This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I don't know if there's any video of this and someone correct me if I have the details wrong, but I wanna say it was the BC-Harvard Beanpot final from a few years ago. BC is either coming onto the ice or going to the locker room and some nitwit fan is dangling a BU jersey. I wanna say it was Brian Gibbons, but the BC player reaches up with his stick and yanks the jersey out of the poor fool's hands on to the ground where the remaining players trample all over it with their skates.
    That is THE GREATEST.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Senior Writer & Women's Hockey Editor, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Projection, Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Re: Boston College '12-'13: Gaudreaubey Baker

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      That is THE GREATEST.
      i know it and come to think of it, on that team, who the heck else would have done something like that besides Gibbons? Petrecki perhaps

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        I don't know if there's any video of this and someone correct me if I have the details wrong, but I wanna say it was the BC-Harvard Beanpot final from a few years ago. BC is either coming onto the ice or going to the locker room and some nitwit fan is dangling a BU jersey. I wanna say it was Brian Gibbons, but the BC player reaches up with his stick and yanks the jersey out of the poor fool's hands on to the ground where the remaining players trample all over it with their skates.
        *****http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-03-04/Hahaha_lulz.jpg******
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Whatever game it was, I was at the Garden and didn't notice till I saw a replay of it on NESN maybe a year or two later. Wish I still had it on the DVR.

Comment

Saw it recently... I think they replayed this game on NESN at some point in the summer. It was, indeed, Gibbons.
            BC Hockey 2008: NATIONAL CHAMPIONS... 2010 too now? OK then. 2012 or something? I can't keep up with this.

Anonymous Random Neg Rep Posted at 10:19 PM, 4/12/08, Moments After BC Won the National Title
            After Mom and Dad's checks stop coming, where will you be, loser?

Comment

Parker Milner stole another road game for BC. If he continues to play this well, BC will be very tough to beat. Parker made it look too easy tonight. UML missed a couple grade A chances by missing the net, but Milner was always in sound position.

I thought BC looked okay. They rolled four lines all game and was perfect on the PK once again. There were a couple UML power plays where BC's penalty kill actually carried the momentum. BC was better a man down than they were even strength for a short span in the second period.

Don't discredit these huge league points early in the season. BC can thank Milner for these two points. I believe he has won 23 of his last 24 games played. He is slowly dominating college hockey.

Comment

despite being out shot by a wide margin, i think BC had more grade A scoring chances than UML. Great time as always at Tsongas and awesome job by UML in the renovations. I had tickets in the Lowell Bank Pavilion but didn't use 'em to watch the game but did for pregame festivities. I love going to Tsongas

AND a well mannered but strangely quiet student section, until the last minute. We are criticized for that but IMO,Conte is louder than Tsongas
                Last edited by sterlippo1; 10-26-2012, 09:15 PM.

Comment

I'll gladly take it. Rest up, watch some video and bring a better all around team game Sunday (hopefully in front of a decent crowd).

Comment

I'll gladly take it. Rest up, watch some video and bring a better all around team game Sunday (hopefully in front of a decent crowd).
                    dont worry about the crowd already, there will be a good one

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      despite being out shot by a wide margin, i think BC had more grade A scoring chances than UML.
                      FWIW, I counted grade-A chances as 28-10 in Lowell's favor based on the shot charts the media got.
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        despite being out shot by a wide margin, i think BC had more grade A scoring chances than UML. Great time as always at Tsongas and awesome job by UML in the renovations. I had tickets in the Lowell Bank Pavilion but didn't use 'em to watch the game but did for pregame festivities. I love going to Tsongas

AND a well mannered but strangely quiet student section, until the last minute. We are criticized for that but IMO,Conte is louder than Tsongas
                        We lack depth this year and it shows. Somehow they came back at UMass and won in OT.
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Is that how "grade A" chances are determined? By a shot chart? I honestly don't know. 28 seems a little unrealistic though. I don't know if they're always tracked, but I figured someone simply determined that by watching the game rather than the shot chart.

Comment

In case you missed it:

How serious is he about this? Well, toward the end of our 30-minute chat in his office Thursday, York hands me a copy of the student newspaper. He informs me that he was so offended by the language coming from the UMass student section at their game last weekend that he wrote a letter to the editor. He wanted to make sure BC fans don’t reciprocate -- ever.
                            http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/ho...-not-named-red

Comment

• Originally posted by sirstruck View Post
                              Stay classy, not UMass-y.

Comment

Is that how "grade A" chances are determined? By a shot chart? I honestly don't know. 28 seems a little unrealistic though. I don't know if they're always tracked, but I figured someone simply determined that by watching the game rather than the shot chart.
                                i sure as hell dont track 'em but seemed to me, BC had more and i didnt think it was debatable . Milner made a slew of them up close and though there were many, none made me say, Milner really robbed 'em. FL, 28 out of 38 UML shots were grade A chances ?. I suppose because they are close they are grade A.........BC's two best in the first and 2 best by either team in the first IMO, Hayes in all alone and a stuff shot by Gaudreau at the corner of the net both missed the net

edit: ok, i just read FL's article , you really think that was "perhaps Milner's best game of his career"?? really?
                                Last edited by sterlippo1; 10-27-2012, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X