X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
    I know I like to look at the glass being half-full, so imagine that we're fans of Michigan, CC, Wisconsin, UMD....despite the fact that we seem to end every year as Deja Vu, at least we are in the picture year in, year out...not a simple thing to do....I'm as ****ed as you all but at least we're still in a position to do something...hopefully " the Sleeper has awakened"
    Watch out for Michigan.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
      I know I like to look at the glass being half-full, so imagine that we're fans of Michigan, CC, Wisconsin, UMD....despite the fact that we seem to end every year as Deja Vu, at least we are in the picture year in, year out...not a simple thing to do....I'm as ****ed as you all but at least we're still in a position to do something...hopefully " the Sleeper has awakened"
      Glad I am not the only one with some postive thoughts. But its that time of year for the all the woo is me crowd to show up. Today is a new day, and next week starts a new season. Anything can happen in the playoffs, but everyone is so postive they are going to do anything then dont watch. Just sit around like a so called "fan" like BillB who only shows up to be a jerk and negative. I for one am staying postive and will be there rooting hard and hoping for the best, after all the play the game on the ice, not on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        Why tonight's game, Snively? Really, what's the significance?? UMaine took care of their business last night. UNH couldn't handle it.

The last-minute rally last night was just a mirage that keeps us coming back for more. Of course, the fact that a young and relatively inexperienced UMaine squad mentally checked out with an assured win after their 4th goal had nothing to do with it. Anyone buying that last bit ... please contact me ASAP, as I have some deeded wetlands on the back 40 of the WIS Estate to sell you.

It may not be February 2nd, but it sure does feel like Groundhog's Day in Durham this morning.
        Oh my lord....the WIS Estate!!! Long time since I've heard that reference!!

I agree with Snively65...the true character of the team will be made clear to us early in this afternoon's game. Sometimes I wonder if it is in this team's DNA to be afraid of success....hope springs eternal!!
        UNH

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
          Not huge but its a matter of playing the 1 or 2 seed in the playoffs. Im sure moving up a spot will be plenty of motivation. Lets hope UNH shows up tomorrow.
          Yeah, but since nobody knows who 1 or 2 is (or even 3 or 4 or 5 after last night), that doesn't mean much.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
            Yeah, but since nobody knows who 1 or 2 is (or even 3 or 4 or 5 after last night), that doesn't mean much.
            I disagree that Maine will not show up because they have nothing to play for. I think they will show up as hungry and tenacious as they did last night to show they are well past the stage of dwelling in the cellar of HE. The variable is whether UNH will show up this afternoon. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
              I disagree that Maine will not show up because they have nothing to play for. I think they will show up as hungry and tenacious as they did last night to show they are well past the stage of dwelling in the cellar of HE. The variable is whether UNH will show up this afternoon. Just my 2 cents.
              UNH and Maine showed up and so did the appreciative fans. The Whitt was rocking in the closing minutes and in OT. UNH fans didn't head for the exits with the team down by a goal.

If I was a fan of any other team in the HE Playoffs, I wouldn't want to play either the Wildcats or Black Bears. There are no more easy games. Time to sit back and enjoy the ride.
              The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                UNH and Maine showed up and so did the appreciative fans. The Whitt was rocking in the closing minutes and in OT. UNH fans didn't head for the exits with the team down by a goal.

If I was a fan of any other team in the HE Playoffs, I wouldn't want to play either the Wildcats or Black Bears. There are no more easy games. Time to sit back and enjoy the ride.
                I'm sure the team that faces UNH will be quaking in their skates. UNH won 2 of their last 6 games against lower echelon teams. They also blew a 3 -1 lead tonight. I hope they do well but no one is going to be afraid of them.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                  I'm sure the team that faces UNH will be quaking in their skates. UNH won 2 of their last 6 games against lower echelon teams. They also blew a 3 -1 lead tonight. I hope they do well but no one is going to be afraid of them.
                  I suspect the folks at Merrimack or BU will be pleasantly surprised with their first round match-up once things wrap up tonight ...
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    I suspect the folks at Merrimack or BU will be pleasantly surprised with their first round match-up once things wrap up tonight ...
                    way its shaping up right now is Merrimack @ BU... but we have three more minutes left
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Um, I think NESN was wrong in reporting that UNH clinched home ice. I have UNH in 5th and heading to PC. UNH loses the three team tiebreaker (BU wins that) and then UNH loses the two team tiebreak to PC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        way its shaping up right now is Merrimack @ BU... but we have three more minutes left
                        Yes how..lol

Comment

Maine, the so-called lower echelon team, has defeated BC (twice) Lowell, and UNH since mid-January. The point is there are no easy teams in the quarterfinals. No team should quake in their skates or skate with a stick up their butt. Should make for some exciting hockey for those who enjoy close games like the Maine-UNH game today.
                          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Has anybody figured out the playoff match ups?
                            I haven't been on here in a year...
                            Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Looking like a "well-earned" 5th place seed for these Mild Cats. Unbelievable. Or is it? Ugh.
                              The Chicago Blackhawks - your 2009-2010 Stanley Cup Champions!!

Comment

• Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                                Has anybody figured out the playoff match ups?
                                Hockey East has it..lowell.bc.bu.unh.pc.mack.uvm
                                .me

Comment

Working...
                                X