X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    That win at DU is looking less impressive every week.....
    But the 2 wins vs. SCSU aren't hurting a bit.

Comment

Nothing wrong with the SCSU wins, it's just that UNH's marquee win was at #2 (at the time) DU. DU hasn't won since is tied for 15th in PWR now. A while back some UNH'ers were adamant that UNH's record/SOS was more impressive than BC's. As it stands now, we've both gone 2-1 vs BU, while BC has beat #3 PWR Dartmouth and #4 PWR ND and UNH has beat #14 PWR SCSU and #15 PWR DU. Looks to me like BC has had the more impressive wins...

Comment

Nothing wrong with the SCSU wins, it's just that UNH's marquee win was at #2 (at the time) DU. DU hasn't won since is tied for 15th in PWR now. A while back some UNH'ers were adamant that UNH's record/SOS was more impressive than BC's. As it stands now, we've both gone 2-1 vs BU, while BC has beat #3 PWR Dartmouth and #4 PWR ND and UNH has beat #14 PWR SCSU and #15 PWR DU. Looks to me like BC has had the more impressive wins...
        Agreed DU is on a serious slide (did UNH's come back start that slide?). UNH is at Dartmouth next and that is another high end game.

If you look at the metrics UNH is the #3 schedule BC is #2 - so BC schedule is a touch harder today.

Doesn't mater how you cut it, sitting here today BC and UNH still have there hardest games left - against each other.
        "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

While I can understand the point you're trying to make, you can't retroactively rip arguments. You said yourself Denver was number 2 at the time, and the arguments those UNH fans were making was that it was indeed a big win at the time. Just because DU has struggled since then does not invalidate the argument they made at that time. The Denver win was also on the road unlike the Dartmouth and ND wins for BC. UNH is also playing at Dartmouth in 2 weeks, if they win that then everyone could come back and invalidate your current argument because a road win over Dartmouth is more impressive than a home win.

If you want to say BC has had a tougher schedule feel free and I'm sure you could make an argument for it, but the fact remains the two teams are close in SOS, they are both very good teams, and until they actually play their three games against each other nothing will truly be known.

Comment

Originally posted by Dropkicknh View Post
            While I can understand the point you're trying to make, you can't retroactively rip arguments. You said yourself Denver was number 2 at the time, and the arguments those UNH fans were making was that it was indeed a big win at the time. Just because DU has struggled since then does not invalidate the argument they made at that time. The Denver win was also on the road unlike the Dartmouth and ND wins for BC. UNH is also playing at Dartmouth in 2 weeks, if they win that then everyone could come back and invalidate your current argument because a road win over Dartmouth is more impressive than a home win.

If you want to say BC has had a tougher schedule feel free and I'm sure you could make an argument for it, but the fact remains the two teams are close in SOS, they are both very good teams, and until they actually play their three games against each other nothing will truly be known.
            You know the collar-ups are getting nervous when they jump on the BU or Mildcats threads and puff out their chests.
            Buffoon Detector

Comment

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
              That win at DU is looking less impressive every week.....
              Set aside the quality of the competition. HavIng been there live and having experienced the lowest of lows and highest of highs in 60 minutes, and watching how fired up the 'Cats were coming down the tunnel at the end of the game, I can assure you it was, at the very least, an impressive night. A display of some serious intestinal fortitude to come back from 3 goals down after 10 minutes, after a silly tie the night before, and at elevation. I would venture a guess that it is a top highlight this year for the team, irrespective of level of comp.
              Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                Agreed DU is on a serious slide (did UNH's come back start that slide?).
                I believe that the DU slide began with their loss against Vlae, the night before their collapse against UNH.

Comment

And yet *some* BC fans think that it's crazy to use pairwise rankings as a way of "rating" teams this early in the season . "Impressive" wins, "quality" wins", "awesome" wins.....hey, given the relative parity in college hockey these days, a win is a win. How about we save the UNH/BC comparisons until Jan. 11/12?
                  UNH

Comment

Well, lah-dee-dah. (Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system. I usually try to avoid the dinky sarcasm, but I couldn't help myself.) Seriously, your comments strike me as coming from a sense of deep insecurity about your team relative to UNH. Hey, the Eagles are the defending national champs, and the best team to date in this century, if national championships are the measure. You have -- by sheer record alone -- the best coach -- evah! in college hockey (and I mean no disrespect here -- I have nothing but respect and admiration for Mr. York.) What are you worried about? If BC is the better team (at least in the regular season) by having the "more impressive wins", it will prove it in 3 games, in January & February.
                    We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                    ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                    --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

JvR's movie debut:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLv_I...=youtu.be&hd=1
                      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

ouch ......

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
                          ouch ......
                          LOL...at leat he's not the one who took his teeth out.
                          UNH

Comment

Pretty funny, good for JVR!

So, there has been some discussion on the BC thread about the expanded non conference schedule (looks like 20 league games, leaving 14 non-con). Any idea what we're looking at next year for non-con? BC has a loaded non-con with Michigan and Minnesota coming in for 2 each and 2 at NoDak and Denver each.

I heard a rumor that UNH was playing in the ice breaker at Minnesota next year. Is that still exempt leaving a total of 16 non-con games? Could be interesting.....

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays Wildcat fans!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                              . How about we save the UNH/BC comparisons until Jan. 11/12?
                              good idea and i'll be at both. i can hardly wait for that weekend

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                                Pretty funny, good for JVR!

So, there has been some discussion on the BC thread about the expanded non conference schedule (looks like 20 league games, leaving 14 non-con). Any idea what we're looking at next year for non-con? BC has a loaded non-con with Michigan and Minnesota coming in for 2 each and 2 at NoDak and Denver each.

I heard a rumor that UNH was playing in the ice breaker at Minnesota next year. Is that still exempt leaving a total of 16 non-con games? Could be interesting.....

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays Wildcat fans!
                                Well I know with the expanded schedule Michigan is coming in for 2 in the next couple years, and there games with Minnesota and Miami in there also. I think I heard Michigan State too.

I think you will see Hockey East and Big 10 link up some. If you look at the new NCHC 7 teams with likely 28 league games for a balanced schedule (2 home - 2 road) there going to be tight on non conference. Half the ECAC (Ivy's) are limited on games. The new WCHA is going to be 13 teams so who know yet on there conference schedule but I figure it at 26-28.

That will leave: (excluding ice breaker or Alaska trip exemptions)
                                Hockey East with 20 and then 22 league games (the next year), 14 then 12 non-conference.
                                ECAC non-Ivy with 22 league games, 12 non-conference.
                                Big 10 at 6 teams will presumably be 20 league games, 14 non-conference.
                                ECAC Ivy with 22 league games, 6 non-conference.
                                NCHC with 28 league games, 6 non-conference.
                                WCHA with 26-28 league games, 6-8 non-conference

As I look at those number 12 Hockey East, 6 Non-Ivy ECAC, and 6 Big 10 have holes in non-confrence. My guess is in the short term we will be seeing each other just a bit...
                                "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Working...
                                X