This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

I should have added, doing it in that manner would be perfectly fine with york. BC had an outstanding first half.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Yep, especially for the fans who went but it's almost fitting how it should happen against UAH with limited fanfare.
      That will make a great triva question years from now.

Comment

i hope at least dinner was tasty!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

twas but traffic was brutal

Heights Sports ‏@HeightsSports
          York said Quinn Smith's goal was disallowed because his momentum pushed the puck over the line.

Troll on Hockey East Refs, troll on

Comment

Tough road game and give credit to PC for battling back for the tie.

The disallowed goals really hurt but great 1st half for BC.
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              A tie was bound to happen sooner or later. Lost count of how many games they went without one. 33 or 34 maybe?

I continue to think they are going to struggle offensively (and perhaps defensively as a result of the loss of offense) for a lot of road games just because of the depth issues they have on the lower lines and losing the line matchups to the home coaching staffs.
              Surprised they didn't struggle at home with BU since even on the road wacky jack still tries for the last change as he did all last night...

Comment

Multiple disallowed goals? And you're allowed to follow puck into crease, is "momentum" even part of any rule governing goals?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Multiple disallowed goals? And you're allowed to follow puck into crease, is "momentum" even part of any rule governing goals?
                  First Review
                  Just an FYI, the call on the ice was NEVER a goal....the linesmen were setting up for a faceoff in the zone when York ended up questioning the call.

Second Review
                  I still don't understand how Keenan called a non-goal a goal on the ice and took 10 seconds to call it a non-goal on replay. I don't know how he saw something different on the ice to call it a goal.
                  Last edited by The Zlax45; 12-08-2012, 01:43 AM. Reason: Clarification
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

You're confusing me. It sounds like the puck went in but wasnt deemed to be legal after review.

Comment

The first review which was when the BC player slide with the puck into the PC goalie and into the net. The officials on the ice NEVER ruled it a goal on the ice. Neither one of them signaled a goal as BC was celebrating, the linesmen and refs were setting up for an in zone faceoff.

The second review was when Gillies hit the puck off the goal line. Keenan or Millea ruled it a goal on the ice and stopped play since it was a goal in their minds. The ref who made the call goes to the monitor..looks at it for no lie 10-15 seconds recognizes it wasn't a goal and waives it off. So what did the official see on the ice there to call it a good goal that wasn't on the replay? If he was unsure of the call, play should have continued to the next whistle and they could have reviewed it then but he was CERTAIN it was a goal.
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                        Tough road game and give credit to PC for battling back for the tie.

The disallowed goals really hurt but great 1st half for BC.
                        It's always a tough road game down there. Can't be happy blowing a third period lead, but it sounded like a good game.

Great first half with the schedule they had, now lets see if they can win during hardware season.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                          It's always a tough road game down there. Can't be happy blowing a third period lead, but it sounded like a good game.

Great first half with the schedule they had, now lets see if they can win during hardware season.
                          Yes, can't argue with that first half for sure...............the concern is McLeod right now, as his arm was in a sling. didnt see it but when he went off it seemd like his shoulder. Good time for the break

Comment

The first waved off goal was right in front of me, was comical. Clearly went in (seems like they aren't denying that), but refs were way out of position. Great individual shorthanded effort by Quinn. Second waved off one was on the other side, was odd the ref was emphatic the puck went in and it took about .3 seconds for them to determine it didn't go in.

We didn't respond well to their physical game at all.

Some bumps and bruises yesterday. MacLeod left after the 1st in a sling after taking a slash and never returned, Whitney and Hayes missed shifts but ultimately came back.

Comment

MacLeod had laid a nice hip check (big hit) on a big PC forward along the boards knocking him off his feet. Both players fell to the ice and the PC guy landed on top of MacLeod. MacLeod came up with a limp arm.

BTW... 'big PC forward'. Appears to me more than a few are on the big side.
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Ya I was only talking about the smith one. In the recap it says after review they saw that the puck went in, but that it wasnt a legal play. I've seen plenty of goals awarded in this league over the years where a player crashes the net and his "momentum" pushed the puck and/or goalie across the line. That's why I'm just curious if there's actually a rule that supports them not giving the goal or if it just didn't look "right" to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X