This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

Very disappointing finish for the 'Cats to give up a 4 goal lead, but at least we came away with a tie. Hopefully, this will be a lesson to this year's team that no lead is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
      Very disappointing finish for the 'Cats to give up a 4 goal lead, but at least we came away with a tie. Hopefully, this will be a lesson to this year's team that no lead is safe.
      at least you came away with a tie? If i were a UNH fan ( i kinda am, btw) i would not have been able to sleep last night and wouldn't be looking at it that we got a point out of it..........49-29 in shots too for UNH. Now, if you can come away with a win tonight, the sting will be almost wiped away, IMO. Good luck against DU, big game for you as well as HE contenders

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        at least you came away with a tie? If i were a UNH fan ( i kinda am, btw) i would not have been able to sleep last night and wouldn't be looking at it that we got a point out of it..........49-29 in shots too for UNH. Now, if you can come away with a win tonight, the sting will be almost wiped away, IMO. Good luck against DU, big game for you as well as HE contenders
        Yes, it was INCREDIBLY frustrating to only come out with a tie, but it could have been worse. I'm just trying to find optimism wherever I can...so I could get some sleep last night

Hopefully, UNH will be able to play well for the entire game and secure a win against DU!
        Last edited by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan; 11-24-2012, 09:36 AM.

Comment

UNH played a great game and coming from a CC fan who was at the game, your team deserved a better fate in many ways. Joe Howe was spectacular in goal, and stopped a ton of Grade A chances, including a breakaway in OT. He played like the Joe Howe that BC fans may recall from the tournament 2 season ago.

In my opinion, a quiet thing that started to turn the game around happened shortly after Howe came in. A UNH player shot the puck at Howe after the whistle, and McDermott for CC went after him a bit. That was a small thing that I think CC took to be a bit bush-league, and they took exception. I don't know why the spark was missing to begin with, but that certainly gave it to CC. They scored their first goal on the resulting 4 on 4, and Joe Howe just kept getting hotter and more confident with each save he made after that. Getting the second goal before period 2 ended was huge.
          Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
          -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
            UNH played a great game and coming from a CC fan who was at the game, your team deserved a better fate in many ways. Joe Howe was spectacular in goal, and stopped a ton of Grade A chances, including a breakaway in OT. He played like the Joe Howe that BC fans may recall from the tournament 2 season ago.

In my opinion, a quiet thing that started to turn the game around happened shortly after Howe came in. A UNH player shot the puck at Howe after the whistle, and McDermott for CC went after him a bit. That was a small thing that I think CC took to be a bit bush-league, and they took exception. I don't know why the spark was missing to begin with, but that certainly gave it to CC. They scored their first goal on the resulting 4 on 4, and Joe Howe just kept getting hotter and more confident with each save he made after that. Getting the second goal before period 2 ended was huge.
            That's pretty much how the game looked while watching online. Howe came in and made big save after big save. Seemed to have the same effect on CC that DeSmith's big saves have had on UNH in recent games. Bolsters the whole teams confidence. Also, the final CC goal was a little flukey - puck went past the net to the right of DeSmith, bounced off the backboards, and came out on the left side of the net. Probably evened out the TvR goal which was a little flukey as well.

A tie game to a top 15 team in their rink (in the stratosphere) is a pretty decent outcome. Would be satisfied with a similar outcome against Denver.
            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

It's amazing to hear the UNH fans on the radio feed at the end of this game. While there will be more time to analyze the game, amazing heart by the team to come back in this game. Amazing play by Downing and Goumas, and a thanks to Wyer for coming in the game at a tough time and playing well enough to give the team a chance. The team as a whole took a big step tonight.

Comment

UNH outscores Du 6-1 in last two periods .....

Comment

Beast of a win tonight, skating 5 on 7 most of the game. Goumas and Downing each with Hatties after being down 3-0 10 minutes into the game. Wyer came in and shut the door, save for a fluky goal in the 2nd period. This definitely erases the sting from last night and going 3-0-1 on the road the last two weekends is not bad at all. Great win, cats!

Comment

Tip o' the cap from Chestnut Hill. Nicely done.
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                      Beast of a win tonight, skating 5 on 7 most of the game. Goumas and Downing each with Hatties after being down 3-0 10 minutes into the game. Wyer came in and shut the door, save for a fluky goal in the 2nd period. This definitely erases the sting from last night and going 3-0-1 on the road the last two weekends is not bad at all. Great win, cats!
                      2 NATURAL hat tricks! When's the last time anyone saw that!
                      The Chicago Blackhawks - your 2009-2010 Stanley Cup Champions!!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        Tip o' the cap from Chestnut Hill. Nicely done.
                        no LOL tonight?
                        All I can say is WOOHOO!

Comment

Originally posted by UNHSince1969 View Post
                          2 NATURAL hat tricks! When's the last time anyone saw that!
                          not a natty for Downing, DU got their 4th goal after Downing's 2nd goal, but when's the last time UNH had two separate hat tricks?

Comment

too many refs on the ice in this one. great win cats!
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Awesome come from behind win! Talk about a tale of two nights! Also, very cool to hear such a strong UNH presence at Magness Arena!

Comment

Hot d&#n!

Comment

Working...
                                X