This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
    UNH @Providence game has been rescheduled to Wednesday, Feb 13th at 7 PM (per tweet from Matt Myers).
    C-H-C - is that tweet from the one and only Matt Myers of ManchVegas fame and now helping out on the UNH bench? He is a great person.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      I'm not sure a one goal win is "humiliation" by any stretch of the imagination. Especially with PC's inability to hold any lead at any time against any team not named "Brown."
      Ok, agreed that the Friars made it close in the end, giving up a 3-goal lead with less than 6 minutes left in the game. But, I thought that the first 54 minutes were humiliating for UNH fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Ok, agreed that the Friars made it close in the end, giving up a 3-goal lead with less than 6 minutes left in the game. But, I thought that the first 54 minutes were humiliating for UNH fans.
        It sure was. I took a friend to the game who hadn't been since 2002ish, he was expecting a lot more than what he got. Pathetic game. 4 points are crucial this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlS View Post
          C-H-C - is that tweet from the one and only Matt Myers of ManchVegas fame and now helping out on the UNH bench? He is a great person.
          Yes it is. Matt is also the video coordinator for the team. Fans can follow him on twitter: @Mathew_Myers
          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Whitehead said he is trying to work out an agreement for a non-conference game every season against New Hampshire that will be played on a rotating basis between Portland’s Cumberland County Civic Center and the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, N.H.
            http://bangordailynews.com/2013/02/0...ference-games/

Love the idea of playing them in Portland (an hour closer for us than it is them), not a big fan of playing them in Manchester.

Not new news for a lot of people but article also says we'll be going back to Estero next year - UNH vs Cornell; Princeton vs Maine with winner v winner, loser v loser on day two.
            Last edited by ClOuD 9; 02-08-2013, 10:37 AM.
            "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
            Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
            NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
            EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
            AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
            1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

I just watched the UND-UNO hockey game on NBC sports network, and the announcer for the game was Dan Parker (who also serves as the UNH announcer)?? Does Dan work for NBC? Does he announce a variety of non-UNH games?

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
                I just watched the UND-UNO hockey game on NBC sports network, and the announcer for the game was Dan Parker (who also serves as the UNH announcer)?? Does Dan work for NBC? Does he announce a variety of non-UNH games?
                So far, Dan Parkhurst has done play-by-play for NBC Sports Network on:
                Yale vs Cornell, Jan 25
                Dartmouth vs Union, Feb 1
                UND vs UNO, tonight

He'll also be doing Wisconsin at UNO on March 1

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                  So far, Dan Parkhurst has done play-by-play for NBC Sports Network on:
                  Yale vs Cornell, Jan 25
                  Dartmouth vs Union, Feb 1
                  UND vs UNO, tonight

He'll also be doing Wisconsin at UNO on March 1
                  Whoops! I totally meant to write Dan Parkhust. Anyway, I was just surprised to hear him on NBC Sports.

Comment

St. Cloud State - who UNH defeated twice at beginning of season - handed #1 Minnesota their 5th loss of season.

Comment

From Alan Lessels' column in the Union Leader:

Austin Block on NCAA rankings and tournament pairings:

"I don't personally look at that kind of stuff," he said. "We don't talk about that in the locker room. As far as I'm concerned we need to win every game and the rankings will take care of themselves. Obviously it's nice and we want to be as highly ranked as we can, but I don't think it really helps the mindset if you focus on stuff like that."

Comment

Not that this has anything to do with the current UNH season, but it's still good to see JVR (Toronto) and Bobby Butler (NJ) both earning #2 star of the game awards yesterday, with each scoring a goal and an assist.
                        We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                        ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                        --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Lets go back to renaming this game goalie. Gillies was hot in net, tough to beat. Way to stick it out and grind out a point against a team certainly on the rise. I just hope the NHL takes notice and he leaves for the pros sooner rather than later. I thought the Cats played well overall today, especially with the extra days off. Sundays at the Whitt are real difficult for some reason over the years, and one where the snow impact hit even harder. Big weeks ahead, and they are full of bus rides. Cats don't return to Lake Whitt until March, hopefully the standings are somewhat similar.
                          UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                            From Alan Lesseps' column in the Union Leader:

Austin Block on NCAA rankings and tournament pairings:

"I don't personally look at that kind of stuff," he said. "We don't talk about that in the locker room. As far as I'm concerned we need to win every game and the rankings will take care of themselves. Obviously it's nice and we want to be as highly ranked as we can, but I don't think it really helps the mindset if you focus on stuff like that."
                            They don't look at at the rankings or care about them? Doubtful, they were ranked #1 in early December and have slid downhill ever since. Pressure has never been UNH's friend.
                            Last edited by scoreboard; 02-10-2013, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UNH09 View Post
                              Lets go back to renaming this game goalie. Gillies was hot in net, tough to beat. Way to stick it out and grind out a point against a team certainly on the rise. I just hope the NHL takes notice and he leaves for the pros sooner rather than later. I thought the Cats played well overall today, especially with the extra days off. Sundays at the Whitt are real difficult for some reason over the years, and one where the snow impact hit even harder. Big weeks ahead, and they are full of bus rides. Cats don't return to Lake Whitt until March, hopefully the standings are somewhat similar.
                              Gillies should be at PC for 1 more year. I don't believe Gillies was all that hot, he was just allowed to see almost all the shots that came his way. Hardly was there a player down in front of the net. They were so willing to be there in the first half of the year, but not so much now. UNH needs to be concerned, and needs to get back to what they did well in the first half. The team defense has been mediocre at best for most of the second half. Last week Merrimack's Bates scored on the same blown coverage twice. If it wasn't for a few errant PC passes the story tonight would have been the same. It is all the little things that are adding up, and not in a positive for this team. The Willows-Camper-Thrush line, should have been sat on the bench for the 2nd and third. Unfortunately for Thrush he was stuck with 2 players who would have been better riding the pine all night. Particularly Willows who should not have been on the ice in the final 5 minutes. Maybe this is a bit of a harsh review, but as of right now if, I was an opponent I would be thinking this UNH squad is soft and doesn't want to get its hands dirty. Hopefully this all passes and this post can be deemed wrong at the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by [UNH]Rig View Post
                                Gillies should be at PC for 1 more year. I don't believe Gillies was all that hot, he was just allowed to see almost all the shots that came his way. Hardly was there a player down in front of the net. They were so willing to be there in the first half of the year, but not so much now. UNH needs to be concerned, and needs to get back to what they did well in the first half. The team defense has been mediocre at best for most of the second half. Last week Merrimack's Bates scored on the same blown coverage twice. If it wasn't for a few errant PC passes the story tonight would have been the same. It is all the little things that are adding up, and not in a positive for this team. The Willows-Camper-Thrush line, should have been sat on the bench for the 2nd and third. Unfortunately for Thrush he was stuck with 2 players who would have been better riding the pine all night. Particularly Willows who should not have been on the ice in the final 5 minutes. Maybe this is a bit of a harsh review, but as of right now if, I was an opponent I would be thinking this UNH squad is soft and doesn't want to get its hands dirty. Hopefully this all passes and this post can be deemed wrong at the end of the year.
                                First UNH game that I have seen in person since Dartmouth over the holidays, and I was not at all impressed by the Cats play on Sunday, especially compared to the games that I saw them play against UML and BU last semester. How UNH could not score a goal or two in first 2-3 minutes of the game from right in front of Gillies was beyond me. For the rest of the first period, despite UNH dominating puck possession they could only muster feeble shots that Gillies smothered easily, leading to face offs in the zone that UNH lost again and again. I think that PC outplayed UNH in the second and third periods, getting much better quality shots on net than did UNH. None of the UNH players seemed to have the fortitude to set up anywhere near the PC net. During the OT when UNH did get control of the puck, they could not have been more spread out in the four corners of the PC zone, so not surprising that they only notched one shot in the extra frame. The UNH PK that was so effective the first part of the season has apparently caught up with them (33% PK in this one), so 3 goals is not going to cut it the rest of the way, even against the likes of UVM, UMass, and Maine. Home ice for the Hockey East first round does not look like a sure thing at all unless their play improves.

Comment

Working...
                                X