X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

Originally posted by JB View Post
    Well I know with the expanded schedule Michigan is coming in for 2 in the next couple years, and there games with Minnesota and Miami in there also. I think I heard Michigan State too.

I think you will see Hockey East and Big 10 link up some. If you look at the new NCHC 7 teams with likely 28 league games for a balanced schedule (2 home - 2 road) there going to be tight on non conference. Half the ECAC (Ivy's) are limited on games. The new WCHA is going to be 13 teams so who know yet on there conference schedule but I figure it at 26-28.

That will leave: (excluding ice breaker or Alaska trip exemptions)
    Hockey East with 20 and then 22 league games (the next year), 14 then 12 non-conference.
    ECAC non-Ivy with 22 league games, 12 non-conference.
    Big 10 at 6 teams will presumably be 20 league games, 14 non-conference.
    ECAC Ivy with 22 league games, 6 non-conference.
    NCHC with 28 league games, 6 non-conference.
    WCHA with 26-28 league games, 6-8 non-conference

As I look at those number 12 Hockey East, 6 Non-Ivy ECAC, and 6 Big 10 have holes in non-confrence. My guess is in the short term we will be seeing each other just a bit...
    not a matchup with teams enough to have an interlocking schedule like the old days, but I hope we do see a lot of good hockey east/Big Ten matchups. Good point with the match in non-con games. I know in the past, teams like Michigan and MSU have been limited on non-con games, and they rarely, if ever traveled east (getting Michigan to come to UNH for ONE game a couple of years ago was a big deal...) So it'll be great to see those teams out here.

Comment

"JvR 'Loses' to Hartnell: Sandy Relief Wins"
      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
        Well I know with the expanded schedule Michigan is coming in for 2 in the next couple years, and there games with Minnesota and Miami in there also. I think I heard Michigan State too.

I think you will see Hockey East and Big 10 link up some. If you look at the new NCHC 7 teams with likely 28 league games for a balanced schedule (2 home - 2 road) there going to be tight on non conference. Half the ECAC (Ivy's) are limited on games. The new WCHA is going to be 13 teams so who know yet on there conference schedule but I figure it at 26-28.

That will leave: (excluding ice breaker or Alaska trip exemptions)
        Hockey East with 20 and then 22 league games (the next year), 14 then 12 non-conference.
        ECAC non-Ivy with 22 league games, 12 non-conference.
        Big 10 at 6 teams will presumably be 20 league games, 14 non-conference.
        ECAC Ivy with 22 league games, 6 non-conference.
        NCHC with 28 league games, 6 non-conference.
        WCHA with 26-28 league games, 6-8 non-conference

As I look at those number 12 Hockey East, 6 Non-Ivy ECAC, and 6 Big 10 have holes in non-confrence. My guess is in the short term we will be seeing each other just a bit...
        Curious as to what are you trying to say?
        Does Mich. have games with Miami and Minny also (their), or is it UNH that does, (there are)?

If you look at the new NCHC 7 teams with likely 28 league games for a balanced schedule (2 home - 2 road) there going to be tight on non conference.
        Does this mean the NHCH will be tight on nc schedule (they are)?

Hey, you're not alone, and, it's not you, it's me. Just drives me bonkers a whole generation of high school and college graduates don't know the difference between 'there', 'their', 'they're', and 'there are'. OK... rant over.

Merry Christmas!
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
          Hey, you're not alone, and, it's not you, it's me. Just drives me bonkers a whole generation of high school and college graduates don't know the difference between 'there', 'their', 'they're', and 'there are'. OK... rant over.

Merry Christmas!
          little case of insomnia their FiveHole? check you're (that one is my pet peeve) rep, i forgot to sign it but it's from me

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            ...Hey, you're not alone, and, it's not you, it's me. Just drives me bonkers a whole generation of high school and college graduates don't know the difference between 'there', 'their', 'they're', and 'there are'. OK... rant over.

Merry Christmas!
            That's a pet peeve of mine, as well. How about the mandatory apostrophe in front of every "s" that end's (get it?) a word? Or, saying (or writing) "walla" -- which is half of a redundant city name in Washington -- when the word should be properly pronounced "vwa-lah" and spelled "voila"? (Can't insert the proper accent mark over the "a".) As a Frenchman, that one really gets me.)

But then I have a lot of grammatical pet peeves -- and not that I'm a paragon of proper language use. Someone I knew a long time ago -- an extremely well-educated, well-spoken older lady -- would pronounce the word "forte" as "fort." Whenever I heard her do so, I would silently tell myself that even she isn't perfect. Until I bought myself The Big Book of Beastly Mispronunciations, and discovered that, in fact, she was right -- it comes from the French word "fort", meaning "a strong point". Somehow it acquired the final "e" in the 1700's. Pronouncing it "FOR-tay" derives from the incorrect belief that all French words ending in "e" should be pronounced with the final "ay" sound, and became acceptable to dictionary writers by the 1980's. You never hear it pronounced "fort" these days -- and if you did, you'd probably think the speaker was daft (instead of deft with language, I suppose.)

Sorry for the pedantry! Happy Holidays to all.
            We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
            ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
            --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              little case of insomnia their FiveHole?
              What you talking about? Fell asleep at 10:00... 4:00 a.m is 6 hours. I overslept an hour.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Interview with Austin Block

Comment

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! I have two Standing Room tickets for the first day of the Dartmouth tourney (as long as will call can switch) free. First person to email me at josh.gibney at gmail can have them.

Comment

Unless, of course, you're speaking about musical dynamics. In which case, forte is pronounced FOR-tay - Italian.
                    I haven't been on here in a year...
                    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Hope to see plenty of UNH support up in Hanover Sunday night. It will be my first UNH game of the season and first ever for my 6 year old nephew, he is a Dartmouth fan though.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                        Unless, of course, you're speaking about musical dynamics. In which case, forte is pronounced FOR-tay - Italian.
                        Yes, you're right. But that's an entirely different word with a different etymology, so I left it out.
                        And music isn't my "fort" anyway.
                        We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                        ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                        --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

"UNH Returns to Dartmouth for Holiday Tourney"

Comment

BU vs Denver....who's win helps UNH more in the power rankings?

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                              BU vs Denver....who's win helps UNH more in the power rankings?
                              I assume BU winning would have helped UNH more because the Wildcats have more games against them on their schedule so BU's record has more weight on UNH's RPI, etc.

Comment

A feature article on Coach Borek, a former Dartmouth forward, from today's Valley News:
                                http://www.vnews.com/home/3560422-95...h-coach-hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X