Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine 2012 - The Good, the Bad, or the Ugly??

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    OMG, Gionta and Gerbe were both as dirty as they come, especially Gionta
    Patrick Eaves ALMOST KILLED SOMEONE.

Comment

OMG, Gionta and Gerbe were both as dirty as they come
      You're kidding, right? How many Game DQ's did those two get? They may have both been pretty liberal with their stick work, but rarely if ever did they endanger anyones health out on the ice like Diamond does on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
        Patrick Eaves ALMOST KILLED SOMEONE.
        Yeah and it's well documented that every "non-biased" announcer, analyst, coach, player & sportswriter in the country said it was a complete accident and not one bit dirty on Eaves' part.

Comment

Merrimack fan who also has an allegiance to Maine...who also happens to hate BC. I was at the game. Pat Eaves did not intend to injure Exter. End of story. Exter came racing out of the net. I dislike BC and their hoops and football team have had their share of thuggery, but Jerry York is a stand up man who has run a clean and winning program.

Comment

Is Diamond expected to play today against UNB?

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
              Merrimack fan who also has an allegiance to Maine...who also happens to hate BC. I was at the game. Pat Eaves did not intend to injure Exter. End of story. Exter came racing out of the net. I dislike BC and their hoops and football team have had their share of thuggery, but Jerry York is a stand up man who has run a clean and winning program.
              THANK YOU!! Unfortunately, if something is said enough, people start believing it, as in the case of the Exter hit. Now if you want to talk about over the top thuggery, look no further than Prestin Ryan's viscious boarding of Tony Voce about 10 seconds after he scored a goal, though I'm sure Maine fans will insist it really wasn't "that" bad.....
              Last edited by carltonbarrett; 10-07-2012, 09:46 AM.

Comment

i just deleted 2 responses to this dolt.
                I cannot tell if he works for MSNBC or Fox, but he sure sees the world from an odd perspective

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                  THANK YOU!! Unfortunately, if something is said enough, people start believing it, as in the case of the Exter hit. Now if you want to talk about over the top thuggery, look no further than Prestin Ryan's viscious boarding of Tony Voce about 10 seconds after he scored a goal, though I'm sure Maine fans will insist it really wasn't "that" bad.....
                  That was awesome, Tony Voce never got within 50 ft of prestin ever again
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

You're kidding, right? How many Game DQ's did those two get? They may have both been pretty liberal with their stick work, but rarely if ever did they endanger anyones health out on the ice like Diamond does on a regular basis.
                    Liberal with their stick work? Gionta carved folks up like the they were the Christmas goose.
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by mebearfan View Post
                      Wow, I can't believe I'm reading you all think Diamond's hit was clean. It was a hit from behind and he deserved the 5 min. major. First game of the season and he can't even make it to the third period.
                      the broadcast announcers did not think it deserved 5, walrus did not think so.
                      and the refs were not all that certain, or they would have tossed him instantly rather than had a pow wow for a minute.

Comment

That was awesome, Tony Voce never got within 50 ft of prestin ever again
                        kinda odd that the most deserving victim in the history of hockey east is used as the yardstick for a dirty hit.

it is just not worth trying to discuss anything with anyone whose attitude begins with "my collar is up"

Comment

And don't forget Daren '"The Lumberjack" Haydar and Freddie "The Hack" Meyer.

The edge is what made these guys great players. Beloved by their fans and hated by many others. Occasionally dirty, always working it.

Contact to the head is a point of emphasis this year. Officials look to be getting the word out early. Didn't have to be a bad hit, just contact in the wrong place.
                          Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

You got that right...seems some people think it's the BC Angels err Eagles................

Comment

I was there and it was a dirty hit,no need of it,but it's NOT just a Maine player....College Hockey teams all have a few that over do it.

Comment

Game today still at 4:00, even with the Pats game?
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X