X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

Originally posted by LimeyCat View Post
    For many years I have pondered if you are an amusing self-abuser or merely a cretin who plays with himself too much. I have now decided that you are the latter.
    Good to know.

Comment

Read between the lines (accent) ..... Jacques is more knowledgeable about the UNH inside story than most people want to admit .... at least publicly.

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
        Read between the lines (accent) ..... Jacques is more knowledgeable about the UNH inside story than most people want to admit .... at least publicly.
        Yes and he is a long time UNH poster who knows hockey
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by massCat View Post
          he's probably none too impressed with that OT loss @ UMass.
          I think he'd be impressed that Umile has been wearing a shirt & tie, and not a turtleneck. In fact, that's the reason this team is doing so well. Umile looks like a professional, so this team plays like professionals.
          A Decade of Dominance

2001 2003 2004 2007 2008 2011

Comment

Video on the trip out to Colorado:

Comment

UNH has been a bit sloppy with puck the last couple games and doesn't look as focused in the D-zone. Hopefully BU comming to town tonight will help them refocus and end the 1st half on a high note.
              "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                Nick Papagiorgio and Jacques "Rabbit" Poriveau forgot to take their meds today.
                fixed you post
                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Yes and he is a long time UNH poster who knows hockey
                  Bobo might be a long time UNH poster but he is NOT a UNH fan by any stretch. In fact I think he is a Maine fan if any are left after this year's start. Sorry
                  UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Page 3? Really?
                    I know UNH plummeted all the way to #2 nationally. But things aren't SO bad...

Bobby Butler had 4 goals for Albany...

Why is the Dartmouth tourney sun/Mon?

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                      Why is the Dartmouth tourney sun/Mon?
                      Yikes, thanks for the heads up! I just looked carefully at my tickets bought a month ago, and you and the USCHO schedule are correct. I had planned to attend the Bentley game at Tsongas on Sunday afternoon, but now that is out. The Bentley game had been rescheduled from near the beginning of the season, which was never explained either (we suspect that UML wanted more time to prep for Bentley).

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        Yikes, thanks for the heads up! I just looked carefully at my tickets bought a month ago, and you and the USCHO schedule are correct. I had planned to attend the Bentley game at Tsongas on Sunday afternoon, but now that is out. The Bentley game had been rescheduled from near the beginning of the season, which was never explained either (we suspect that UML wanted more time to prep for Bentley).
                        I think the UNH schedule when it was first released had it as Fri/Sat, it was a surprise to me as well, and I think stupid scheduling to be honest.... Looking foward to the DC/UNH game though.

Comment

"Support JvR and Hurricane Sandy Relief"
                          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Just some thoughts on the team a week into the break and getting ready for the second half of the year.

The team has overachieved up to this point, but there is no reason to think they'll regress anytime soon. They have been focusing on defense, and creating the offense off of that. One of the early season critiques was a lack of a go-to scorer, they don't have a single dominant force, but Block, Downing, and Goumas have all stepped up and had big moments. Goumas looks like he could be poised for a big second half.

I felt it last year, and maybe I'm the last one holding out hope, but if Henrion's shot was 1% more accurate he'd be a beast offensively. He has an ability to get open and unleash a nasty shot, unfortunately he rings a lot of posts.

I'm hoping to see more of Sorkin, Speelman, and Silengo in the second half as I feel they've all underperformed thus far.

The team defense has been very strong this year, and there have not been a lot of goals scored against them when they are playing well. The majority of the goals I've seen have been because of breakdowns, there haven't been a lot of teams to just line-up and beat them. TVR has played great offensively, and Pesce makes at least one move a game that makes me say whoa.

Desmith has been a solid goaltender this season. Some rough patches that could be expected by a Sophomore in his first full season but excellent stretches as well. If the defense is playing well and he makes the saves he's supposed to then they can beat anyone.

I love that the team is back strong after an off year last year, I feel the only problem that needs to be fixed is finding a way to get everyone to stay till the end of the game instead of leaving with 6 minutes left to beat traffic.

Feel free to agree or disagree, just putting out some of the thoughts I've had up till this point.

Comment

That win at DU is looking less impressive every week.....

Comment

insightful as always

Comment

Working...
                                X