X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snively65
    replied
    Originally posted by chickod View Post
    OK...ManchVegas, Manchghanistan. Now I'm not from New Hampshire but I have been there plenty of times. What am I missing here? I mean, it's not the South Side of Chicago...
    Just names used by some friends who live there; they love the city.

Good to hear from you, Snively.

Leave a comment:

• UNH09
    replied
    Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
    just got my "driver work ticket", UNH heads to Rhode Island Thursday night. awesome (sarcasm)
    I'm happy that Premier understands the HEA playoff system better than the UNH coach. Time to fire Umile.

Leave a comment:

• catsfan
    replied

Oh well, so much for that.

I hope the Patriots sign Welker.

Leave a comment:

• snively
    replied

Hey Chuck It's literally been years!!! Hope you're well and good.

I've occasionally been on the Score Updates pages, but never on the main Thread this year (or most others). Everything's fine down here in 08559.

Fingers crossed for the playoffs (seen this movie before). But weird things happen -- great goaltending, lucky bounces -- and hopefully a few will break our way.

Best,
    Richard

PS: was up in NH two weeks ago for the first time in years, and actually passed through Newfields taking the back way from Newmarket to Portsmouth (went to see an old buddy in Newmarket). Thought of you as I did -- seriously.
    Last edited by snively; 03-09-2013, 11:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    I thought that this team played about as well as I might have expected this season, and certainly overachieved the first two months. I suspect that there will be only three more games, but that is one more post-season game than last year. And, there is always a chance that the Cats could steal one in Manchghanistan, as they are overdue for some puck luck there.
    OK...ManchVegas, Manchghanistan. Now I'm not from New Hampshire but I have been there plenty of times. What am I missing here? I mean, it's not the South Side of Chicago...

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

I thought that this team played about as well as I might have expected this season, and certainly overachieved the first two months. I suspect that there will be only three more games, but that is one more post-season game than last year. And, there is always a chance that the Cats could steal one in Manchghanistan, as they are overdue for some puck luck there.

Leave a comment:

• goblue
    replied

Originally posted by Scott View Post
    PC takes two out of three and advances to Boston.
    UNH bows out of the NCAA's in the first game in ManchVegas .
    A once-promising-but-then-turned-mediocre season ends.

Sorry folks....too many years of seeing this same recording play itself over and over.

UNH Hockey: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
    It was promising in 2012. 2013 has been largely abysmal. But for some early wins (and some fortuitous breaks,) UNH would have dropped in the PW as fast as their record sunk as the season progressed.

UNH = Hockey East's 2013 Potemkin Village. (Sure, I'm pretty bitter right now.)

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied

Originally posted by UNHSince1969 View Post
    Not a tough break. They earned it. they finished with six games against bottom dwellers, four of which were at home, and could only muster seven of twelve points. I'm pretty sure they only have 3-4 games left in this season and that's because they look to be in at Manchester regardless of the next two games. Man am I aggravated. I better go have a beer or something.
    PC takes two out of three and advances to Boston.
    UNH bows out of the NCAA's in the first game in ManchVegas .
    A once-promising-but-then-turned-mediocre season ends.

Sorry folks....too many years of seeing this same recording play itself over and over.

UNH Hockey: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Leave a comment:

• goblue
    replied
    Originally posted by UNHSince1969 View Post
    Not a tough break. They earned it. they finished with six games against bottom dwellers, four of which were at home, and could only muster seven of twelve points. I'm pretty sure they only have 3-4 games left in this season and that's because they look to be in at Manchester regardless of the next two games. Man am I aggravated. I better go have a beer or something.
    BINGO!!! My worst fears of a month ago are realized -- we play PC in the 1/4s. Doesn't matter if it's home or away. We had the scheduling opportunity of the conference to run away with 1st place, and blew it. We deserve this position. (May be wishful thinking, but it's probably a good thing that UNH will have to earn anything beyond a 2 and out HE series and a single game in Manchester. Maybe that will inspire them.)

Leave a comment:

• Blearyman
    replied

UNH deserves where they ended up in the HE tournament. They had their chances to cinch, but once again failed to capitalize. Every year it's the same Greek tragedy. The team gets our hopes up and then fades during the closing of the post season. An auto bid into the NCAA's and then a quick exit in the 1st. round. I still am devoted and support the team, but this same inconsistency year after year has got to end. Good luck in Providence, hopefully it least one game is televised, so I can watch and feel my blood pressure rise.
    Last edited by Blearyman; 03-09-2013, 09:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

Didn't mean to put the whammy on you before the UMass series when I said you guys had the inside track to 1st place...craziest year I can remember.

Leave a comment:

• UNHSince1969
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Darius
    replied

The PairWise is moving a lot, we are in a 2 way tie for 5th with UML right now. SCSU is losing to WI 2 1 with 9 minutes remaining in the 3rd. We'll drop if that result holds(?).

Leave a comment:

• New Hampshire 'Cats Fan
    replied

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Except that there is a clear winner of that first tiebreaker. It goes by best winning percentage of the games between those three teams. That goes to BU. Then, PC. And at that point, even if it went to just a normal two team tiebreak, PC owns that over UNH.
    Originally posted by Darius View Post
    "If more than two teams finish in a tie, the same criteria will be applied to reduce the number of teams tied, and then the process will commence again."
    I overlooked Darius's point that ultimately sides with J.D.'s argument

1. Head-to-head results between the tied teams

UNH wins season series against BU
    BU wins season series against PC
    PC wins season series against UNH

There is no clear winner for this tiebreaker between the 3 teams

2. Number of wins in conference play

BU 15 wins (BU earns the #3 seed)
    UNH 13 wins
    PC 13 wins

If more than two teams finish in a tie, the same criteria will be applied to reduce the number of teams tied, and then the process will commence again.

1. Head-to-head results between the tied teams

PC wins season series against UNH

PC earns the #4 seed
    UNH earns the #5 seed

Leave a comment:

• scoreboard
    replied
    Originally posted by Felger View Post
    Preposterous.

UNH may not be playing as well as earlier in the season, but they have games in hand on both BC and BU, and have a layup drill the last three weeks of the season.
    The above post from you on 1/26 was in response to my saying UNH would struggle to maintain home ice for the playoffs. I hope you are not a gambling man.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X