This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

Wildcats up to #5 in this weeks USCHO polls. The next 2 weekends will be a huge test, I'd be happy with 5 of the 8 points.

Comment

Want a legitimately scary experience? Try being a Maine fan in the age of TIMMAY. Interested in trading players, goalies, coaches, arenas?...you name it. UHN barely made the playoffs last year now they're #5. Enjoy the ride.
      Buffoon Detector

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        Another solid win, and another shutout for DeSmith - his 3rd in the last 4 games. 6-1-1 eight games in, 4-1-1 in the conference, Austin Block scoring for fun (honestly, who saw that coming??).
        Good post, Chuck. I remember in the off-season thread someone had Austin Block slated as a top 6 forward and someone else wrote no way, that Block could not finish, could not put pucks in the net. Hmmmm, nice start for Block. By December 6th, we will be done with UML and BU, so I agree that the next 3+ weeks will be a huge part of our season.

Comment

I had Blocker in the top 6. Hope he keeps it up. The whole team needs to keep the foot on the gas. As everyone has stated this is going to be an extremely testing 3-4 weeks. I thought Thrush was outstanding on Saturday. Put him up with Sorks and Silengo and you have a great third line. Everyone looked fast and confident on Saturday, it was nice. Goumas is so talented with the puck - I like that line, and hopefully Downing/Block will be able to pot many of his set ups.

Comment

2 tix available for Sunday unh-bu game In section 114. I can email them to you. Email if interested. Leg7@att.blackberry.net
            Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
              2 tix available for Sunday unh-bu game In section 114. I can email them to you. Email if interested. Leg7@att.blackberry.net
              Thanks for the offer, but not free on Sunday.

However, hoping to visit Tsongas for UNH-UML game on Friday night; I wonder what my chances are for getting tickets at the gate this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Redhead View Post
                Want a legitimately scary experience? Try being a Maine fan in the age of TIMMAY. Interested in trading players, goalies, coaches, arenas?...you name it. UHN barely made the playoffs last year now they're #5. Enjoy the ride.
                Why in god's name would anyone but Merrimack or Providence want to trade for the Alfond? Absolute dump.
                "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  Thanks for the offer, but not free on Sunday.

However, hoping to visit Tsongas for UNH-UML game on Friday night; I wonder what my chances are for getting tickets at the gate this year?
                  Milan Lucic will be there signing autographs so I imagine it will be a decent crowd.

On the subject of UNH-UML tickets, Seacoast Deals & Viva Manch Vegas are running a deal with 4 tickets for $30 (4 tickets for the price of 2)

http://vivamanchvegasdeals.com/products.cfm?cid=148 (87 left)
                  http://www.seacoastdeals.com/busines...14087&pid=1622 (54 left)
                  Last edited by ClOuD 9; 11-15-2012, 12:38 AM.
                  "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                  Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                  NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                  EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                  AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                  1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

I am curious as to why Vermont has a free web video for their games and New Hampshire hasn't gotten around to that yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by sonar View Post
                      I am curious as to why Vermont has a free web video for their games and New Hampshire hasn't gotten around to that yet?
                      Because UNH fans are willing to pay for watching online.

Comment

Well, we won. I'd say it was one of the weaker efforts this year. Not a lot of successful offensive plays, mostly shots from the parameters. We're going to need to step it up X3 to compete with a hot BU team. I think we'll have to play our best game of the year on Sunday. BU is playing well - a very different team when compared to our earlier match-up.

EDIT: How am I still in the red? I got absolutely rocked by NU fans when I predicted a team (not UNH) would beat NU in the 2010 1/4 finals... good God.
                        Last edited by Saetia22; 11-16-2012, 09:54 PM.

Comment

"Casey DeSmith's Historic Shutout: UNH Downs Lowell 3-0"
                          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Saetia22 View Post
                            Well, we won. I'd say it was one of the weaker efforts this year. Not a lot of successful offensive plays, mostly shots from the parameters. We're going to need to step it up X3 to compete with a hot BU team. I think we'll have to play our best game of the year on Sunday. BU is playing well - a very different team when compared to our earlier match-up.

EDIT: How am I still in the red? I got absolutely rocked by NU fans when I predicted a team (not UNH) would beat NU in the 2010 1/4 finals... good God.
                            I actually thought that the UNH offense played fine tonight, but the UML defense clogged the middle really well and did a good job clearing loose pucks. Burke's injury late in the first meant line shake ups for the remainder of the game. DeSmith's play of late has been sensational.

Comment

While it wasn't an outstanding game offensively, UNH continues to impress me in the defensive zone, especially with the poise they are playing with. Even with decent stretches of possession in the 2nd and 3rd, the UNH d'men never panicked, they relied on their positioning and covered for each other nicely. DeSmith is ridiculously solid and reacts so quickly. I know they haven't exactly played good offensive teams during this stretch, and Sunday will be a much bigger test, but To win anything when it matters, you need to have a solid back end and they have that. Once again they were opportunistic offensively. They didn't make a lot of pretty plays, but they were a few bounces away from being up 6-0. I haven't seen a lot of games in person, but I was satisfied with they way they won in an arena that in recent history has been a house of horrors for them, I believe?

Comment

WAAAAY off topic, but...

If any of you guys are in greater Washington, DC, the UNH Alumni Association is having a gamewatch at noon tomorrow for the UNH-Towson football game. They have the whole lower floor of P.J. Clarke's... food specials, UNH related trinkets to keep... the works. Should be fun. Please pass this along to UNH folks you know in the area.

http://pjclarkes.com/dc/

Advanced apology for crossposting, but I'm going to put this in tonight's game-thread, as well.
                                BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS
                                CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SPARTANS

UNH - 1985 NCAA Women's Lacrosse Champions!

2003-2004 D-III Tournament of Posters Champion
                                2010 NFL Survival Pool Champion
                                2014 NFL Survival Pool Co-Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X