X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Originally posted by Happy Husky View Post
    Short statement from Wade MacLeod's family,praying for you brother!

http://falconsahl.com/index.php?id=2420
    got this tidbit from the falcons website at the end of the press release for rescheduling the game....

The Feb. 17 game was postponed due to an on-ice seizure suffered by Falcons forward Wade MacLeod, who has since been released from Baystate Medical Center, is in good spirits, and is resting comfortably.
    Originally posted by Bakunin
    Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

UMass by a field goal (at the least)..
      tonight.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Did anyone ever put together that petition? If not, the problem is now that there's nobody at the games anymore to sign it.
        Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
          tonight.

Huskies in OT 5-4!

Big 2 points to stay alive
          Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Wow a big 2 points to keep the slim playoff hopes alive. Great time for Mountain's first win and Manson's first goal.

Comment

Very Happy with that win! anyone else like the 1 minute puck carry by Roy!,the win just made my night!

As a Husky fan,little victories seem huge and I for one am thankful!

Proverbs 27:7 "A person who is full refuses honey, but even bitter food tastes sweet to the hungry."

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                tonight.
                So.. we got a field goal & safety of our own..
                ..UMass sucks.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

oh & with the heavy rain & fog tonight.. downright treacherous driving out there.. especially on the Pike.

glad for any & all Husky fans that made the trek.. safe travels.
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
                    Huskies in OT 5-4!

Big 2 points to stay alive
                    Well they at least gave me a reason to go on Saturday. Need a split against PC to set up a big weekend in Orono.
                    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Who says Northeastern football is dead..

http://mobile.boston.com/art/22/spor...riots_make_i_1

.. still undefeated this season again :-)
                      thks again Roby! ..those $$avings helping hockey big time
                      That's awesome for Vega. I remember his days at Brockton, he was a beast back then but there are plenty of kids you see make big splashes at the high school level go to BC or wherever and then never amount to anything professionally. Played in the greatest high school game I've ever seen, Brockton's 22-21 Super Bowl win vs Everett who at the time had some ridiculous 3 year undefeated streak of 30+ games. That was a fun trip down high school football memory lane, anyway back to hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                        Well they at least gave me a reason to go on Saturday. Need a split against PC to set up a big weekend in Orono.
                        ..decisions, decisions!.. why NU why?.. I just do not see us making up some of our bad (read goaltending) losses.. tail end here.
                        If we do.. watch out to whomever we play.. playoff rd1.. but it will not get to that.

Providence is well in the playoff hunt..
                        a (BIG) reason.. you guessed it.. Gillies.
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

..decisions, decisions!.. why NU why?.. I just do not see us making up some of our bad (read goaltending) losses.. tail end here.
                          If we do.. watch out to whomever we play.. playoff rd1.. but it will not get to that.

Providence is well in the playoff hunt..
                          a (BIG) reason.. you guessed it.. Gillies.
                          Yeah it sucks he didn't come here, but eventually you have to let it go. It happens everywhere, go talk to the Michigan fans. The last 2 years the #1 goaltending prospect backed out on them over the summer. This is not just an NU problem.
                          Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
                            Yeah it sucks he didn't come here, but eventually you have to let it go. It happens everywhere, go talk to the Michigan fans. The last 2 years the #1 goaltending prospect backed out on them over the summer. This is not just an NU problem.
                            Fair enough Steve.. don't know if he backed out or (more likely) had his back against the wall with wrong signals from the U.. just ironic that the team that will put us out of our misery this wknd, will do so on the backs of stellar goaltending.. something we have been starved for..

moving on..

here is a refreshing link to article..
                            (true fan of college hockey.. good for her).. thnks College Hockey Inc. for providing info on this..

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...rience-675957/

GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                              Haha gives me a reason to go Friday. Living in Taunton it's a lot easier to get to Schneider than Matthews. It's a road game so they might have a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrocktonNU View Post
                                ..It's a road game so they might have a chance.
                                I almost ran out to get my fries for freeeeeeee.. last night, then realized..ZooMass was road (kill) goals :-)

..okay in all seriousness, Friar HC is showing Union was no fluke.. I'm afraid, Providence isn't either.. Huskies will need all the support they can get - road, home or otherwise.

I'll be there Sat hoping for miracle..but also to watch Gillies in person, first time this season.
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X