This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
    Hd - in this particular situation, I think it's important for UNH fans to understand that you and I are expressing opinions and are not speaking on behalf of Mike Vecchione. I think it would be unfair to Mike to leave the impression with UNH fans that he currently devalues what a UNH education means to its graduates (i.e., your reference to manager training at Osco Drugs).

That is obvious

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      That is obvious
      Fair enough.
      As an aside, Vecchione's 3-goal game last night was huge. He also rattled off 8 shots on goal.
      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
        Vecchione's 3-goal game last night was huge.
        That is obvious

Comment

Better than any forward unh has coming in
          This type of stuff is why no one takes you seriously. I'm on record as wishing Vecchione was still coming to UNH - and I think he's a better fit than some of the forwards in this year's freshman class - but he's not coming. You want to offer some insight, I think that's great, but why the need to exagerate and embellish and shout down everyone else? Vecchione isn't close to Kelleher. He's not Poturalski either. Additionally, He's two years older than Kelleher and has a year on Poturalski. Quit, while you're ahead...
          Live Free or Die!!

Comment

Hope the Verizon fills up more by puck drop.

Comment

• Originally posted by smitre View Post
              Hope the Verizon fills up more by puck drop.
              Empty looking in warmups. No Brett Pesce for UNH tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                UNH is going to struggle to maintain home ice for HE playoffs.
                Preposterous.

UNH may not be playing as well as earlier in the season, but they have games in hand on both BC and BU, and have a layup drill the last three weeks of the season.
                UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

I still don't get why UNH continues to play a regular season game at the Verizon. (I don't mind them playing 2 there at the NE Regionals every other year or so ) I attended the game last night -- the arena is too large (9,852 seats for hockey) for the crowd, which last night was reported as 6,605, just slightly higher than a sellout in Durham would be. Too little crowd energy dispersed amid too much space and too many empty seats. I do like the video board which the Whitt lacks, and our seats (high up) offered a great view of the entire ice surface, but apart from that, I'll take the Whitt any day. I've whined these same thoughts before, but my view hasn't changed. Manchester is less than half the travel distance for me, and Strange Brew is The Place to get a beer or two, but in terms of game atmosphere, the Whitt is better for a regular season game.

And the Riverstone group, whoever they may be, I'm sure is a fine company and good supporters of college hockey, but the Riverstone Cup has little meaning to me, and I'm sure the same is true of most fans. I'm glad UNH won the game -- but couldn't care less that they won the annual Cup. (Cue those fans from other teams to snicker that this is the only hardware NH will ever win. Blah blah blah.)
                  We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                  ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                  --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    This type of stuff is why no one takes you seriously. I'm on record as wishing Vecchione was still coming to UNH - and I think he's a better fit than some of the forwards in this year's freshman class - but he's not coming. You want to offer some insight, I think that's great, but why the need to exagerate and embellish and shout down everyone else? Vecchione isn't close to Kelleher. He's not Poturalski either. Additionally, He's two years older than Kelleher and has a year on Poturalski. Quit, while you're ahead...
                    I have some bad news for you Dan.
                    Kelleher is a good player and i like him. 5'6" 159 lbs and basicaly an 80 pct Gaudreau

Have seen Poturalski several times, not close to Vechionne.

Comment

What happened to Sorkin and Pesce? Also, what's Burke's status? I think not having his and Sorkin's size out there has been big. Also, Pesce has probably been the most consistent d-man all year and there was a lot of scrambling around last night. Good job weathering the storm of a good MC team that looked to be dictating play much of the first 35 minutes, and taking the game over late in the second. I still can't believe they had enough time to get that goal at 19:59.9999999999 of the second.

It was an important win to top the bleeding and gain a game on a reeling BC team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                        Kelleher is a good player and i like him. 5'6" 159 lbs and basicaly an 80 pct Gaudreau

Another example of why nobody takes you seriously ^

Comment

• Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                          Another example of why nobody takes you seriously ^

Do you think I give a crap if you take me seriously? Talk to Cedar Rapids coach and ask him. Has been trying to get MV for weeks and he would play him in every situation over your recruit.
                          Solid player and will be good for UNH but not top 2 line guy

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Comment

Do you think I give a crap if you take me seriously?
                              Obviously you give a crap because of your compulsion to keep replying to him. Even if half of what you say is valid you destroy any of its credibility with all of your white noise.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                                What happened to Sorkin and Pesce? Also, what's Burke's status?
                                Sorkin/Pesce: Something that is/isn't happening in practice? Obviously not much news leaks from the locker room. For Sorkin it could be a lingering injury, but he has had a disappointing year, not because of exceptionally poor play, but the thinking he would have the kind of leap year that Goumas is having and he has not. It was good for Quast to get the experience.

Burke is still recovering from a hit to the head. Impression at the time was he may be done for the year.

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                                I still can't believe they had enough time to get that goal at 19:59.9999999999 of the second.
                                If there was time to score should there not have been a subsequent face off? Is there a rule that says no face-off required if a minimum amount of time remains? The 2 goals in the last minute plus of period 2 were a welcome reversal from the previous night, taking the fight out of the Warriors.
                                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Working...
                                X