This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

BC should be getting summonsed to court because that point was stolen. Ugly, ugly, ugly. I know they'll have Gaudreau back next week, but if they play defensively like that against UNH, Milner will have a Minnesota-style sunburn on the back of his neck from the goal light.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Yale scares me more offensively than UNH does, but point taken. It was light years better than 8-1. Let's see how they look next game with Gaudreau in the lineup.

Comment

In a nut shell... the Eagles played like crap tonight and stole a point. Was like we were skating in cement against Yale skating on ice.
        First impression... Jeke is going to be OK on the blue line.

FWIW... that was absolutely the worst job by Hockey East refs I have seen in my 15 years of watching many, many HE games per season. Man, they were atrocious. If anyone has video... check it out.
        Worst of the night... Linell beats the d-man and breaks in on goal in the third period. He's hooked the last ten feet of the play... can't get a clean shot off and runs over the goalie. Called for goaltender interference. No chit he hit the goalie... he couldn't get a shot off or change direction because he had a stick wrapped around his torso.
        The 5:00 and game on Matheson is a close second. 5:00 for playing hockey and Game Misconduct for a perfectly executed embellishment by Agostino.

Don't get me wrong... the refs didn't cost BC anything. We sucked all on our own. Just pointing out the refs sucked more than we did.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I agree with Cross Check - it was a point stolen just by the number of quality shots Yale had over BC. But the larger problem I have with this game was the tenacity with which Yale played not being matched by BC - it wasn't even close. Yale just played like they wanted it more, and were able to step up their effort and level of play when it was needed most. Didn't see any mental let-downs by Yale, either, of which we had a few. BC's talent and goaltender snagged this point tonight, nothing else really. I know I'm being hard on them, but after a 8-1 loss I expected a little more urgency - and what I'm criticizing them for is rather inexcusable. Looking forward to the UNH match-up.
          BC '97
          Home/Road (yes, even outside Boston ) supporter

Comment

I had a HUGE problem with that Matheson call, myself, Five-Hole. No call when it happened, but oh-uh, now that we've got all intermission to think about it we'll call him for a bogus 5 min.major and game misconduct because that Yale kid looked kinda hurt from a kinda hard hit... Please, give me a g/d break! The Yale kid's upper body and head were lowered in what was sort of like a semi-crouch just before Matheson made contact with him. They're paths just crossed - he didn't line him up or anything or even lower his shoulder into him. Matheson couldn't have done anything more benign in that situation. These fools with the whistles just LOVE to call anyting that looks a little rough a penalty! Use a little reasonable judgement you idiots or you'll further wimpify college hockey.
            BC '97

Comment

He actually did make the call when it happened... the trailing ref fully across the ice by the face off circle. It was the end of the period and he waited until the teams left the ice before he told the scorekeeper. It's not often Jerry questions a refs call, but he and Brown were standing in the doorway inquiring about the call before the refs left the ice. Looked like Brown had a few choice words as they skated away.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

On replay, the call on linell was laughable...very little contact and certainly not "charging".

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                  He actually did make the call when it happened... the trailing ref fully across the ice by the face off circle. It was the end of the period and he waited until the teams left the ice before he told the scorekeeper. It's not often Jerry questions a refs call, but he and Brown were standing in the doorway inquiring about the call before the refs left the ice. Looked like Brown had a few choice words as they skated away.
                  you had a better vantage point than i did but my point on EA was that it was totally unnecessary as the horn was about to go off . If it stopped a scoring chance ok but clearly where it was on the ice and at the time it happened i thought it was a dumb play by MM. Sorry i didnt get down there, see you Friday

Comment

oh, one other thing. Conte looked absolutely packed tonight and when i got home and looked at the box on HE web site the announced crowd was 7100 or thereabouts. who the heck is counting the gate? there have been many other sellouts that weren't packed like this but still an excellent crowd and good showing by the Elis

Comment

Sounds like Gaudreau got banged up a bit today, hope it's nothing serious... Looks like Silk may develop into a decent scorer after all. When Gaudreau comes back it will be interesting to see what York does with the lines as it seems the Arnold/Hayes/Silk line is really clicking. Maybe try a 3rd line of Spiro/Linell/Straight?

Comment

Good call on Silk, carltonbarrett. I've liked what he brings to the table right from the get-go - aggressive physicality with a big 6-3 frame. VERY willing to bang it around out there. Figured the scoring would come seeing he's a USNTDP recruit, so to me the physicality he brings with his size is an excellent bonus - especially with 7 of 12 regular forwards being under 6 ft. (and 1 of the tallest over 6 ft. plays with 0 physicality, unfortunately).
                        BC '97

Comment

All very good points. Have no doubt that he has more offensive upside than Sit, Smith, Dyroff, etc and as you pointed out, with his size and grit, combined with decent skills, he definitely should be able bang in some goals.

Comment

Working...
                          X