Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

    <<< crickets >>>

    Let's hope for a better result against Bemidji.
    We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
    ---Blaise Pascal

    When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
    --Richard Dawkins

    UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

    Comment


    • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

      "#10 Dartmouth Outplays #2 UNH - Wins 4-1"

      Just finished watching the replay of the game on line and, unfortunately, it all went down pretty much the way I saw it live.

      Also confirmed by this article in the Valley News:
      http://www.vnews.com/home/3574878-95...game-unh-green
      Last edited by C-H-C; 12-31-2012, 09:57 AM.
      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

      Comment


      • Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
        "#10 Dartmouth Outplays #2 UNH - Wins 4-1"

        Just finished watching the replay of the game on line and, unfortunately, it all went down pretty much the way I saw it live.

        Also confirmed by this article in the Valley News:
        http://www.vnews.com/home/3574878-95...game-unh-green
        Sitting right behind Borek's end of the bench all three periods, the frustration was clearly visible on player faces with every line change. But, unlike the last three post-holiday break losses, this loss did not bother me as much, as Dartmouth is a much better team this year than the other three, IMHO.

        But, I think that Goumas needs more experienced line mates, as his line is not clicking.

        With BC's 8-1 loss to the Gophers and BU's 6-0 loss to DU this weekend, Hockey East is eating humble pie to begin the second half. However, UML did barely prevail over Bentley, who scored two goals against Dartmouth at the beginning of December.

        Comment


        • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

          Originally posted by goblue View Post
          That's a pet peeve of mine, as well. How about the mandatory apostrophe in front of every "s" that end's (get it?) a word?
          Yes!!! They put an apostrophe on all word's that they mean to be a PLURAL.

          Here are a couple others:

          "loose" instead of "lose." --> "Did you LOOSE your keys?"

          "it's" instead of "its." --> "My gum has lost IT'S flavor."

          "acrost" instead of "across" (this one is auditory) --> "I traveled ACROST town last night." (this seems to be prevalent among French-Canadians so it's not so much of a grammatical thing)

          I don't know why I'm saying this...perhaps I'm expecting things to change since tomorrow begins a new year???

          Comment


          • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

            There were obvious moments of lacking effort against Dartmouth but what I took away from the game had much more to do with how good Dartmouth looked across their lines much of the night than UNH playing poorly. A prime example was DeSmith. The first goal was completely uncharacteristic for him, not being able to close his legs from a clean shot that far out, but there were several times he stood on his head to prevent Dartmouth from banging in pucks at the posts.

            Dartmouth's ability most of the game to consistently get a third defender back against the UNH rush while still pressuring deep in the UNH zone was impressive.

            Sorkin's penalty was as much for stupidity as anything malicious when he reached into the scrum late. If not for his height I would have thought it was Danny Dries reincarnated in a UNH uniform. Without that PP goal for Dartmouth I felt like UNH had plenty of time to continue shifting the momentum.

            Comment


            • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

              Originally posted by smitre View Post
              There were obvious moments of lacking effort against Dartmouth but what I took away from the game had much more to do with how good Dartmouth looked across their lines much of the night than UNH playing poorly. A prime example was DeSmith. The first goal was completely uncharacteristic for him, not being able to close his legs from a clean shot that far out, but there were several times he stood on his head to prevent Dartmouth from banging in pucks at the posts.

              Dartmouth's ability most of the game to consistently get a third defender back against the UNH rush while still pressuring deep in the UNH zone was impressive.

              Sorkin's penalty was as much for stupidity as anything malicious when he reached into the scrum late. If not for his height I would have thought it was Danny Dries reincarnated in a UNH uniform. Without that PP goal for Dartmouth I felt like UNH had plenty of time to continue shifting the momentum.
              Sorkin has become both an enigma and a disappointment this season. While Goumas has been having a breakout year, I expected the same from Sorkin. And yes, I agree that the penalty that he took was ill-timed and costly; Umile should have benched him for the Bemidji game IMHO.
              UNH

              Comment


              • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

                "UNH's New Energy Line: Correale-Camper-Willows"
                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

                Comment


                • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

                  I'm glad Willows finally made it back into the line up. He should be playing every game. I appreciate Dicky mixing in lots of freshies, but Willows needs ice. Really fun to watch him play.

                  Comment


                  • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

                    "UNH Back On Track with 5-2 Win Over RPI"
                    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

                    Comment


                    • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

                      Very nice recap of last night's game Mike. UNH looked very lethargic in the first period, losing most races to loose pucks and possession battles. Dickie must have lit a fire under them during the first intermission, because I thought they came out with much more energy from that point on.

                      Now the OOC schedule is done and it's all HE all the time for the Cats. Next weekend will be a good measure of how they stack up down the stretch.

                      Comment


                      • Energy Line and Scoring Line, one and the same?

                        I watched Bentley dismantle NU at Matthews last night; had hoped to get to Durham also when RPI game originally scheduled for Sunday afternoon.

                        Would like to see Bentley get an invite to play at Lake Whitt next season when the HE OOC schedule opens up; the Falcons have some speed that would fun to watch on the big sheet.
                        Last edited by Snively65; 01-06-2013, 02:02 PM. Reason: typo

                        Comment


                        • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

                          Anybody else notice that after Hardowa's goal, he and TVR didn't see the ice for about 10 minutes? The Knodel/Pesce and Kostolansky/Agosta pairings just rotated, and it seemed like the Camper/Corrale/Willows line was getting extra shifts during that period of time as well.
                          128-185-31 .414

                          252-113-40 .672

                          Comment


                          • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

                            Originally posted by freak View Post
                            Anybody else notice that after Hardowa's goal, he and TVR didn't see the ice for about 10 minutes? The Knodel/Pesce and Kostolansky/Agosta pairings just rotated, and it seemed like the Camper/Corrale/Willows line was getting extra shifts during that period of time as well.
                            Resting them for next weekend, eh?

                            Comment


                            • Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

                              Awful quiet around here for the biggest weekend of the regular season

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                                Awful quiet around here for the biggest weekend of the regular season
                                On my way to New Zealand, but will follow on the Internet.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X