X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

Originally posted by Felger View Post
    Wait 'till the first round of the playoffs...likely won't see anywhere near that many people.
    I believe the students will be on campus for quarterfinals this year so that will bump up the numbers, I think next week may be some crap attendances as the kids are on break (believe dorms lock up before the game starts on Friday) and the puck drops at 4:00 on Saturday.

Originally posted by Felger View Post
    Seriously, that is why I'm hoping to host either Maine or BU...to at least make the quarters somewhat interesting...I've been a fan for decades but I'm not sure I want to pony up upwards of fifty bucks to see a snoozefest with UVM or UMass....
    I see both Maine and BU as likely to send their pep band for quarters and would rather not have them firing their fans up (of which they do a very good job, generally).

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    There are only two post season games I have seen in person that I would characterize as chokes. I've seen some ugly losses but only two chokes; 1. The 4-0(I think) loss to Michigan(Michigan went on to win it all that year) in the Boston regional in the late nineties and the 7-2 loss to Maine in the NCAA semis in Minneapolis in the ealrly 2000's.
    RIT, HE semis vs UMass in 2004 (2-1 UNH through 2 periods, gave up 4 goals in last 13 minutes of the third), BU in the Hockey East quarters last year... (4-1 lead with 4 minutes left in the 2nd). Umile does well to put them in position but often he or the team (you decide) lack that big game mentality when it matters.
    Last edited by ClOuD 9; 03-02-2013, 10:08 PM.
    "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
    Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
    NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
    EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
    AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
    1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      Been that kind of season so far, eh? Nothing would surprise me, but UML looks awful tough right now.
      They do. I went to the game last night at UML -- very strong team (physically as well as skillwise), as evidenced by their impressive run. Not that 'Mack played badly -- it was 0-0 for at least 1/2 of the game, which was really a 2-0 win for UML with a couple ENGs when the Warriors were down 2-0 and then 3-0. (I'm also glad we own the season series with UML -- proof that every game counts, even those in November. )

Tomorrow's game should be entertaining: UML playing for 1st place (tie or win,) and MC playing to edge back closer to Home Ice position in the 1/4s. (Man, how HE has changed, and for the better: given that the 1-6 place standings are still capable ((indeed, it's more than likely) of being completely rejiggered a couple times between now and next Saturday night, it's hard to conceive of a more interesting and exciting way to end the season, no matter what team one roots for in HE (and even NU can play the spoiler next week.)
      Last edited by goblue; 03-02-2013, 09:59 PM.
      We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
      ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
      --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
        The students will be on campus for quarterfinals this year so it will bump up the numbers, I think next week may be some crap attendances as the kids are on break (believe dorms lock up before the game starts on Friday) and the puck drops at 4:00 on Saturday.
        Residence Halls re-open Sunday March 17 so students won't be on campus until a potential 3rd playoff game. Many students will attend Maine Friday, a few less Saturday. The Whitt will be much quieter for the playoffs. One point needed to secure home ice.
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          Give credit to UMASS. That was a hard fought game last night. Both teams expended a lot of energy in regulation and were gassed in the OT. As I said earlier it wasn't going to be a cake walk for UNH in these games and that proved out last night. UNH does what they have to do and wins tonight though.
          even a broken clock is right twice a day
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
            Mission Accomplished.
            Good call mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
              Residence Halls re-open Sunday March 17 so students won't be on campus until a potential 3rd playoff game.
              The worst of both worlds - awesome!
              Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2

Women's Hockey
              EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
              1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                The worst of both worlds - awesome!
                They will be able to go to Boston if we can work hard enough to get there. Maybe UNH will have a small bus down that they won't advertise.
                UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

• Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                  They will be able to go to Boston if we can work hard enough to get there. Maybe UNH will have a small bus down that they won't advertise.
                  Question ....game never made it on fcs.....well i never found it....did anybody watch. Wasnt on 623,626,ot 608...

Comment

So many good teams in Hockey East this year, and one of them will more than likely get screwed on selection Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNHhockey29 View Post
                      Or sell student tickets but put them all over the building instead of in one section together (Manch regional vs Notre Dame).
                      Men's Hockey

Women's Hockey
                      1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

RIT, HE semis vs UMass in 2004 (2-1 UNH through 2 periods, gave up 4 goals in last 13 minutes of the third), BU in the Hockey East quarters last year... (4-1 lead with 4 minutes left in the 2nd). Umile does well to put them in position but often he or the team (you decide) lack that big game mentality when it matters.

Or is it just a case of you are what the scoreboard says you are. You could make a case that Umile has gotten his teams to overachieve over the years. When you hit the playoffs the real you magically emerges with more on the line(see one and done!). JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                          Or is it just a case of you are what the scoreboard says you are. You could make a case that Umile has gotten his teams to overachieve over the years. When you hit the playoffs the real you magically emerges with more on the line(see one and done!). JMHO
                          There are some years recently where that is definitely the case, but overachieving or not you can't blow a 3 goal lead (BU) in a little over 4 mins of game time (16:11 of the 2nd, 18:58 of the 2nd, 0:30 of the 3rd) - that is just ugly.
                          Last edited by ClOuD 9; 03-03-2013, 10:16 AM.
                          Men's Hockey

Women's Hockey
                          1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

There are some years recently where that is definitely the case, but overachieving or not you can't blow a 3 goal lead (BU) in a little over 4 mins of game time (16:11 of the 2nd, 18:58 of the 2nd, 0:30 of the 3rd) - that is just ugly.
                            Ya no doubt that was an ugly loss. We can only hope that the real UNH is the one more along the lines of what we saw last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                              Or sell student tickets but put them all over the building instead of in one section together (Manch regional vs Notre Dame).
                              Come on Rob, why would you want your fans to sit together in a group. If we spread out we'll cover more ground. Right. Right? Wait...
                              UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

1) Re: bus. did we ever research filling the rest of the band bus with fans? its a start.
                                2) instead of merely kvetching about it here, has anybody spoken to the ticket office about grouping tickets?
                                I haven't been on here in a year...
                                Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X