This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

Does anyone else feel another 3 point weekend coming on for UNH? Wish I was convinced a clean sweep was gonna happen - it really should, but I'm not quite sold yet. Strangely enough, if UML and Providence split AND BC doesn't sweep, that *could* be enough ... and with UNH's recent good fortune with the other results out there, it's all perfectly feasible, and I wouldn't bet against it. But I want to see two more like Saturday's game to set the tone for the postseason, clinch at least a #2 seed for the quarters, and go into the most important games of the season with some real momentum. GO CATS!!!
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      Does anyone else feel another 3 point weekend coming on for UNH?
      Yes and that 2 points are more likely than 4.

But I want to see two more like Saturday's game... GO CATS!!!
      Amen.
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

It's not often that UNH sweeps the season series vs the Blackbears, and in addition to fighting to lock up a playoff spot I'm sure they'll be keen to play spoiler against their biggest rival. Definitely not writing them off this weekend.
        Last edited by ClOuD 9; 03-04-2013, 10:58 PM.
        "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
        Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
        NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
        EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
        AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
        1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          For the record, UNH was relevant long before Maine even had a D-1 team.
          Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          For the record, New Hampshire was relevant long before Maine even had statehood.
          ^ Fixed
          Last edited by ClOuD 9; 03-05-2013, 02:25 AM.
          "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
          Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
          NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
          EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
          AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
          1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
            ^ Fixed
            Lol. Good point Cloud9

Maniacs are upstarts with something to prove
            GO BLUE/GO UNH

COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

Comment

• Regarding the whole taking 3 points from Maine this weekend: if we win Friday, we follow it up with a W Saturday and complete the sweep. Friday is the key.
              GO BLUE/GO UNH

COLLEGE HOCKEY RULES

Comment

Didn't see that game, but I was at about that age when some creative pre-cable fiddling with the old VHF "rabbit ears" was able to bring in a very fuzzy Channel 11 for my first exposure to UNH Wildcats hockey. Definitely during the Cap Raeder era, and while I've heard and read great tales, and seen the C-H-C video more than a few times, I don't have a first-person recall of that game, so I'll bow to my seniors on that one..
                I still remember the walk home from Snively after that game .... a very long short walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                  In 2007-2008 UNH was as good as anyone in the country and demonstrated it on multiple occasions. This was the only team since the start of HE that swept BU, BC and ME in the same year. And, they had BC, the eventual champion of HE and NCAA down and out at 4-0 halfway through the HE semi ... just a total collapse for the next 30 minutes (before gamely holding on into triple overtime)
                  it was actually 4-1 a little more than halfway through the second..............they really didnt hold on in the OT's if you recall, in fact they lost twice in the OT

Comment

Back in the day, our SID was Allen Chamberlain and Allen had the habit of forecasting the variables that were possible coming down the stretch...I hated it because in reality, all we had to do was win out and we were fine but he loves his permutations! So for this weekend, if everyone splits then UNH plays UVM right? Isn't that an okay scenario compared to playing Maine, Providi, Merrimack? In other words 2 points may be the way to go, other than psychologically going into the playoffs on a roll......

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      it was actually 4-1 a little more than halfway through the second..............they really didnt hold on in the OT's if you recall, in fact they lost twice in the OT
                      If the goalie loses his mask as what would otherwise have been the game-winning goal is scored, is that "puck luck?"
                      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                        If the goalie loses his mask as what would otherwise have been the game-winning goal is scored, is that "puck luck?"
                        No but two of there goals were redirected in front of the net on weird bounces, waist high, and weren't tip ins

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                          i guess you'd have to call it that.................are you guys playing this weekend? pretty quiet in here for such a big weekend

Comment

i guess you'd have to call it that.................are you guys playing this weekend? pretty quiet in here for such a big weekend
                            Chatter is in the game(s) thread.
                            Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

quiet might be a good thing , perhaps in the past we have been burned one too many times , kind of like the old redsox .... so we are trying a different approach .... no expectations .... Think Whitehead said it best since xmas Maine has 8 wins UNH has 7 wins ..... very scary indeed .

Comment

• Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                                quiet might be a good thing , perhaps in the past we have been burned one too many times , kind of like the old redsox .... so we are trying a different approach .... no expectations .... Think Whitehead said it best since xmas Maine has 8 wins UNH has 7 wins ..... very scary indeed .
                                Yeah but i wanted to bump your thread. If we get home ice i want Maine

Comment

Working...
                                X