X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
    UMass video and radio link for those interested. http://www.umassathletics.com/sports...101712aab.html

Also has an app you can download so you can listen on your smart phone if you want.
    Is there a way to watch the replay?

Comment

^I think so, but I'm not sure. You'd probably still have to pay for it.
      #NewMass

Comment

I didn't see it or listen to it, but that was one hell of a comeback win by our boys last night.
        Go Eagles!
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I know I'm not breaking any news here but UMass fans are absolutely brutal. From the first drop of the puck, "F BC, F BC, F BC..."

But the overrated chant in the first was hilarious

Apparently the Hayes-Arnold-Straight line was awesome and the 4th line provided some great energy.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
            I know I'm not breaking any news here but UMass fans are absolutely brutal. From the first drop of the puck, "F BC, F BC, F BC..."

But the overrated chant in the first was hilarious

Apparently the Hayes-Arnold-Straight line was awesome and the 4th line provided some great energy.
            Tough to tell who was who on the grainy feed but the UMass radio announcers seemed to think that the bottom lines got a ton of playing time.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I just don't see any way the 3rd and 4th lines develop into scoring lines. Perhaps the Linell/Sit/Smith line can pop in an occasional goal but certainly not to the point where you can really count on them. Had Vatrano stuck around, York probably would have shuffled the lines around to come up with 3 potential scoring lines, but that's water under the bridge at this point. Regardless, our top 6 forwards are better than any other HE team's top 6 forwards and as long as those two lines can score consistently, we just need the bottom 2 lines to be able to go out there and hold the fort. I've been saying this for a while now, but I really think Destry Straight is going to have a big year.

Comment

Team showed some real character and perhaps a glimpse of what they are made of last night! Coaching as usual strong down the line as game got tighter. Bench got a little shorter and BC really stuck to the team pressure as UMASS struggled. Great game to be at independent of outcome as the boys really played hard and with purpose down the stretch. Makes for a real interesting rematch tonight against a fresh Northeastern club.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  Tough to tell who was who on the grainy feed but the UMass radio announcers seemed to think that the bottom lines got a ton of playing time.
                  They really did, at least for the 1st and 2nd. The Arnold line needs to step it up and produce consistently because they 3/4 lines just aren't going to turn into real threats IMO. We can't expect 3-4 goals from just the top line every night.

Comment

Originally posted by inyorkwetrust View Post
                    They really did, at least for the 1st and 2nd. The Arnold line needs to step it up and produce consistently because they 3/4 lines just aren't going to turn into real threats IMO. We can't expect 3-4 goals from just the top line every night.
                    The Arnold line had two goals and hit at least a couple posts last night and two goals in the scrimmage vs the Canadian team, so not sure why everyone is so down on them already after just 3 games? If they ever did stop clicking, you could probably just flip Whitney and Hayes for a little more balance as far as speed/finesse goes.

Comment

If necessary, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing the top six split into pairs across the top three lines and sprinkle in Linell, Sit and Smith across those lines.

But, for now, last night's 3rd period and OT...those are exactly the guys this team is gonna need to see on the scoresheet.

Comment

Any video highlights of last night's game? Was anyone there to see the game? Good goals? Fluke goals?

I hope they have something special on the BC website for the celebration tonight. Hopefully some highlights. These moments should be honored and people have the ability to relive them.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          If necessary, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing the top six split into pairs across the top three lines and sprinkle in Linell, Sit and Smith across those lines.
                          Silk may actually have more scoring upside than Smith and Sit. This would have been a no-brainer with Vatrano on the roster, but now a bit more of a gamble.

Comment

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                            The Arnold line had two goals and hit at least a couple posts last night and two goals in the scrimmage vs the Canadian team, so not sure why everyone is so down on them already after just 3 games? If they ever did stop clicking, you could probably just flip Whitney and Hayes for a little more balance as far as speed/finesse goes.
                            I'm not really down on them, but Arnold Hayes Straight are the 3 guys on offense who I felt underachieved for much of last year. With no Kreider/Almeida/Carey this year, they'll really need to step up and produce for an entire season if we're going to be a contender for #6.

Comment

Hard for me to say Arnold and Straight underachieved last year. One guy went from 10 to 17 goals and the other was a freshman. I'll grant you Hayes in that he only jumped to seven goals. He needs to produce 12-15 this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by inyorkwetrust View Post
                                I'm not really down on them, but Arnold Hayes Straight are the 3 guys on offense who I felt underachieved for much of last year. With no Kreider/Almeida/Carey this year, they'll really need to step up and produce for an entire season if we're going to be a contender for #6.
                                In order to get anything going the defense is going to have to get much better getting the puck out of the d zone and allow the forwards to break out. It was a real problem last night. Hayes was the best player on the ice last night followed by Mullane. Although JG gets all the press he was not great last night nor was Whitney. Straight did score but will never be a big producer because he can't skate. He's not in the same league as Linell or Smith. What the should do is put Linell up to 1st line with JG and Mullane drop Whitney back to skate with Hayes and Arnold and drop Straight back to Sit and Smith. right now the 2 nd line has no speed and that was obvious the last 2 games. We had a great 3rd period last night against a tired UMass team. Play like we did last night and we are not going anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X