Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

    Brett Pesce is ranked #36 on NHL's Central Scouting Service Midterm list for the 2013 NHL Draft. Pesce is on the 214 player, North American Skaters list:

    http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=85643
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

    Comment


    • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

      Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
      Knocks him down. HA! Yea, uh, Whitney fell down losing an edge there down below the goal line. Clear as day. Video easily confirms it. #5 was for the most part a spectator on the play. For the record, I liked his gap control there but I have no idea why he didn't smear Whitney into the wall a few strides into the zone.

      "Watch the Tape"
      Knodel is a gentle giant - very rarely if ever hits anybody. Next time UNH & BC play watch him, he has the chances to crush people on the boards and certainly the size, he does check but not "hard". Only a couple times have I seen him really hit somebody and both were because that player had just initiated contact. From the stands he seems like a "nice guy" on the ice.
      "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JB View Post
        Knodel is a gentle giant - very rarely if ever hits anybody. Next time UNH & BC play watch him, he has the chances to crush people on the boards and certainly the size, he does check but not "hard". Only a couple times have I seen him really hit somebody and both were because that player had just initiated contact. From the stands he seems like a "nice guy" on the ice.
        You guys are tough. The taller you are the more u hate? He and Hardo are the only D that hit and he probably hits twice as much as Hardo. I suppose he has the weakest shot on the team as well? Watch the tape.

        Comment


        • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

          the geese...come clean. what connection do you have with knodel?

          Comment


          • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

            Originally posted by the geese View Post
            You guys are tough. The taller you are the more u hate? He and Hardo are the only D that hit and he probably hits twice as much as Hardo. I suppose he has the weakest shot on the team as well? Watch the tape.
            What are you talking about. Knodel very rarely hits anybody. My father, who I have gone to games with since the 70's, comments how other players just stay away from him (and he is right in general they do). I didn't say he was a bad D-man, but he doesn't hit, and certainly not hard unless provoked. In someways this is smart of a giant college D-man, in the college game if it sounds hard or looks "too" hard it is generally a penalty and he has a grand total of 3 penalities all year.

            The only "bad" part of his game is he is slow, but he compensates well with positioning.

            Are you watching the tape... or even just the games live.

            My guess is you are an over sensitive family member or friend and probably should stay away from the message boards filled with fools (and I include myself in that).
            "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

            Comment


            • Originally posted by the geese View Post
              1. Hey Chuck Murray-
              Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. Why don't you review the youtube.

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=sMd2lxyj3sc

              first goal against- 22 took the player w/ puck as he curled around net- 5 took the most dangerous forward next who was coming into the puck side post-BC player threw the puck thru the crease to the next attacking BC player. That Trailer/3rd man in scored the goal- responsibility was backchecking forward.
              2nd goal against- 3 on 2 based on UNH forward tunover deep in BC zone. 2 took the wide wing with puck. 6 took on BC 13 who was splitting the D with a middle drive tactic and then made pass to wide left side winger who scored- again UNH forward/ backchecker was trailing behind the goal scorer.
              3rd goal- UNH D change- first D out- # 5. His rsponsibility is to take away the stretch pass on the far boards. # 22 responsibility was to take the center of the blue line. He was late covering that- don't know if the previous D coming off was slow or not- but 22 couldn't get there. 13 takes that second pass of the combo up the middle and scores. The unusual circumstance is that on the dump in to the BC end, the goalie made the breakout pass to a far side winger who then made the middle seam pass to 13.
              4th goal- Knodel ( show some respect and spell his name right ) forces the attacking BC player into the corner and below the goal line and knocks him down. Puck shoots back to the corner on goal line. BC #13 gathers it there. 27 is with 5 feet and stares at him. BC 13 throws a cross ice pass to far post where BC player is sliding in and scores the goal. # 22 and an unidentifiable UNH forward are standing still doing nothing in front of the net.
              5th goal- 27 turns the puck over at his own blue line and BC starts what eventually becomes a 3 on 3. 5 comes from his left D position to the right side to take the puck carrier. He forces puck carrier to skate below the goal line instead of getting direct access to the goal. puck carrier throws a backhanded prayer pass from below the goal line. Again, another uncovered BC player is coming towards the net with a UNH forward chasing helplessly behind the play.

              Review the tape- let me know if anything that I just said is untrue.

              By the way- I was sitting in the UNH players friends and family section behind the UNH bench Friday night and in the third period I over heard a guy who came down to the seats and started bashing the kid, unaware that he was sitting 2 seats from his father. Would you have any idea who that might have been? I think he was weaing a dark hat and had some short wiskers on his chin. Let me know if you can think of anybody. Have a nice day.

              Reply
              Great analysis. For goal four, the back checker was Henrion and for goal five, it was camper - who also turned it over at the blue line (not 27)
              “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

              Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

              Originally posted by shrader
              Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
              Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                Great analysis. For goal four, the back checker was Henrion and for goal five, it was camper - who also turned it over at the blue line (not 27)
                Details

                Comment


                • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

                  Originally posted by JB View Post
                  What are you talking about. Knodel very rarely hits anybody. My father, who I have gone to games with since the 70's, comments how other players just stay away from him (and he is right in general they do). I didn't say he was a bad D-man, but he doesn't hit, and certainly not hard unless provoked. In someways this is smart of a giant college D-man, in the college game if it sounds hard or looks "too" hard it is generally a penalty and he has a grand total of 3 penalities all year.

                  The only "bad" part of his game is he is slow, but he compensates well with positioning.

                  Are you watching the tape... or even just the games live.

                  My guess is you are an over sensitive family member or friend and probably should stay away from the message boards filled with fools (and I include myself in that).
                  Knodel hits. Pay attention.

                  Comment


                  • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

                    How will the Hockey East schedule work with two games against each school? With Notre Dame especially, and even Maine and Vermont, I assume those will be two game weekends at one school's barn. Will there be any allowance for split season series so each team gets a home game for everyone closer to Boston?


                    Originally posted by JB View Post
                    Weird to post about next year in the middle of this year but picked up some info on the schedule.

                    As we all know 2 games against each in league team. So that is 20 for the 2013-2014 season as H.E. will be at 11 teams. Indication is Notre Dame will be at UNH for 2 with UNH heading to South Bend in 2014-2015.

                    UNH is in the Ice Breaker (so 36 games instead of 34) and Minnesota is the host - unknown the other 2 teams.
                    Michigan is coming to the Whitt for 2.
                    UNH is at CC for 2 – Thanksgiving again. Weird with UNH just out there this year. Also it was @ CC for 2 no Denver.
                    UNH is in Florida (Cornell first round - tentatively) unknown the 4th team
                    UNH @ RPI
                    Games with Harvard and Brown unknown where

                    So that is 11 of the 16 non-conference games. Have to figure a game with Dartmouth in there which makes 12.

                    Apparently there has been talk of a annual 3rd game with Maine but indication is not next year but maybe sometime after (probably because there is chance to meet in Florida).

                    Comment


                    • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

                      Has anybody else been to Google today? I've wasted to much time at work today there, I forgot to come on here haha. . . .
                      I haven't been on here in a year...
                      Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

                      Comment


                      • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

                        Originally posted by smitre View Post
                        How will the Hockey East schedule work with two games against each school? With Notre Dame especially, and even Maine and Vermont, I assume those will be two game weekends at one school's barn. Will there be any allowance for split season series so each team gets a home game for everyone closer to Boston?
                        Sounded like home and home except Notre Dame where they will come for 2 one year you will go for 2 the next. What I got for information wasn't clear.

                        Speculation -

                        It wouldn't surprise me for Maine and/or Vermont to be a schedule like Notre Dame

                        Other alternative for the Maine and Vermont games is Friday-Sunday scheduling to leave a travel day or even Thursday-Sunday for Maine to Providence.

                        Also you could do some sort of travel partner arrangement like the ECAC with Umass & Vermont and Maine & UNH. Although if I am UNH not a fan.

                        Another interesting variant for the teams close to Boston would be a "rotating" schedule (for lack of better term) example:
                        UNH @ BC on Friday
                        BU @ Merrimack Friday
                        Merrimack @ UNH Saturday
                        BC @ BU Saturday.
                        That way each team is home and away that weekend but you "save" games against a league opponent for later. In other words in a home and home setup UNH & BC could be done with each other in November, in a "rotating" schedule you might be @BC in November and host them in February.

                        Last idea – It could be cool to do but a big headache to schedule a non-league set of travel partners for Notre Dame. Then they could do the Home & Home thing. It is a wack-a-doodle idea. For example BC & UNH are @ Notre Dame and @ Michigan and when Notre Dame comes east it could be Western Michigan that comes with them for a UNH & BC weekend. If the distance from South Bend gets long the Friday – Sunday Schedule thing could be used. To fit everybody’s non-conference desires you would need a complex set-up of Big 10, AH, new WCHA and NCHC teams. It would be fun for the fans but totally impracticable (as in never work).
                        Last edited by JB; 01-16-2013, 10:55 AM.
                        "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

                        Comment


                        • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

                          "UNH's Brett Pesce Emerges as a Top NHL Prospect"
                          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

                          Comment


                          • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

                            Does "Johnny Hockey" stay on Chestnut Hill for all 4yrs?

                            Comment


                            • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

                              Originally posted by wildcatfan_GoNH View Post
                              Does "Johnny Hockey" stay on Chestnut Hill for all 4yrs?
                              Highly unlikely IMO.

                              Comment


                              • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

                                Originally posted by wildcatfan_GoNH View Post
                                Does "Johnny Hockey" stay on Chestnut Hill for all 4yrs?
                                If he does watch out
                                *****

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X