Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Who was in net for Maine while giving up three goals...to Army?

    And how can you make fun of the football team when even in their most pathetic season in a long, long time their only win came against...Maine. Oops.
    Please do not feed the troll.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14


    Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

    Comment


    • #77
      Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

      Several (ok more than several) thoughts:

      For some reason we always start slow at Matthews. I bet if you look back the past couple of years, our first period GF/GA would be brutal.
      The first 10 minutes was not BC hockey. Granted shots aren't your best barometer but 2 shots in 10 minutes. The final 6ish minutes of that period were much better.
      I think York should break up the 1st line. It's our best line by far but right now we're not getting enough offense from the other 3. The key will be holding the fort as the FR on D get up to speed and the now SO 3rd liners develop more of a scoring touch. They're providing pressure but not that extra attack.
      Too many give aways leading to odd man rushes, granted NU didn't capitalize, it's still not good.
      FR D need to clear the **** out of infront of Milner
      Was thrilled to see Mullane & Arnold step in after some NU player took a run at Whitney as time expired.
      Going to be interesting to see how Brown/Dyroff react to more PT.


      Individually:
      Matheson is the real deal. On the point for the first unit, the lone D in the extra attacker. Steady, very good puck movement, needs to use his shot more.
      Wey: They're going to lean on him a lot to absorb the Dumoulin/Cross minutes and he doesn't have the history of health. Hopefully he can take that next step.
      Mullane needs to shoot more, but it's been that way for a couple of years now.
      Didn't realize how big Silk is.
      Loved Grav's HFB call. That was comical. Only to be topped by after a give away at the BC blue line, NU player had the puck, not a clear path but maybe a third of a stride infront of a BC dman, goes down and a hook is called. Unreal, Louganis would've been proud. It's been a running theme the past couple of years w HE refs though, foot race to the puck, forward goes down, auto call.
      Last edited by claver2010; 10-14-2012, 10:13 AM.

      Comment


      • #78
        Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

        Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
        after a give away at the BC blue line, NU player had the puck, not a clear path but maybe a third of a stride infront of a BC dman, goes down and a hook is called. Unreal, Louganis would've been proud. It's been a running theme the past couple of years w HE refs though, foot race to the puck, forward goes down, auto call.
        That BC d-man was Matheson and he played that perfectly. That was a hell of a flop.
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14


        Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

        Comment


        • #79
          Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

          Matthews is a great place to watch a game with all the history and all. However, it would be much better if it hadn't been developing into a house of horrors for BC the last few years. Every game there is a struggle to the point that I am beginning to have a feeling of dread when BC travels there. At this point, I almost expected last night. That said, I'd rather have it happen at the beginning of the year.

          Nobody should be worried. With the losses from last year and three freshman D playing, there will be growing pains. In the end, I am confident they'll be fine.
          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

          Frozen Four appearances since 98'
          BC - 12
          BU - 2

          BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

          Comment


          • #80
            Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

            Cross Check, to your point, the last easy win BC had at Matthews was in the regular season finale back in 2008.

            Playing in a hostile environment like a sold out Matthews is a good experience for the team. Let's see how they look Saturday night in the return matchup.

            Comment


            • #81
              Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

              Nice to see everyone responding to this loss with reasonable reactions. That must be a lot easier for us than most.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14


              Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

              Comment


              • #82
                Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

                Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                Nice to see everyone responding to this loss with reasonable reactions. That must be a lot easier for us than most.
                LOL someone didn't appreciate this:

                *****http://i47.tinypic.com/scb6kj.png******
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14


                Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

                Comment


                • #83
                  Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

                  i don't even know what that means

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

                    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    i don't even know what that means
                    Neither do I, but whatever it is, they aren't very happy! Better watch yourself, guys.
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14


                    Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

                      Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      Neither do I, but whatever it is, they aren't very happy! Better watch yourself, guys.
                      you gotta love the spineless ones that dont sign their rep.......still no tickets here
                      *****

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

                        Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Cross Check, to your point, the last easy win BC had at Matthews was in the regular season finale back in 2008.
                        And IIRC that game didn't even break open until very late. Always a brutal game for us - that's why the big comeback win last year was such a great sign.

                        Nothing to panic about at this point, that's a really tough game to start the season with. NU's freshmen look really good already, especially Roy. He's filthy. It's almost unfathomable that he was previously committed to Brown, and that none of the big powers got in on him.

                        BTW, I can't wait until the next round of ding-a-lings come into the 2013 BC offseason thread next summer complaining about BC's "inflated attendance numbers," since NU folk are usually among them. The lower bowl was about 50-60% full for their "sell out" on Saturday.
                        BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                        -
                        Boston College Class of 2010

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

                          Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                          And IIRC that game didn't even break open until very late. Always a brutal game for us - that's why the big comeback win last year was such a great sign.

                          Nothing to panic about at this point, that's a really tough game to start the season with. NU's freshmen look really good already, especially Roy. He's filthy. It's almost unfathomable that he was previously committed to Brown, and that none of the big powers got in on him.

                          BTW, I can't wait until the next round of ding-a-lings come into the 2013 BC offseason thread next summer complaining about BC's "inflated attendance numbers," since NU folk are usually among them. The lower bowl was about 50-60% full for their "sell out" on Saturday.
                          Most of the students that get seats in the lower bowl at NU games don't stay down there and instead move up to the student sections in the upper bowl.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

                            Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            you gotta love the spineless ones that dont sign their rep.......still no tickets here

                            As an FYI, I got them Saturday, if you don't get them today I'd give them a ring. Wouldn't surprise me if they effed up.

                            Edit: Really f ' d is censored, TYRANTS!

                            Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                            BTW, I can't wait until the next round of ding-a-lings come into the 2013 BC offseason thread next summer complaining about BC's "inflated attendance numbers," since NU folk are usually among them. The lower bowl was about 50-60% full for their "sell out" on Saturday.
                            It's always that way.

                            But they have the bestest fanz evah!!!11!!

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

                              Still waiting for my tix too, hopefully they're in the mail when I get home today.
                              BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                              -
                              Boston College Class of 2010

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

                                Any video for Friday night? I remember in the past there was some grainy feed for UMass either on some random channel or through their website.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X