007-08: 6-7 (Montgomery) MAC East Champs
                        2008-09: 2-10 (Montgomery)
                        2009-10: 1-11 (Haywood-BRAD HIRE)
                        2010-11: 10-4 (Haywood) MAC Champs/Bowl Champs
                        2011-12: 4-8 (Treadwell-BRAD HIRE)
                        2012-13: 3-3 (Treadwell)

2003–2004 18–11 12–6 2nd
                        2004–2005 19–11 12–6 1st NIT 1st Round
                        2005–2006 18–11 14–4 T–2nd NIT Opening Round
                        2006–2007 18–15 10–6 3rd NCAA 1st Round
                        2007–2008 17–15 9–7 4th CBI 1st Round
                        2008–2009 17–13 10–6 T–3rd
                        2009–2010 14–18 9–7 T–3rd
                        2010-2011 16–17 11–5 2nd CBI 1st Round
                        2011-2012 9–21 5–11 6th

[/Spoiler]
                        Last edited by MUhawks628; 10-09-2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

So he made a bad hire in Montgomery, rebounded with Haywood who was then sought after by other programs and the jury is still out on Treadwell, who was viewed as a promising coordinator from Michigan State. 3-3 in year two looks a lot better than 4-8. I don't see anything wrong with his track record in football.

Who did he hire in hoops?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            So he made a bad hire in Montgomery, rebounded with Haywood who was then sought after by other programs and the jury is still out on Treadwell, who was viewed as a promising coordinator from Michigan State. 3-3 in year two looks a lot better than 4-8. I don't see anything wrong with his track record in football.

Who did he hire in hoops?
                            To be fair, Treadwell is 3-3 with relatively close wins against arguably the two worst teams in the MAC (UMass & Akron) and a 1AA school. It's probably going to get a little ugly for us down the stretch. Haywood's 10-4 season was a bit of smoke and mirrors, but wins are wins and his team played hard for him.

Hoops he never made a hire, just continued to renew the incumbent coach's contract.

More to what Dan was probably alluding to, Bates presided over the complete decay of Miami's football and basketball programs from not only a competitive standpoint, but to facilities, attendance, and overall fan intrest. There are numerous reasons why this happened, and Bates is only part of the equation, but at the end of the day it all occurred during his tenure, so fairly or not he's become the scapegoat.

Bates is unanimously regarded as a great person, a dedicated worker, and most of all - extremely approachable. The few friends I had who played sports absolutely loved the guy, so I do believe he genuinely cares about his student athletes, and there is no denying that he did great things with Miami's GSR during his tenure.

I imagine he will have far fewer obstacles to deal with at BC. Wish him the best.
                            Last edited by MUhawks628; 10-09-2012, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                              To be fair, Treadwell is 3-3 with relatively close wins against arguably the two worst teams in the MAC (UMass & Akron) and a 1AA school. It's probably going to get a little ugly for us down the stretch. Haywood's 10-4 season was a bit of smoke and mirrors, but wins are wins and his team played hard for him.
                              I'll take 3-3 over bad teams versus losing to friggin' Army. I also like the fact that he's coming from a school with a decent hockey program.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

None of the candidates had perfect resumes, I wil say he wasn't my first or second choice but I'll withhold judgement until he makes arguably the most important BC hire in recent memory.

Comment

Working...
                                X