X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
    Has anybody figured out the playoff match ups?
    Sounds like UNH travels to Providence this weekend. Lost 3rd place TB's frst to BU, and then to PC.

Not exactly a dream match-up, but short of drawing NU, I'm not sure anything was going to be a good draw the way the "Cats limped across the finish line.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Nope hockey east just changed them ..unh now 5the th

Comment

• Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
        Hockey East has it..lowell.bc.bu.unh.pc.mack.uvm
        .me
        I was just on the HE site. They have Providence ahead of UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Um, I think NESN was wrong in reporting that UNH clinched home ice. I have UNH in 5th and heading to PC. UNH loses the three team tiebreaker (BU wins that) and then UNH loses the two team tiebreak to PC.
          Here are the tiebreaker rules:

For playoff seeding purposes, the following tiebreakers will be used at the conclusion of the regular season:

1. Head-to-head results between the tied teams

UNH wins season series against BU
          BU wins season series against PC
          PC wins season series against UNH

There is no clear winner for this tiebreaker between the 3 teams

2. Number of wins in conference play

BU 15 wins
          UNH 13 wins
          PC 13 wins

BU is the only one to emerge from this tiebreaker, but UNH and PC are still tied

3. Best record against the first-place team(s), then the second-place team(s), then the third-place team(s), and so on

The first place team is Umass-Lowell

UNH has a 3-0-0 record against UML
          PC has a 1-2-0 record against UML

According to the rules established, wouldn't this make UNH the 4th seed???
          Last edited by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan; 03-09-2013, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Except that there is a clear winner of that first tiebreaker. It goes by best winning percentage of the games between those three teams. That goes to BU. Then, PC. And at that point, even if it went to just a normal two team tiebreak, PC owns that over UNH.

Comment

Bu 3-2-1
              pc 2-2-2
              unh 2-3-1
              The Chicago Blackhawks - your 2009-2010 Stanley Cup Champions!!

Comment

"If more than two teams finish in a tie, the same criteria will be applied to reduce the number of teams tied, and then the process will commence again."
                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
                  Here are the tiebreaker rules:

For playoff seeding purposes, the following tiebreakers will be used at the conclusion of the regular season:

BU 15 wins
                  UNH 13 wins
                  PC 13 wins

BU is the only one to emerge from this tiebreaker, but UNH and PC are still tied

3. Best record against the first-place team(s), then the second-place team(s), then the third-place team(s), and so on

The first place team is Umass-Lowell

UNH has a 3-0-0 record against UML
                  PC has a 1-2-0 record against UML

According to the rules established, wouldn't this make UNH the 4th seed???
                  I believe after BU is taken out of the equation then its just PC and UNH, and it starts at rule 1 again.

Comment

Wow. Tough break for UNH to head to the road in the QFs after such a great season. Truly a crazy season. Someone very good was going to go on the road as the 5 seed.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Unless that 5 seed was BU

Comment

just got my "driver work ticket", UNH heads to Rhode Island Thursday night. awesome (sarcasm)
                        I haven't been on here in a year...
                        Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                          Preposterous.

UNH may not be playing as well as earlier in the season, but they have games in hand on both BC and BU, and have a layup drill the last three weeks of the season.
                          The above post from you on 1/26 was in response to my saying UNH would struggle to maintain home ice for the playoffs. I hope you are not a gambling man.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Except that there is a clear winner of that first tiebreaker. It goes by best winning percentage of the games between those three teams. That goes to BU. Then, PC. And at that point, even if it went to just a normal two team tiebreak, PC owns that over UNH.
                            Originally posted by Darius View Post
                            "If more than two teams finish in a tie, the same criteria will be applied to reduce the number of teams tied, and then the process will commence again."
                            I overlooked Darius's point that ultimately sides with J.D.'s argument

BU 15 wins (BU earns the #3 seed)
                            UNH 13 wins
                            PC 13 wins

If more than two teams finish in a tie, the same criteria will be applied to reduce the number of teams tied, and then the process will commence again.

PC earns the #4 seed
                            UNH earns the #5 seed

Comment

The PairWise is moving a lot, we are in a 2 way tie for 5th with UML right now. SCSU is losing to WI 2 1 with 9 minutes remaining in the 3rd. We'll drop if that result holds(?).
                              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Not a tough break. They earned it. they finished with six games against bottom dwellers, four of which were at home, and could only muster seven of twelve points. I'm pretty sure they only have 3-4 games left in this season and that's because they look to be in at Manchester regardless of the next two games. Man am I aggravated. I better go have a beer or something.
                                The Chicago Blackhawks - your 2009-2010 Stanley Cup Champions!!

Comment

Working...
                                X