X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    He's got some pretty legit stuff if anyone's interested. He pretty much spent his four years at school collecting signed stuff.
    he got anything by/of Hiromi Oshima and i'm in
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Looks like Frozen Fenway is happening again next year.

How many times can Fenway beat something into the ground before it's declared dead? I'm sure they're going to keep trying...

http://themackreport.com/merrimack-a...-frozen-fenway

Comment

Typical of the society we live in today. The belief that every HE team NEEDS to get an outdoor game or it won't be fair.

Didn't go to the BC-NU game at Fenway and won't be going to the BC-ND game.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Typical of the society we live in today. The belief that every HE team NEEDS to get an outdoor game or it won't be fair.

Didn't go to the BC-NU game at Fenway and won't be going to the BC-ND game.
          Seeing that they are packed and the players enjoy them, you staying home is a hair below irrelevant

Typical of a BC fan that once the BC kids get something, rest dont matter. I would guess several of the local kids would love to play at Fenway.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            Seeing that they are packed and the players enjoy them, you staying home is a hair below irrelevant

Typical of a BC fan that once the BC kids get something, rest dont matter. I would guess several of the local kids would love to play at Fenway.
            BC-NU was the furthest thing from packed (don't care how many tickets were sold) the entire outfield was a ghost town.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
              (don't care how many tickets were sold) ..
              that's the point. You don't, i don't.. but they (HE officials $$$) do..
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

BC-NU was the furthest thing from packed (don't care how many tickets were sold) the entire outfield was a ghost town.
                when pc plays mc, they will sell more tickets compared to playing at Schneider and or lawlor. If that is the case and the players on both teams olove doing it, why would you care?

As long as the BC players got to do it, screw the rest.

Comment

How many times can Fenway beat something into the ground before it's declared dead?
                  It's measured in years and the answer is 10 . See Boston Red Sox and the Theme Park

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                    when pc plays mc, they will sell more tickets compared to playing at Schneider and or lawlor. If that is the case and the players on both teams olove doing it, why would you care?

As long as the BC players got to do it, screw the rest.
                    I would agree that the sentiment is wrong. But the whole premise was also wrong to begin with; in that I wish they would stop picking BC to be in these games. I would prefer they cycle through every other team! But I know York seems to love them, so I can at least support that. But my personal opinion is that these games are a terrible fan experience after the novelty of the first game
                    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

when pc plays mc, they will sell more tickets compared to playing at Schneider and or lawlor.
                      Well yea, duh.

The thing with these Fenway games is, as has been mentioned by everyone, is that this is an amazing thing for the players (to say they "love" it is an understatement I believe) and for BC specifically to leverage the FSG connection to keep getting involved in this, they are able to sell something like this for recruiting as they know they'll continue to be involved in these in the future.

For BC hockey this is a great thing.
                      For BC hockey fans, I think we discussed this last season when the BC-NU game was getting planned, it is stupid after the first time. Considering the atmosphere that ND home games bring, it is a shame that BC could (and probably will) waste a Conte home game. Again, bad for the fans, good for the program. I say keep the blue chippers coming and I'll just deal with the terrible BC fan circumstances like losing out on home games and having to spend all my money to travel to watch BC win national titles (and then shelling out cash for some championship gear). The terrible life of a BC hockey fan.

Yes it is great for the players and it'd be nice if everyone could do it but at the same time it'd be nice if everyone could bang a supermodel and win the powerball. That's the world we live in. Joe Bertagna lives in another world apparently and everyone gets a participation ribbon.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        That's the world we live in. Joe Bertagna lives in another world apparently and everyone gets a participation ribbon.
                        I would say thats hyperbole but in two years everyone is going to make the conference tournament. So yeah, everyone will actually get a participation ribbon. I'd rather NU not make the playoffs, then have them make it as an 11 or 12 seed.

I'm waiting for an all UMass Frozen Fenway:

Lowell vs. Amherst
                        Dartmouth vs. Boston
                        UMass Medical School vs. Mass Maritime Academy

Lets do it!
                        Last edited by Thiessen'sBetter; 12-12-2012, 11:48 AM.
                        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Well yea, duh.

The thing with these Fenway games is, as has been mentioned by everyone, is that this is an amazing thing for the players (to say they "love" it is an understatement I believe) and for BC specifically to leverage the FSG connection to keep getting involved in this, they are able to sell something like this for recruiting as they know they'll continue to be involved in these in the future.

For BC hockey this is a great thing.
                          For BC hockey fans, I think we discussed this last season when the BC-NU game was getting planned, it is stupid after the first time. Considering the atmosphere that ND home games bring, it is a shame that BC could (and probably will) waste a Conte home game. Again, bad for the fans, good for the program. I say keep the blue chippers coming and I'll just deal with the terrible BC fan circumstances like losing out on home games and having to spend all my money to travel to watch BC win national titles (and then shelling out cash for some championship gear). The terrible life of a BC hockey fan.

Yes it is great for the players and it'd be nice if everyone could do it but at the same time it'd be nice if everyone could bang a supermodel and win the powerball. That's the world we live in. Joe Bertagna lives in another world apparently and everyone gets a participation ribbon.
                          Well, guess what? Everyone can and will do it.

Dont forget though Nick, the only game that BC played at Fenway that mattered they lost. I dont blame BC fans for being bitter about the memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q148hjru2TY

Comment

Dont forget though Nick, the only game that BC played at Fenway that mattered they lost. I dont blame BC fans for being bitter about the memory.
                            I guess the NU game was an exhibition then. And which trophy did BU win in 2010 with that Frozen Fenway victory?

Remember, BC won a national title each year they've played in Fenway.

It seemed like you and I agreed with just about everything except the everyone has to do it part. Then you got all weird with this senseless post. I guess most here would consider this typical. Happy Holidays, Hoky.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              I guess the NU game was an exhibition then....
                              Kinda
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                                I would say thats hyperbole but in two years everyone is going to make the conference tournament. So yeah, everyone will actually get a participation ribbon. I'd rather NU not make the playoffs, then have them make it as an 11 or 12 seed

Lets do it!
                                Will the top two teams get byes or will 9 through 12 play 5 through 8 as a play in game? You can't have a 12 team bracket otherwise
                                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X