X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

Originally posted by Darius View Post
    Also, the only coach that Parker phoned before today? Dick Umile.
    That's interesting. (Not being sarcastic here, either.)
    We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
    ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
    --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
      Somehow UNH needs to learn to use the regular season to find ways to practice situations in game for use later in the year. This year PC, MC, VT, and Maine all played similar styles against UNH and effectively. I would have no problem throwing away a game or a few to develop an in game system to play against that style team. Heck loose in the quarters to figure it out, just figure it out.
      Paraphrasing Jacques .... "Dat requires de coaching" ....

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
        That's interesting. (Not being sarcastic here, either.)
        I thought so too. I know they go way back so it may be nothing more than that, but...
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
          Yes to '08 and 3 (it was 4-1), but pretty sure it was the Semi (BC beat Vermont? the following night)
          Thanks, I knew I was fuzzy on details and didn't want to look them up. Regardless the point is the same...
          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

FYI guys, Umile takes a lot of grief here, yes you're entitled to your opinion, but make no mistake that UNH is very, very lucky to have him. Yes, he's a good friend of mine but he's never had a player walk off the team because of the way he was treated; and like Coach Holt, and shown from what Darius posted, very respected by his peers. Umi is quite the guy, great family man, and yes awesome coach! We are very lucky at UNH to have such high caliber coaches...

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
              FYI guys, Umile takes a lot of grief here, yes you're entitled to your opinion, but make no mistake that UNH is very, very lucky to have him. Yes, he's a good friend of mine but he's never had a player walk off the team because of the way he was treated; and like Coach Holt, and shown from what Darius posted, very respected by his peers. Umi is quite the guy, great family man, and yes awesome coach! We are very lucky at UNH to have such high caliber coaches...
              what year did you play for him . ... Im sure he is a great guy , my issue is motivation , some coaches are great at getting 110% from there players others fall short. He doesnt strike me as the type that lights fires under there feet .

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                Objectivity is a function of sociological distance .... thanks for "allowing" other opinions .........

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                  what year did you play for him . ... .
                  He played for Charlie.
                  Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

He played for Charlie.
                    what year ? brother played lax and one semester of hockey .

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
                      Building the Whit with the large ice sheet was the singular worse decision ever made in regards to the history of UNH ice hockey. St. Cloud and Colorado College are similarly afflicted.
                      But what about BC and Notre Dame?

I mentioned in another post somewhere talking about DeSmith's talent that hybridizing the rink is more detrimental; i.e., putting 28' radius NHL corners in the Olympic width sheet. A proper Olympic sheet kills a puck that's flying free into the corner. An NHL rink will fling it around to the opposite point. Our rink seems to send it in to someone arriving behind the net. I say this is detrimental, because it clearly gives DeSmith the fits in the defensive end, and it coddles the dump and chase habit in our offensive end.
                      Last edited by Umileated; 03-11-2013, 05:50 PM.
                      Hit Somebody!

Comment

Yes to '08 and 3 (it was 4-1), but pretty sure it was the Semi (BC beat Vermont? the following night)
                        It was the semis, and Craig Switzer still has lost the edge to his left skate behind the net to allow the pass to the slot for the game winning goal. (I wasn't sitting right behind the net or anything)
                        UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                          Quote from Jack Parker at his retirement press conference: "School has to want you to win and be behind you." No excuses for this year's UNH fade, but it does provide perspective.
                          The school is completely behind the program, however cannot justify expenditures beyond the capital investments that they have made. The athletic budget is severely hurt by cost neutral football, fiscally draining basketball and Title IX. Does the University want hockey to succeed? Absolutely. Can it give more to ensure it? At this point no.
                          UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                            Also, the only coach that Parker phoned before today? Dick Umile.
                            Only time I saw either of these guys at a FF game they weren't coaching in was in 2006 and sure enough they were sitting together. I had to imagine they were buddies (because why else would someone sit w Jack Parker?)
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                              what year ? brother played lax and one semester of hockey .
                              Obviously Zoofer would be the authoritative source but earlier in this thread he indicates playing in '76-'77. I have a vague recollection from past posts that might have been his senior year, as I'm thinking he left as I arrived. No idea who he is, and completely respect his right to remain cloaked like most of us.
                              Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

[QUOTE=Umileated;5667015]But what about BC and Notre Dame?

They do not have Olympic size ice sheets ........

Comment

Working...
                                X