X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goblue
    replied
    Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

Not that this has anything to do with the current UNH season, but it's still good to see JVR (Toronto) and Bobby Butler (NJ) both earning #2 star of the game awards yesterday, with each scoring a goal and an assist.

Leave a comment:

• C-H-C
    replied

From Alan Lessels' column in the Union Leader:

Austin Block on NCAA rankings and tournament pairings:

"I don't personally look at that kind of stuff," he said. "We don't talk about that in the locker room. As far as I'm concerned we need to win every game and the rankings will take care of themselves. Obviously it's nice and we want to be as highly ranked as we can, but I don't think it really helps the mindset if you focus on stuff like that."

Leave a comment:

• C-H-C
    replied

St. Cloud State - who UNH defeated twice at beginning of season - handed #1 Minnesota their 5th loss of season.

Leave a comment:

• New Hampshire 'Cats Fan
    replied

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
    So far, Dan Parkhurst has done play-by-play for NBC Sports Network on:
    Yale vs Cornell, Jan 25
    Dartmouth vs Union, Feb 1
    UND vs UNO, tonight

He'll also be doing Wisconsin at UNO on March 1
    Whoops! I totally meant to write Dan Parkhust. Anyway, I was just surprised to hear him on NBC Sports.

Leave a comment:

• C-H-C
    replied

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
    I just watched the UND-UNO hockey game on NBC sports network, and the announcer for the game was Dan Parker (who also serves as the UNH announcer)?? Does Dan work for NBC? Does he announce a variety of non-UNH games?
    So far, Dan Parkhurst has done play-by-play for NBC Sports Network on:
    Yale vs Cornell, Jan 25
    Dartmouth vs Union, Feb 1
    UND vs UNO, tonight

He'll also be doing Wisconsin at UNO on March 1

Leave a comment:

• New Hampshire 'Cats Fan
    replied

I just watched the UND-UNO hockey game on NBC sports network, and the announcer for the game was Dan Parker (who also serves as the UNH announcer)?? Does Dan work for NBC? Does he announce a variety of non-UNH games?

Leave a comment:

• ClOuD 9
    replied

Whitehead said he is trying to work out an agreement for a non-conference game every season against New Hampshire that will be played on a rotating basis between Portland’s Cumberland County Civic Center and the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester, N.H.
    http://bangordailynews.com/2013/02/0...ference-games/

Love the idea of playing them in Portland (an hour closer for us than it is them), not a big fan of playing them in Manchester.

Not new news for a lot of people but article also says we'll be going back to Estero next year - UNH vs Cornell; Princeton vs Maine with winner v winner, loser v loser on day two.
    Last edited by ClOuD 9; 02-08-2013, 10:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• C-H-C
    replied

Originally posted by CarlS View Post
    C-H-C - is that tweet from the one and only Matt Myers of ManchVegas fame and now helping out on the UNH bench? He is a great person.
    Yes it is. Matt is also the video coordinator for the team. Fans can follow him on twitter: @Mathew_Myers

Leave a comment:

• Saetia22
    replied

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Ok, agreed that the Friars made it close in the end, giving up a 3-goal lead with less than 6 minutes left in the game. But, I thought that the first 54 minutes were humiliating for UNH fans.
    It sure was. I took a friend to the game who hadn't been since 2002ish, he was expecting a lot more than what he got. Pathetic game. 4 points are crucial this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Originally posted by Jon View Post
    I'm not sure a one goal win is "humiliation" by any stretch of the imagination. Especially with PC's inability to hold any lead at any time against any team not named "Brown."
    Ok, agreed that the Friars made it close in the end, giving up a 3-goal lead with less than 6 minutes left in the game. But, I thought that the first 54 minutes were humiliating for UNH fans.

Leave a comment:

• CarlS
    replied
    UNH @Providence game has been rescheduled to Wednesday, Feb 13th at 7 PM (per tweet from Matt Myers).
    C-H-C - is that tweet from the one and only Matt Myers of ManchVegas fame and now helping out on the UNH bench? He is a great person.

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Good analysis. But home-and-home this weekend is against Providence. I cannot imagine why the Cats would look ahead of the Friars, having been humiliated by them three weekends ago. I think that this weekend pretty much determines whether the Cats have shot at maintaining a position for home ice in Hockey East post-season, and just a win and a tie might not cut it either.
    I'm not sure a one goal win is "humiliation" by any stretch of the imagination. Especially with PC's inability to hold any lead at any time against any team not named "Brown."

Leave a comment:

• irishfan85
    replied

UNH and PC's official twitter accounts have confirmed it.

Leave a comment:

• WildShawn
    replied
    UNH @Providence game has been rescheduled to Wednesday, Feb 13th at 7 PM (per tweet from Matt Myers).
    Confirmed by wmur news at noon.

Leave a comment:

• C-H-C
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X