• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=e.cat;5651846]I'll go with:

1. UML
    2. BC
    3. UNH
    4. PC

As we are all painfully aware, although nice to get, the RS trophy does not guarantee future success in the HE tournament or the NCAA tournament. I think winning the HE championship is a much better predictoNCAA than wito Bostonow is QUOTE] lowel is like 15-3 in last 18 games ..by far the hottest team....can you peak a litttle early thou???

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

I'm liking our chances of getting to the HE semis/finals less and less. Especially if PC is our foe in the 1/4 's though I suppose it could be argued we are due to beat them in a best of 3 series this year -- or Merrimack for that matter, but I won't be the one arguing that point. We'll see how it all plays out.
      We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
      ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
      --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Just curious how/why all you guys are picking Providence to finish 4th??? They have a game against BC and two against Lowell...they are currently in 5th place, losing the tb to a BU team that has only UVM and Northeastern left...any points the Friars get would have to come at the expense of BC and/or Lowell, making it less likely that they finish 1-2 and increasing the likelihood that UNH finishes higher...
        UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

[QUOTE=unh1982;5651851]
          Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          I'll go with:

1. UML
          2. BC
          3. UNH
          4. PC

As we are all painfully aware, although nice to get, the RS trophy does not guarantee future success in the HE tournament or the NCAA tournament. I think winning the HE championship is a much better predictoNCAA than wito Bostonow is QUOTE] lowel is like 15-3 in last 18 games ..by far the hottest team....can you peak a litttle early thou???
          Absolutely!. That's a valid point and I've seen UNH peak too early on more than one occasion
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Felger;5651860]Just curious how/why all you guys are picking Providence to finish 4th??? They have a game against BC and two against Lowell...they are currently in 5th place, losing the tb to a BU team that has only UVM and Northeastern lints the Friars get would have to come at
            Spot on pc has it real tough...i see one win for them at home thats it..thou the freshman goalie gilies is it..can steal one

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
              Just curious how/why all you guys are picking Providence to finish 4th??? They have a game against BC and two against Lowell...they are currently in 5th place, losing the tb to a BU team that has only UVM and Northeastern left...any points the Friars get would have to come at the expense of BC and/or Lowell, making it less likely that they finish 1-2 and increasing the likelihood that UNH finishes higher...
              I think the Friars will have some success vs. Lowell. They blew a huge chance at home to BC last night but I think Gilles is good enough to get 2+ points vs. Lowell. I'll go with a loss at Boston Coll today and 3 points vs Lowell. Don't forget this is the Friars team (without Gilles) that beat Lowell in the HEQF round last year.
              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

• I'll go with home ice and not playing providence.
                UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

• Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                  I'll go with home ice and not playing providence.
                  If i were a betting man..unh 3 seed playing 6in seed mack...3 game series.

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                    Onion man,the first 5 seasons as varsity the team was undefeated! 73-0
                    Pretty sure there was a tie somewhere in the first four seasons (coincided with my four years), but might have been a Canadian club.
                    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

FWIW, I think UNH needs to beat UMass convincingly - by 2 or 3 goals. They need to demonstrate - to themselves and the rest of Hockey East - that they can raise their level of play as the playoffs are set to begin.
                      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                        I think the Friars will have some success vs. Lowell. They blew a huge chance at home to BC last night but I think Gilles is good enough to get 2+ points vs. Lowell. I'll go with a loss at Boston Coll today and 3 points vs Lowell. Don't forget this is the Friars team (without Gilles) that beat Lowell in the HEQF round last year.
                        It's also the same Gilles lead Friar team that lost to Lowell once already this season. Which would seem to have more relevance than a series a year ago.
                        Lowell Forever
                        Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                          Spot on. Unfortunately, Providence has played so well against UNH this season that many of us (myself included) have probably overrated them just a bit. Gillies is someone I'm sure no team is really looking forward to facing in the postseason. But I really don't see them finishing any higher than 5th, as they have the toughest remaining schedule, by far. Mind you, I'd love to see them peg BC back this afternoon, but let's face it, it's not very likely.

As to the whole "peaking too soon" thing ... if there was ANY sign that UNH was approaching a "peak", I'd agree 100%. Unfortunately, for those who stereotype the "Cats as "Champions of November", this year's edition has done little (so far) to counter that reputation. All I'm looking for is a sign they can pull that off, but if you can't get any significant traction against three of the also-rans in the conference (and 1-0-2 halfway through is hardly impressive) down the RS stretch, I struggle to see where they suddenly discover that form the following weekend, going forward against even stiffer competition.

You know I'm pulling for the right things to happen, but if I'm being honest, I'm not seeing it so far. Let's hope a spark emerges in these last few RS games.
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                            You could very well be right. My point is that if BC and/or Lowell drops 2 or 3 points to Providence I don't see how the Eagles and/or River Hawks finish 1-2...it doesn't seem mathematically likely. (But then again, my SAT scores werent that great in math.)

I could see PC finishing 4th (or higher) but it seems to me that from a math standpoint that increases the odds that UNH finishes first or second.
                            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

So far so good (PC 1 BC 0 after one) ... and lest we forget, BU is back in the mix (2 pts. behind 1st, one point behind UNH), with an even easier remaining schedule than UNH. Talk about coming in under the radar (BU). So ANY points dropped from here on out are dangerous ones, by ANY of the top six.
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Which FCS channel tonight? 626? 5-0 friars, wow.
                                Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Working...
                                X