X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unh1982
    replied
    Originally posted by Aerman View Post
    If the goalie loses his mask as what would otherwise have been the game-winning goal is scored, is that "puck luck?"
    No but two of there goals were redirected in front of the net on weird bounces, waist high, and weren't tip ins

Leave a comment:

• Aerman
    replied
    Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    it was actually 4-1 a little more than halfway through the second..............they really didnt hold on in the OT's if you recall, in fact they lost twice in the OT
    If the goalie loses his mask as what would otherwise have been the game-winning goal is scored, is that "puck luck?"

Leave a comment:

• zoofer
    replied

Back in the day, our SID was Allen Chamberlain and Allen had the habit of forecasting the variables that were possible coming down the stretch...I hated it because in reality, all we had to do was win out and we were fine but he loves his permutations! So for this weekend, if everyone splits then UNH plays UVM right? Isn't that an okay scenario compared to playing Maine, Providi, Merrimack? In other words 2 points may be the way to go, other than psychologically going into the playoffs on a roll......

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
    In 2007-2008 UNH was as good as anyone in the country and demonstrated it on multiple occasions. This was the only team since the start of HE that swept BU, BC and ME in the same year. And, they had BC, the eventual champion of HE and NCAA down and out at 4-0 halfway through the HE semi ... just a total collapse for the next 30 minutes (before gamely holding on into triple overtime)
    it was actually 4-1 a little more than halfway through the second..............they really didnt hold on in the OT's if you recall, in fact they lost twice in the OT

Leave a comment:

• sonar
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Didn't see that game, but I was at about that age when some creative pre-cable fiddling with the old VHF "rabbit ears" was able to bring in a very fuzzy Channel 11 for my first exposure to UNH Wildcats hockey. Definitely during the Cap Raeder era, and while I've heard and read great tales, and seen the C-H-C video more than a few times, I don't have a first-person recall of that game, so I'll bow to my seniors on that one..
    I still remember the walk home from Snively after that game .... a very long short walk.

Leave a comment:

• e.cat
    replied
    Regarding the whole taking 3 points from Maine this weekend: if we win Friday, we follow it up with a W Saturday and complete the sweep. Friday is the key.

Leave a comment:

• e.cat
    replied
    Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
    ^ Fixed
    Lol. Good point Cloud9

Maniacs are upstarts with something to prove

Leave a comment:

• ClOuD 9
    replied
    Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    For the record, UNH was relevant long before Maine even had a D-1 team.
    Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    For the record, New Hampshire was relevant long before Maine even had statehood.
    ^ Fixed
    Last edited by ClOuD 9; 03-05-2013, 02:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ClOuD 9
    replied

It's not often that UNH sweeps the season series vs the Blackbears, and in addition to fighting to lock up a playoff spot I'm sure they'll be keen to play spoiler against their biggest rival. Definitely not writing them off this weekend.
    Last edited by ClOuD 9; 03-04-2013, 10:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Darius
    replied

Does anyone else feel another 3 point weekend coming on for UNH?
    Yes and that 2 points are more likely than 4.

But I want to see two more like Saturday's game... GO CATS!!!
    Amen.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Murray
    replied

Does anyone else feel another 3 point weekend coming on for UNH? Wish I was convinced a clean sweep was gonna happen - it really should, but I'm not quite sold yet. Strangely enough, if UML and Providence split AND BC doesn't sweep, that *could* be enough ... and with UNH's recent good fortune with the other results out there, it's all perfectly feasible, and I wouldn't bet against it. But I want to see two more like Saturday's game to set the tone for the postseason, clinch at least a #2 seed for the quarters, and go into the most important games of the season with some real momentum. GO CATS!!!

Leave a comment:

• Felger
    replied

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
    I honestly like their chances against Maine
    I should hope so....

Never mind the fact that UNH is #2 and Maine is #8, the Black Bears haven't won in Durham since gas was $2 a gallon...their last win at the Whitt was the same weekend that the Patriots last won a Super Bowl (and that's been a while, which might be news to you Brady/Belichick sycophants.) Since then the Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins have all won world championships. BU has won a national championship. BC's won three of them...

Seems as if liking their chances is a no brainer....

Leave a comment:

• GoUNH
    replied

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Sorry in advance for the "old guy" talk, but I had no idea that you went to Bentley, Chuck (post 786 above). I teach at Bentley, so have been hoping that UNH would invite the Falcons to Lake Whitt for a game, but prospects of that happening are probably as remote as Bentley winning the AHA autobid and playing UNH at Manchvegas as a #4 vs #1 seed this year. As a Durham townie, I did not waste my time, energy, or money applying for Dartmouth either, but UNH worked out fine for me. I am hoping that the "other Snively" who began posting here before I did and went through the Oyster River school system a few years after me begins to chime into this thread, now that the post-season is closing in. Yeah, I know, he is also good at the "old guy" talk.

But, back to this weekend, good puck luck to the Wildcats, who are not entirely in control of their own destiny, as we need PC to take at least a point from UML, as noted by unhpuckfan2001.
    Dont ever apologize for the "old guy" talk, because I do enjoy it. My first game was back in the Ralph Cox, Greg Moffet, Dana Barbin era as a 7th grader. I've been hooked ever since.

Leave a comment:

• e.cat
    replied

Speaking of a long and very good memory, we've got to get points from a hungry Maine this weekend before we hoist anything anywhere. Maine will be looking to take us down, downtown to China Town!! if we look past them. Having said that I think Umile will have the boys ready and raring to go. The Whit will be rockin' I'm sure of that.

Leave a comment:

• Snively65
    replied

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    In any case, I think this is a team of destiny and they will be hoisting the big one in Pittsburgh!!!
    First, UNH needs to pull off a couple of upset wins in Manchvegas, where destiny has not been kind to the Cats over the years.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X