X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
    And for all you local Wildcat fans who love hockey, come support the women when they play Providence for the 140th meeting! If you love hockey, yes a different style but great athletes for sure, come watch the team give it their all today. You'll enjoy the game and the price is right! Be proud of UNH women's hockey program being the winningest in the NCAA !!!
    UNH's women's program is the winningest in the NCAA? I didn't know that.
    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

* IF UMass-Lowell beats Merrimack in North Andover tonight, they will then face a Providence team that by then will likely be in 5th/6th place, and theoretically only playing for first-round home ice, whereas UML will be playing for what would be their first HE hardware in program history. Considering how they've turned things around over these last two-plus months, and the experience they gained last season, does anyone think Coach Bazin won't have the Riverhawks ready for any of those games? I know I'm not expecting UML to drop anything from here on out.
      I agree with all of this. Except they play at Merrimack on Sunday, not tonight.
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
        I agree with all of this. Except they play at Merrimack on Sunday, not tonight.
        FWIW, I would love to see Lowell win the RS if UNH doesn't.
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

UNH Men's Hockey Highlights vs UMass (03/01/13):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQqzu...ature=youtu.be
          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
            Since they are a point behind Lowell and BC with no extra games to play, how can they win Hockey East by winning out? Don't they need UML or BC to lose a game?
            yes..bc and lowell will lose st least once.

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
              yes..bc and lowell will lose st least once.
              That's great. Any idea what the Power ball numbers will be this weekend? Lowell has a tough one at M'Mack but they will do fine vs. Providence. I'd be surprised if BC lost considering they have PC and 2 with Vermont. I'd say the team least likely to win all three is UNH.

Comment

That's great. Any idea what the Power ball numbers will be this weekend? Lowell has a tough one at M'Mack but they will do fine vs. Providence. I'd be surprised if BC lost considering they have PC and 2 with Vermont. I'd say the team least likely to win all three is UNH.
                i tend to agree but have to go with the team that has 3to home games....maine tends to lose on the large sheet.....lowell will lose to mack on there surface...pc will take one from lowell, tough to bdat a scneider....bc..will win tonight and lose one at vermont..who will be playing for a chance to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                  FWIW, I would love to see Lowell win the RS if UNH doesn't.
                  I think my mind will be blown if it happens... not that I don't think we don't have a great team... and not that i don't think we can take the last three... but yeesh!
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                    i tend to agree but have to go with the team that has 3to home games....maine tends to lose on the large sheet.....lowell will lose to mack on there surface...pc will take one from lowell, tough to bdat a scneider....bc..will win tonight and lose one at vermont..who will be playing for a chance to continue.
                    My prediction:

1.) Boston College
                    2.) UML
                    3.) New Hampshire
                    4.) Friars

Comment

Onion man,the first 5 seasons as varsity the team was undefeated! 73-0

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        I think my mind will be blown if it happens... not that I don't think we don't have a great team... and not that i don't think we can take the last three... but yeesh!

I hear ya. Ya know what? It would be pretty cool if it happens though for you guys. I'm just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                          Onion man,the first 5 seasons as varsity the team was undefeated! 73-0
                          For real? That's incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                            For real? That's incredible.
                            Correct me if I'm wrong Zoofer, but I believe they were featured on the ABC Evening News (in the pre-cable era!)
                            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

My prediction:

1.) Boston College
                              2.) UML
                              3.) New Hampshire
                              4.) Friars
                              Sad thing is you are spot on..but you would think the team that had 4 homes left sgainst no 8,9..would at least pick up 7 points...oooops i forgot we are talking about unh....never can close out and win the must win games

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                                My prediction:

1.) Boston College
                                2.) UML
                                3.) New Hampshire
                                4.) Friars
                                I'll go with:

1. UML
                                2. BC
                                3. UNH
                                4. PC

As we are all painfully aware, although nice to get, the RS trophy does not guarantee future success in the HE tournament or the NCAA tournament. I think winning the HE championship is a much better predictor of success in the NCAA than winning the RS. I'm good with getting home ice in the qtrs and then go from there. Having said that, home ice doesn't look like the be all and end all this year as any of the the eight teams could make it to Boston. The only lock I see making it to Boston right now is Lowell.

Comment

Working...
                                X