This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

An FYI for all you youngsters on this thread, when Providi comes to town, look for the elder Gilles to be in attendance! While his numbers might not be like his son's, Bruce was a great goalie and teammate for the Blue and White back from 82-85....so keep an eye out for a good looking 6'3' blond dude.....but then again we all were that way once a long time ago...in watching last night's Lowell-PC match, the Cats will have to get Gilles moving, as he does cover that net!

Comment

Big opportunity for UNH this weekend with BU & BC losing tonight...
      Live Free or Die!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Big opportunity for UNH this weekend with BU & BC losing tonight...
        I am thinking the same thing. Time to further prove they can win a game that shows they are for real.
        Last edited by scoreboard; 01-18-2013, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
          I am thinking the same thing. Time to further prove they can win a game that shows they are for real.
          Bigger matchup than it appears, for sure. Can't have a letdown. PC is a TUC, we have a chance to tie for the top spot in HEA with a game in hand v. BC and BU, etc. etc. can't overlook it.

Bummed I can't watch on WSN tonight but all of Minnesota is overdosing on ice today - "Hockey Day in Minnesota"... World Pond Hockey Championships, full slate of OUTDOOR high school hockey, Sioux and Gophers, and Wild's opener v. Avalanche. I'll be at the Wild game checking score updates. Go Cats!!!
          Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
            but all of Minnesota is overdosing on ice today - "Hockey Day in Minnesota"... World Pond Hockey Championships, full slate of OUTDOOR high school hockey, Sioux and Gophers, and Wild's opener v. Avalanche. I'll be at the Wild game checking score updates. Go Cats!!!
            that is awesome

Comment

Same old story....

Comment

Same old story....
                Fresh legs, home ice, I mean, ridic.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                  Fresh legs, home ice, I mean, ridic.
                  But, we do not want the Cats to peak too early, do we?
                  Last edited by Snively65; 01-20-2013, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Was e.cat impressed, or not so impressed, with PC's special teams units? As compared to UNH's of course.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      Was e.cat impressed, or not so impressed, with PC's special teams units? As compared to UNH's of course.

I couldn't make it to the game last night so I won't opine. Looks like your talented group broke out of a mini slump last night though
                      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Combine a lackluster effort for 2 periods and an "off" night for the goaltender against a motivated opponent with a hot goaltender, and you saw the results Sat. night. Having brought a group of family & friends to the game and the Alumni Association's family hockey dinner, my initial reaction is to feel let down by a floating Wildcat squad. The reality, of course, is that "off" nights happen over the course of a long season. However, the Wildcats should be aware that they will face the opponent's best effort every game.

Thanks to the Alumni Association for another great Family Hockey Dinner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          But, we do want the Cats to peak too early, do we?
                          Not being a jerk here, but I really don't understand your post. It's simply a bad loss, with consistently poor play in our end, from what it sounds - a la game 1 v. BC. I'm not looking for us to run the table, but it's not like this was the back half of a home-and-home in the Coffin with a well-played loss. This was a home game, with a night off on Friday, and we gave up a six-pack.

Should/would have been a good solid win v. A TUC, nothing to do with "peaking early". Peaking early would have been a couple blowout wins v. BC, followed by a big slide. IMHO, sounds like this was just a crappy loss to take.

Snively65, if I misunderstood your post, my apologies.

Comment

"UNH Comeback Falls Short - Providence Wins 6-5"
                            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• WildcatDC, I left out the 'not' in my post, which I just fixed. But, my post was tongue in cheek, and I agree with everything in your post and others. I am out of the country at the moment, so missed the past two weekends of hockey. I think that the Cats did well to earn the split with the Eagles, who also did not show up for a game this weekend. And, sounds like Gillies played a great game in net for a couple of periods, with his old man in the stands?
                              Last edited by Snively65; 01-20-2013, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                WildcatDC, I left out the 'not' in my post, which I just fixed. But, my post was tongue in cheek, and I agree with everything in your post and others. I am out of the country at the moment, so missed the past two weekends of hockey. I think that the Cats did well to earn the split with the Eagles, who also did not show up for a game this weekend. And, sounds like Gillies played a great game in net for a couple of periods, with his old man in the stands?
                                Gillies did play relatively well, but benefited from a couple good bounces that could have resulted in UNH goals. He had a lot more defensive help in front of him than either UNH goalie got. I believe his father was sitting a few seats to my left one row in front of me on the blue line near the Providence bench. He was quiet most of the game but it was clear that size runs in the family as he towered over me (5'10") as we were leaving.

As for UNH I worry they have this thought that they can turn it on whenever they want and so they can afford to take shifts or periods off. The beginning of the second period was disgusting as they let Providence go virtually untouched to the net on multiple occasions leaving Desmith little chance to make saves. Additionally every time they got momentum defensive lapses seemed to pop up. I think the Henrion-Goumas-Gaudreault line has looked really good the last couple of games and wouldn't be surprised if they move to the top of the lineup consistently.

Comment

Working...
                                X