This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
    Which FCS channel tonight? 626? 5-0 friars, wow.
    Went to take a dump..now it's 5 zip....

Comment

• Originally posted by sonar View Post
      Something tells me that the Friars take 3 or 4 points from BC this weekend. Check back with me on Monday next ............
      Sonar very nearly called it. PC thumping BC at Conte.
      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
        Went to take a dump..now it's 5 zip....
        Okay, but do you have the fcs channel? :-)
        Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

UNH continues to get EVERY break on the out of town scoreboard...should have had this thing clinched long ago
          UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
            UNH continues to get EVERY break on the out of town scoreboard...should have had this thing clinched long ago
            1000000% agree...been saying that for weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              Spot on. Unfortunately, Providence has played so well against UNH this season that many of us (myself included) have probably overrated them just a bit. Gillies is someone I'm sure no team is really looking forward to facing in the postseason. But I really don't see them finishing any higher than 5th, as they have the toughest remaining schedule, by far. Mind you, I'd love to see them peg BC back this afternoon, but let's face it, it's not very likely.

As to the whole "peaking too soon" thing ... if there was ANY sign that UNH was approaching a "peak", I'd agree 100%. Unfortunately, for those who stereotype the "Cats as "Champions of November", this year's edition has done little (so far) to counter that reputation. All I'm looking for is a sign they can pull that off, but if you can't get any significant traction against three of the also-rans in the conference (and 1-0-2 halfway through is hardly impressive) down the RS stretch, I struggle to see where they suddenly discover that form the following weekend, going forward against even stiffer competition.

You know I'm pulling for the right things to happen, but if I'm being honest, I'm not seeing it so far. Let's hope a spark emerges in these last few RS games.
              Providence has concerned me as a UNH fan since just before the 2nd time we played them this year (and we lost, despite a heroic near-comeback.)
              I'll say it again -- PC is about the last team that I'd like to see us play in the 1/4s (at least, of those teams which are possible opponents.) Gillies is good, and BIG in net.

First things first: let's have a convincing win tonight.

EDIT: BC isn't feeling so hot right now either. Unusual for a York team of this millennium to have a poor outing this late in the season. Usually, they are cranking it up about now.
              Last edited by goblue; 03-02-2013, 05:55 PM.
              We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
              ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
              --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

1000000% agree...been saying that for weeks
                What channel..have direct tv

Comment

What channel..have direct tv
                  Sny idea on channel..

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                    FWIW, I think UNH needs to beat UMass convincingly - by 2 or 3 goals. They need to demonstrate - to themselves and the rest of Hockey East - that they can raise their level of play as the playoffs are set to begin.
                    Mission Accomplished.
                    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                      Mission Accomplished.
                      Well unh back in drivers seat..basically controlling there destiny

Comment

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! We needed that win -- very strong performance tonight by UNH.

I've long had this theory, based upon admittedly unscientific observations, that in a 2-game home and home series, the visiting team usually has the better game on the 1st night, and the home team turns the tables on the following. I know this is somewhat counterintuitive -- one would think the visiting team is sluggish after the travel, and the home team is strong. Maybe I look for results that validate my theory, casual though it may be, but this weekend supports it.

Good effort all around, and DeSmith earned the shutout. Nice goal by Willows, and a superb weekend for Henrion! Looking forward to attending the Maine game on Friday, and possibly Saturday.
                        We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                        ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                        --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Completely different UNH team tonight compared to last night. They appeared energized and focused from the drop of the puck. Henrion rightly so earned player of the game for the hat trick. DeSmith was solid tonight with a great defense on the PK. Accolades should also be given to Thrush for his 3 assists. Let's keep the momentum going for next weekend's big series with Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                            Well unh back in drivers seat..basically controlling there destiny
                            Almost ... UMass-Lowell still has control of the top seed IF they win out, but a FAR tougher schedule (Merrimack & 2 vs. PC) than UNH's two at home vs. UMaine.

Somebody up there likes us. BC with some very un-BC-like play down the stretch ... BU getting waxed at home by UVM , which means the Catamounts have almost punched their playoff ticket now ... IF Merrimack can win tomorrow against UM-L, then slots 2-6 have all pretty much ended up treading water over the weekend, and UNH's three (3) points gets them to the top of the heap. But it still rests with Lowell, arguably the hottest team in the country. And amazingly, if they slip up even a little, UNH has the tiebreaker over them decisively, having swept the season series when UML was sleepwalking through the Fall.

I'm happy with a #1 or #2 seed, so if you look at it that way, then yeah UNH is either in the driver's seat, or at least in the passenger's seat.

Should be a great atmosphere at The Whitt next weekend. Team deserves all the support we can give 'em for a surprisingly good season!!
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              Somebody up there likes us.
                              Bet all you want on Merrimack tomorrow....
                              UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                                Bet all you want on Merrimack tomorrow....
                                Been that kind of season so far, eh? Nothing would surprise me, but UML looks awful tough right now.
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X