• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNH09
    replied
    Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
    Yes to '08 and 3 (it was 4-1), but pretty sure it was the Semi (BC beat Vermont? the following night)
    It was the semis, and Craig Switzer still has lost the edge to his left skate behind the net to allow the pass to the slot for the game winning goal. (I wasn't sitting right behind the net or anything)

Leave a comment:

• Umileated
    replied

Originally posted by sonar View Post
    Building the Whit with the large ice sheet was the singular worse decision ever made in regards to the history of UNH ice hockey. St. Cloud and Colorado College are similarly afflicted.
    But what about BC and Notre Dame?

I mentioned in another post somewhere talking about DeSmith's talent that hybridizing the rink is more detrimental; i.e., putting 28' radius NHL corners in the Olympic width sheet. A proper Olympic sheet kills a puck that's flying free into the corner. An NHL rink will fling it around to the opposite point. Our rink seems to send it in to someone arriving behind the net. I say this is detrimental, because it clearly gives DeSmith the fits in the defensive end, and it coddles the dump and chase habit in our offensive end.
    Last edited by Umileated; 03-11-2013, 05:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• unh1982
    replied

He played for Charlie.
    what year ? brother played lax and one semester of hockey .

Leave a comment:

• Aerman
    replied

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
    what year did you play for him . ... .
    He played for Charlie.

Leave a comment:

• sonar
    replied

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
    FYI guys, Umile takes a lot of grief here, yes you're entitled to your opinion, but make no mistake that UNH is very, very lucky to have him. Yes, he's a good friend of mine but he's never had a player walk off the team because of the way he was treated; and like Coach Holt, and shown from what Darius posted, very respected by his peers. Umi is quite the guy, great family man, and yes awesome coach! We are very lucky at UNH to have such high caliber coaches...
    Objectivity is a function of sociological distance .... thanks for "allowing" other opinions .........

Leave a comment:

• unh1982
    replied

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
    FYI guys, Umile takes a lot of grief here, yes you're entitled to your opinion, but make no mistake that UNH is very, very lucky to have him. Yes, he's a good friend of mine but he's never had a player walk off the team because of the way he was treated; and like Coach Holt, and shown from what Darius posted, very respected by his peers. Umi is quite the guy, great family man, and yes awesome coach! We are very lucky at UNH to have such high caliber coaches...
    what year did you play for him . ... Im sure he is a great guy , my issue is motivation , some coaches are great at getting 110% from there players others fall short. He doesnt strike me as the type that lights fires under there feet .

Leave a comment:

• zoofer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied

Yes to '08 and 3 (it was 4-1), but pretty sure it was the Semi (BC beat Vermont? the following night)
    Thanks, I knew I was fuzzy on details and didn't want to look them up. Regardless the point is the same...

Leave a comment:

• Darius
    replied

Originally posted by goblue View Post
    That's interesting. (Not being sarcastic here, either.)
    I thought so too. I know they go way back so it may be nothing more than that, but...

Leave a comment:

• sonar
    replied

Originally posted by JB View Post
    Somehow UNH needs to learn to use the regular season to find ways to practice situations in game for use later in the year. This year PC, MC, VT, and Maine all played similar styles against UNH and effectively. I would have no problem throwing away a game or a few to develop an in game system to play against that style team. Heck loose in the quarters to figure it out, just figure it out.
    Paraphrasing Jacques .... "Dat requires de coaching" ....

Leave a comment:

• goblue
    replied

Originally posted by Darius View Post
    Also, the only coach that Parker phoned before today? Dick Umile.
    That's interesting. (Not being sarcastic here, either.)

Leave a comment:

• Darius
    replied

Also, the only coach that Parker phoned before today? Dick Umile.

Leave a comment:

• sonar
    replied

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
    Has anyone given thought , that playing on a large sheet of ice for the whole season can develope bad habits.
    Building the Whit with the large ice sheet was the singular worse decision ever made in regards to the history of UNH ice hockey. St. Cloud and Colorado College are similarly afflicted.

Leave a comment:

• Darius
    replied

Quote from Jack Parker at his retirement press conference: "School has to want you to win and be behind you." No excuses for this year's UNH fade, but it does provide perspective.

Leave a comment:

• Aerman
    replied

Originally posted by JB View Post
    In the 2008? Championship game against BC when UNH was up 3 or 4

Leave a comment:

Working...
X