X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carltonbarrett
    replied
    Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

I like Silk a lot on the 2nd line and think he needs to be playing with some talented linemates to get his confidence back. He may never be an All-American, but he's got talent and I think he can become a legit goal scorer at this level. When Straight comes back, put him with Linell and Brown on the 3rd line, which would have a little more scoring punch than we've seen from the other 3rd line combos. Sit, Smith and Dyroff are not offensive guys and would be a good defensive 4th line. If you really wanted to get crazy, you could move Brown to the 1st line and have a 3rd line of Straight/Linell/Whitney, which would definitely put some points up. The only question being how much Brown would slow down the 1st line? This is where we really miss Vatrano, as we are just about one skill guy away from being able to cobble together 3 legit scoring lines.

Leave a comment:

• TonyTheTiger20
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveF View Post
    i will protect this house?
    Who is house!

Leave a comment:

• SteveF
    replied

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
    BC didn't lose at home in the 2012 calendar year
    i will protect this house?

Leave a comment:

• SteveF
    replied

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    I would have agreed with this assessment going into the game and was happy to see that they did.

A lot of BC's problems the last few years are when they play soft and don't hit guys. Especially in the BU games.

York's comment after the game was that one of the PK's really energized the team and got the crowd involved. I sort of saw the same thing, expect i dont know if it was the PK, or the fact that it was that penalty on gaudreau when he got punched in the face after the whistle. Either way, i noticed they got real physical after that second cheap shot of the night on 13. (first being sissy on the first shift of the game)

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

that's insane

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
    Is It January 11, yet? Congrats, coach York! Looking forward to the home and home with you guys in a month or so. A split would be nice, but I don't expect too much.. though expectations have been exceeded so far. Good luck (not that you'll need it!) until then...
    well, you should expect much. Another impressive weekend and seemed like a great turnout of UNH fans in Lowell judging by the video on HE site. Some of the most entertaining games on our calendar, year in and year out ,are the UNH games.

Leave a comment:

• Carmine Scarpaglia
    replied

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    The Eagles have to do some hitting tonight.
    I would have agreed with this assessment going into the game and was happy to see that they did.

A lot of BC's problems the last few years are when they play soft and don't hit guys. Especially in the BU games.

Leave a comment:

• WildShawn
    replied

Is It January 11, yet? Congrats, coach York! Looking forward to the home and home with you guys in a month or so. A split would be nice, but I don't expect too much.. though expectations have been exceeded so far. Good luck (not that you'll need it!) until then...

Leave a comment:

• claver2010
    replied

Leave a comment:

• claver2010
    replied

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I'm not a fan of noonan's antics either
    nope, 6 minors this weekend

Was off on my penalty minute O/U this weekend, needed BU to have some more misconducts

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

I'm not a fan of noonan's antics either

Leave a comment:

• FiveHole12
    replied

Talking to yourself Joe?

The bad news... we didn't play so well last night. Guys couldn't get out of each others way, out of psync, etc.
    The good news... we were still in the game and with a little puck luck/bounces, we could have stole one.

Hats off to BU though. They played a very good game and O'Connor was great between the pipes.

Anyone else think Sean Escobedo is by far and away the toughest guy in Hockey East? After the whistle blows, he's a frickin' animal, usually smacking around the smallest opponent on the ice.

The Eagles have to do some hitting tonight. We are a better team when we are physical. No, not after the whistle... leave that to BU. During play, so it gives the Terriers a reason to muck it up after whistles.

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    given the quality of these two teams a split seems likely.............will the home teams lose as they always seem to do in this lately?
    no

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

given the quality of these two teams a split seems likely.............will the home teams lose as they always seem to do in this lately?

Leave a comment:

• Redd10
    replied

Over/Under combined penalty minutes this weekend for both teams: 100
    I'll take the over. MacGregor will find a way to stay in the box for 15 minutes on his own (if he plays over Ruikka)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X