X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unh1982
    replied
    Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
    Actually with a Vermont loss tomorrow and a Maine win, Maine would move up to the 7th seed. UNH is playing for home ice at this point so both teams have a lot to play for tomorrow.
    Maine was playing for a spot, they got it...7 or 8 makes no difference.

Leave a comment:

• GoUNH
    replied
    Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
    Hate to say it, but unh couldnt win a must win game if there life depended on it....sad, pathetic display of not to lose hockey....only reason they might win tomorrow, maine has nothing to play for.
    Actually with a Vermont loss tomorrow and a Maine win, Maine would move up to the 7th seed. UNH is playing for home ice at this point so both teams have a lot to play for tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• unh1982
    replied
    Re: UNH Wildcats 2012-2013 Season Thread

Hate to say it, but unh couldnt win a must win game if there life depended on it....sad, pathetic display of not to lose hockey....only reason they might win tomorrow, maine has nothing to play for.

Leave a comment:

• New Hampshire 'Cats Fan
    replied

With school break not sure on attendance.
    Apparently there are still student tickets available, which is not the norm for a Maine game, so we'll see how it goes...

Leave a comment:

• unhpuckfan2001
    replied

Tough to hear about Burke. Always liked that kid.

In the interest of speaking a different discussion - there's a thread going around about "worst jerseys ever."

Personally, I'd love to see UNH create a new, third jersey, incorporating the "old wildcat"; with a color scheme and style similar to what the women's team wears.

http://www.izaak.unh.edu/archives/hi.../catlogo.shtml

Leave a comment:

• goblue
    replied

Originally posted by Darius View Post
    Truly. Hard to imagine what he and his family must be going through. This is not where they expected to be 4 years after he entered UNH. At this point just leading a healthy and productive life might be a win for him.
    I hope and expect he'll be able to participate in Senior Night tomorrow. He's hard a tough 4 years here at UNH, which is unfortunate indeed: he played 32 games as a freshman, 18 as a sophomore, 34 as a junior and just 13 as a senior. And since he grew up just a town away from Durham, I'm sure it's especially difficult to finish his collegiate career injured, as he has been (assuming of course the effects of his concussion don't allow him to play anymore this season.) I always enjoyed watching him play, and hope that he is able to return to the ice at some level very soon. And most of all, I thank him (and the rest of the seniors) for their 4 years at UNH, and wish each good health and a satisfying career, whatever and wherever that may be.

Leave a comment:

• Darius
    replied

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
    In [URL="http://www.concordmonitor.com/sports/4964717-95/team-season-weekend-hockey"]A really sad situation.
    Truly. Hard to imagine what he and his family must be going through. This is not where they expected to be 4 years after he entered UNH. At this point just leading a healthy and productive life might be a win for him.

Leave a comment:

• C-H-C
    replied

In Drew Bonifant's article, Coach Umile says Greg Burke's "not close (to coming back)."
    A really sad situation. He always gave the Wildcats 100%.

Leave a comment:

• C-H-C
    replied

Injury update from Al Pike:
    Greg Burke still out with concussion.
    Jeff Silengo (concussion) skated this week; not expected to play against Maine.

Leave a comment:

• unh1982
    replied

With school break not sure on attendance.

Leave a comment:

• New Hampshire 'Cats Fan
    replied

Getting amped up for the games this weekend!!

Here are video highlights of the last time Maine visited Durham for a weekend series:

Game 1:

Game 2:

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied
    quiet might be a good thing , perhaps in the past we have been burned one too many times , kind of like the old redsox .... so we are trying a different approach .... no expectations .... Think Whitehead said it best since xmas Maine has 8 wins UNH has 7 wins ..... very scary indeed .
    Yeah but i wanted to bump your thread. If we get home ice i want Maine

Leave a comment:

• unh1982
    replied

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    i guess you'd have to call it that.................are you guys playing this weekend? pretty quiet in here for such a big weekend
    quiet might be a good thing , perhaps in the past we have been burned one too many times , kind of like the old redsox .... so we are trying a different approach .... no expectations .... Think Whitehead said it best since xmas Maine has 8 wins UNH has 7 wins ..... very scary indeed .

Leave a comment:

• Aerman
    replied

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    i guess you'd have to call it that.................are you guys playing this weekend? pretty quiet in here for such a big weekend
    Chatter is in the game(s) thread.

Leave a comment:

• sterlippo1
    replied

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
    If the goalie loses his mask as what would otherwise have been the game-winning goal is scored, is that "puck luck?"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X