X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part 1: Pocket Protectors and Hockey Sticks

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    At least fridgen had no talent with his last few years
    But that was due to his recruiting, wasn't it?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

At least fridgen had no talent with his last few years
      Paul Kerins wasn't THAT bad!

When we had Polacek, we could win on talent alone. We don't have enough talent to win on talent alone.

Comment

ya the injury was fri night
        weaver or mr homer schott will just tweet it if I didnt post it.... i was just giving the die hard rpi fans info and thoughts from the weekend
        flag dude thanks for the respect on my knowledgeable posts
        babo if every coach or player from every team had the time to read all thousands of posts on uscho fan forums than that makes shirley ann the next president of the us 2016
        or there just rumors then lee bad head, curardi badshoulder, tinordi back foot, merriam bad finger there we got read away harvard coaches and babo
        rvd you are an idiot. Posting injuries that have not been made public by the team is just your way of trying to make yourself look like you have inside information and gives reasons for anyone reading this board the opportunity to pass that information along to the teams that they root for. We would do that here, and so would the fans of any team.
        If it is not made public by the team, then leave it alone. Great idea to put the players that we root for in harms way.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          rvd you are an idiot. Posting injuries that have not been made public by the team is just your way of trying to make yourself look like you have inside information and gives reasons for anyone reading this board the opportunity to pass that information along to the teams that they root for. We would do that here, and so would the fans of any team.
          If it is not made public by the team, then leave it alone. Great idea to put the players that we root for in harms way.
          So the players are not to use Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, as well as not wear casts/slings. Got it.

EDIT: And they're not allowed to go to class or talk with friends for fear of "giving something away".
          Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 11-05-2012, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            You are in harms way whenever you take the ice. Blogs exist, like it or not. I doubt the Harvard coach or team is concentrating on anything posted on a website about an injury. Do you call the Gazette or Troy Record when they write injury info? RVD and others, post away and don't listen to others that try to restrict you. If the injury is severe or noteworthy, the coaching and training staff will decide whether the players is in any extra danger by playing in a game. As far as this past weekend, Union is the better team right now, like it or not. Union is a national contender and has earned it through hard work and great coaching. RPI has 10 other teams to be worried about in the ECAC. Championships are won after Jan 1st so lets move on and see if a little touch around the net, some better goaltending and a little discipline can move this team to where they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
              Go back and thoroughly read what I wrote...if you do, this statement makes NO sense.
              You post did accuse rvd5star69 of being wrong.

One thing I don't appreciate are 60's-style politics, what with all the cover-ups.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                We don't have enough talent to win on talent alone.
                Why thank you, Herb

Comment

You post did accuse rvd5star69 of being wrong.

One thing I don't appreciate are 60's-style politics, what with all the cover-ups.
                  Jesus H Christ - you really are a tool. Also, there is as much that doesn't get posted on here as does. Injuries should never be posted. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                    ...If the injury is severe or noteworthy, the coaching and training staff will decide whether the players is in any extra danger by playing in a game. As far as this past weekend, Union is the better team right now, like it or not. Union is a national contender and has earned it through hard work and great coaching. RPI has 10 other teams to be worried about in the ECAC. Championships are won after Jan 1st so lets move on and see if a little touch around the net, some better goaltending and a little discipline can move this team to where they should be.
                    A level-headed, accurate take. Thanks for bringing some sanity here.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Senna
                      Jesus H Christ - you really are a tool. Also, there is as much that doesn't get posted on here as does. Injuries should never be posted. End of story.
                      110% correct. Anyone questioning this thinking need only ask themselves: What good will come of posting said info?
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        110% correct. Anyone questioning this thinking need only ask themselves: What good will come of posting said info?
                        If anyone cares-I hurt my left knee yesterday doing something stupid. That's my injury report for the day.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          If anyone cares-I hurt my left knee yesterday doing something stupid. That's my injury report for the day.
                          Sounds like a thinly veiled ploy to have Jenny make you a stronger pre-dinner Gimlet tonite....

Comment

Babo, I know we may go after people that post misinformation, but one thing I've learned about rvd5star69 is that, despite the rep and questionable English language conventions, he's hardly wrong when it comes to content.
                            All the more reason for him (her?) to KEEP HIS MOUTH CLOSED!

What part of "don't go out of your way unnecessarily to expose a player's sore spot to opponents' direct hits" did you not understand?

If a coach or player discloses that information to a reporter or posts it on their Facebook page, then the responsibility and consequences, if any, are on them. (see johnk post # 665 saying pretty much the same thing there as I'm saying here) However, we weren't talking to any of the coaches or players, we were talking to a fellow fan.

There is a word called "discretion" that people learn to use when they mature. Physical age is not the same as emotional age.

"Look at me, aren't I cool? Look at how much I know!" is not a mature attitude. The coaches and players bear direct responsibility for any mistake they make; then it's on them. No reason at all for fans to blab insider knowledge to the world just to make themselves feel more important.
                            Last edited by FreshFish; 11-05-2012, 03:03 PM.
                            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

So the players are not to use Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, as well as not wear casts/slings. Got it.

EDIT: And they're not allowed to go to class or talk with friends for fear of "giving something away".
                              FD, if a player choses to put information regarding the team on any social media or even in conversation with other players or friends outside of the team, that is ok, it would be coming from the team and if it should not have come out, he would have to deal with the coaching staff.
                              I have nothing against freedom of speech, and rvd can say whatever he wants. I just don't see giving out information that should stay in the "room" as helpful to the team I support.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                Great now this information is all over the dartmouth locker room. Can Dr D post - will he be able to post with the same effectiveness wit and sarcasm. How does this affect the lovely and talented Jenny. Should I buy stock in the Van Gogh vodka company. Just kidding. Back to hockey. When Merriam played i heard 'soft goal' a couple of times and 'he wishes he had that one back' neither of which sounds good. Let Kasdorf play. I would give Lee a rest also to send a message. Six games no points many penalty minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X