X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2012-2013 - Locked, Loaded, And Ready To Roar <<<<<

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
    And what is a bit of a broken record around these parts. I think its a real mistake for the administration not to have a commitment and plan to raise all sports to D-I. I have no illusion of the undertaking of this project, but we have come to expect great things at RIT.
    For the record, I think it would be a mistake to go D-I in all sports, especially so soon after bringing the hockey teams up. The hockey-only approach has worked well for RPI, St.L, Clarkson, and Union for many years, and I think emulating that is the way to go for the foreseeable future.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
      For the record, I think it would be a mistake to go D-I in all sports, especially so soon after bringing the hockey teams up. The hockey-only approach has worked well for RPI, St.L, Clarkson, and Union for many years, and I think emulating that is the way to go for the foreseeable future.

Powers &8^]
      I agree, I think trying to do it all right away would end up creating more problems than positives.

Comment

Holy **** that was scary.
        RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
          I have a bad angle with America One.. but it looked like that 3rd Army goal shouldn't have been a problem for Watson.
          No, that was a really great goal by Richards. First three goals were on odd-man rushes.

Comment

Ed, I'm not sure which one of you guys said it tonight, but someone pointed out that this is the Tiger hockey we've been missing, or that we know and love, or however they worded it. I couldn't agree more: it seems to me like we've really been gelling since the start of 2013 -- even though we're 3-2 in that span, it seems like things are starting to click, and from what it sounded like from the WITR stream the Tigers came out and played hungry, energetic hockey tonight. Let's hope that who/whatever lit that fire underneath them makes sure it doesn't start to smolder out.

Comment

Just back from the game. I thought that all of the Army goals except one on the partial breakaway were goals that would of been difficult for any DI goalie to stop. The 4th and 5th goals the Army players were parked in front of Watson and were bang-bang, the 4th was a deflection, the 5th was a redirect right in front of the net. My take was that the RIT defense needed to do a better job clearing the front of the net. A win is a win and I think we will need to play better tomorrow if we want to take away more than just a split. My Army friends sitting around me were impressed with RIT's stick handling and passing but Army is big and strong and give 110% and that hustle results in goals. No one except Niagara has come into Tate rink and thoroughly dominated Army, I expect a close game tomorrow which has been announced as a sellout. The RIT fans in attendance were great with their "R - I - T" chants which is unusual for the Army crowd which are not used to that level of support for a visiting team. It obviously got to some folks as kids around me started to chant "sucks" after every "R-I-T" chant, which was kind of humorous. Just glad that we won. I'll put some pictures up on Picassa shortly.
              Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 01-18-2013, 10:18 PM.
              RPI Engineers
              RIT Tigers
              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

https://picasaweb.google.com/1066947...eat=directlink
                RPI Engineers
                RIT Tigers
                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Power play from tonight..please excuse the first 20 secs or so...

I'm editing this post because for some reason the embedded version of this video is choppy, here's the direct link on youtube.

http://youtu.be/D_dFY-UxcwE
                  Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 01-18-2013, 10:55 PM. Reason: Choppy Embedded Video
                  RPI Engineers
                  RIT Tigers
                  ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Nice to see a W ... now a sweep on the road over a team higher in the standings and I might be able to begin that turn from a pessimist to an optimist.

(For this season, that is. I remain an optimist for next season, by definition.)

And I must admit I take a little joy in the HC victory!
                    -M

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                      Power play from tonight..please excuse the first 20 secs or so...

I'm editing this post because for some reason the embedded version of this video is choppy, here's the direct link on youtube.

http://youtu.be/D_dFY-UxcwE
                      That's great quality actually, better than the A1 feed! How about UStreaming the game live tonight if you can! : )

Comment

There were quite a few games that turned out in our favor last night!

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
                        Nice to see a W ... now a sweep on the road over a team higher in the standings and I might be able to begin that turn from a pessimist to an optimist.

(For this season, that is. I remain an optimist for next season, by definition.)

And I must admit I take a little joy in the HC victory!
                        RIT Tigers

Comment

Working...
                        X