X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS 2012-2013 - Locked, Loaded, And Ready To Roar <<<<<

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
    The closest AHA team to them in the RPI is Mercyhurst. Niagara is well above both of them. (RIT is well below both).

But perhaps more telling is that their fans on the St.L. thread seem very pleased with a split. They are struggling this year, as is RIT. A split is good to see, but this wasn't a "huge" weekend for RIT (or St. L.)
    St. Lawrence started out well, but they were in a bad slump going into the RIT series. They went 0-for-December. That will make you happy to see a win anytime.
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

The Bentley thread has already started up. They get press from the website Excaluber Sports, and if you read that - the Falcons are looking for revenge and have not forgotten last year's quarterfinals. The site also claimed Bentley was the better team that series.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
        Overall, I think it was a good weekend for the team. Can anyone speculate on how "good" St. Lawrence is compared to AHA teams? Are they on-par with Niagara?
        When I saw St. Lawrence earlier in the year at Cornell I thought they were a mediocre ECAC team. They seemed fairly fast and counterattacked well, but there was nothing special about them.

Originally posted by RITProf View Post
        The closest AHA team to them in the RPI is Mercyhurst. Niagara is well above both of them. (RIT is well below both).

But perhaps more telling is that their fans on the St.L. thread seem very pleased with a split. They are struggling this year, as is RIT. A split is good to see, but this wasn't a "huge" weekend for RIT (or St. L.)
        I am disappointed in you Prof. You really used RPI to measure teams?

Without getting on my soapbox, I would submit the KRACH comparison:

Rank Team Rating
        23. Niagara 123.2
        35. Holy Cross 86.0
        41. St. Lawrence 65.9
        47. Mercyhurst 52.0
        56. RIT 25.9

I picked Niagara because someone mentioned them, and then the AHA team closest above and below StL and then RIT. So, I think that based upon those statistics RIT had a good weekend.

In my personal opinion it was minimally a step in the right direction heading back into the bulk of the AHA schedule and more than likely a good moral booster.

The one thing that, and it has been mentioned by others, is the very disturbing amount of SHG that is being given up. Bottom line is that they are killers that need to be stopped.
        My Four Favorite teams:
        RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
        Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
          The Bentley thread has already started up. They get press from the website Excaluber Sports, and if you read that - the Falcons are looking for revenge and have not forgotten last year's quarterfinals. The site also claimed Bentley was the better team that series.
          Excalibur is run by Bentley's radio guy, who is so prolific that it could be a commercial site. He won't be making the trip because he chose a lousy time to have a life, so their poor fans will again be stuck listening to WITR. They were not fans of ours when we broadcasted the quarterfinals last year.

Comment

I had the pleasure of doing the SLU games with Nick Phelan and the games were two of the most exciting ones I've seen in a while. SLU I think will be good preparation for Bentley. SLU is a finesse team but got physical when they needed to. Very offensively minded with a couple of the best players in the league up front and some defenseman who set them up well - very similar to Bentley. I think Bentley's goaltending may be better than SLUs.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
              The site also claimed Bentley was the better team that series.
              *pointing to scoreboard*

Comment

That article was a little over the top I think I've never thought of Bentley as a "rival" either
                RIT Tigers
                Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Just saw in the Atlantic Hockey post:

On Saturday, members of Hockey This Morning on “SiruisXM’s NHL Network Radio” will be in attendance to check out the Ritter Arena atmosphere and college game.
                  - http://www.atlantichockeyonline.com/...ywinners010713

Comment

Originally posted by Zyklon View Post
                    Just saw in the Atlantic Hockey post:

- http://www.atlantichockeyonline.com/...ywinners010713
                    Boy, talk about burying the lead!

Powers &8^]

Comment

A little earlier, someone (I don't feel like looking it up because it doesn't matter) criticized the corner for not being as creative as they used to be. While the argument is sound, and so are the reasons (having to coordinate cheers among a larger number, etc.) I'd like to stir up the creative juices a little and offer a challenge.

Do something with this

Perhaps after a Zwiegle's sponsorship rink announcement?

Let me know if something gets done.
                      Even though I'm out in CT now, I still want to help make the Tiger's home ice the best it can be.
                      RIT HOCKEY!!!
                      You know what I mean.

RIP Mikita

. . . don't worry we'll figure out who bothman is someday, not that anyone cares.

[.+0 :=oo:] My Wii-pon of choice.

What do you want YOUR legacy to be?

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                        That article was a little over the top I think I've never thought of Bentley as a "rival" either
                        It's certainly written by and for a Bentley audience.

Interesting that he believes his team outplayed us given we scored one more goal than they did, and also picked up a shutout.

Either way, I'm sure Bentley is coming in with more of a feeling of rivalry than we are. As he notes, we haven't lost to them in the regular season in several years, so I don't know that RIT really feels threatened by them.
                        RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                          As he notes, we haven't lost to them in the regular season in several years, so I don't know that RIT really feels threatened by them.
                          I'm of the mindset that RIT needs to treat every game here on out with immense severity. Every point up for grabs needs to be game 7 of the Stanley Cup otherwise I don't see us moving up in the standings.
                          RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                            I'm of the mindset that RIT needs to treat every game here on out with immense severity. Every point up for grabs needs to be game 7 of the Stanley Cup otherwise I don't see us moving up in the standings.
                            I agree, at a minimum split the points of the remaining games with the Western Pod teams and hope to take 3 of 4 points from the remaining games with the Eastern Pod teams. It's a tall order, but that would at least allow us to host a 1st round playoff series.
                            RPI Engineers
                            RIT Tigers
                            ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                              Never thought of 'Excalibur Sports' as my 'go to' site for sports information! :
                              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                                Never thought of 'Excalibur Sports' as my 'go to' site for sports information! :
                                But but that's where "glory and honor await"
                                RIT Tigers
                                Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                                Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                                Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X