This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Why can't Madigan just stick with one goalie, they both suck, but at least give a non senior a chance! I mean what is the benefit at all of starting Mountain, who hasn't won a game this year in 8 tries! For Christ sake at least put the lessor Roy in the f-ing net. The 2nd goal that Mountain let in was so soft, that it reminded me of a Pee Wee goal in town hockey. This may be the worst season in the modern history of NU. Pathetic, there might have been a 1000 people in the stands, if that.

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
      Why can't Madigan just stick with one goalie, they both suck, but at least give a non senior a chance! I mean what is the benefit at all of starting Mountain, who hasn't won a game this year in 8 tries! For Christ sake at least put the lessor Roy in the f-ing net. The 2nd goal that Mountain let in was so soft, that it reminded me of a Pee Wee goal in town hockey. This may be the worst season in the modern history of NU. Pathetic, there might have been a 1000 people in the stands, if that.
      I don't know if that is Mountain's worst goal against all year. Remember he did get beat by a shot from center ice vs BU.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky View Post
        That's really being a great fan! thanks so much,I am gonna lay low tonight and watch it,I wouldn't want to leave my children at home as I am raising them to be Huskies fans,so until I can afford three I will stay local and watch it online,you are very generous though,I will remember that kindness.have a great time at the game!
        Happy Husky, please call me. I will set your family up with tickets. Let me know which game you want.
        Last edited by MidwestSticks; 02-17-2013, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestSticks View Post
          Happy Husky, please call me. I will set your family up with tickets. Let me know which game you want.
          Thank you brother,what a blessing that is,I will give you a call before Tuesday, we are in the 508 area code 468 exchange to know me on your caller ID,I have your number,you might want to erase it from the post I was hoping to go to the BU game on March 8th 4 Tickets if possible,that just made watching a tough loss night much more tolerable,thanks again for the kindness!

Comment

Terrible team chemistry.. lackluster effort.. especially in the 3rd last period last night. Season is toast. Both goals actually, were pretty soft. UVM is a dreadful team themselves.. least some of their guys play above their potential, coming on the road & earning the points.

I too agree with the headscratcher decision.. why Mountain now? Rawlings faced UVM Friday in a 2-1 loss.. that is not a bad score. Finish it out with him.
            We needed the 2 points.. goes back to lack of D1 coaching experience among many other things (behind that bench). Team played well under their individual potential last night. Each and every one of them. Very tough to watch (much less cheer) these Huskies right now.

The other Huskies.. (one that just won their 16th Beanpot), completely another story..
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Scoring 2 goals all weekend isn't going to get it done against any team..
              hopefully some additional firepower coming for nxt season?..

http://umdbulldogcountry.blogspot.co...d-players.html

(scroll down for 2013, 14..)

Thanks BulldogCountry for compiling this.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post

I too agree with the headscratcher decision.. why Mountain now? Rawlings faced UVM Friday in a 2-1 loss.. that is not a bad score. Finish it out with him.
                We needed the 2 points.. goes back to lack of D1 coaching experience among many other things (behind that bench). Team played well under their individual potential last night. Each and every one of them. Very tough to watch (much less cheer) these Huskies right now.
                Very simple.. He played Mountain last night because he didn't want Rawlings toi play 3 games in five nights, and because Mountain no longer represents a big drop-off from Rawlings and because Mountain probably desevered a start and because this was probably his last chance to play against his brother. That's why.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                  ..because Mountain probably desevered a start and because this was probably his last chance to play against his brother. That's why.
                  ..you gotta be kidding Ryecheers. We are (were) chasing HE points..

now we are a D1 program (however laugable) giving in to family considerations against HE opponents?

Far as 3 gms in 5 nights.. if we did indeed make it to the HE playoffs any other year (as this one seems out).. i got news for you.. if it goes to 3 games.. you ride the goalie with experience. You ride your #1 goalie in absence of a solid tandem. It has been done before.. it continues.. it will be done again.

I enjoy your posts & insight quite a bit.. but i'm afraid.. there are too many Madigan apologists on campus. Sincerely hope you are not turning into one. I value your unbiased (and quite informative) posts. Let's agree to disagree on this one.
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...eizure-on-ice/

Hoping for good news here.
                    Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                      ..yikes. thks for the link. Godspeed, get well Wade!
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

just a little more on Wade Macleod....http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...spend-01030673
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Short statement from Wade MacLeod's family,praying for you brother!

http://falconsahl.com/index.php?id=2420

Comment

Who says Northeastern football is dead..

http://mobile.boston.com/art/22/spor...riots_make_i_1

.. still undefeated this season again :-)
                            thks again Roby! ..those $$avings helping hockey big time
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Roby must go!
                              Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky Victory! View Post
                                Roby must go!
                                ..yes. And i'm afraid.. (fine let's wait another season).. gotta look at Mad Dog as well.

LaPlante, still coaching down in Houston.. doing a fine job. Let's get a Coach who 'gets it'.. before Comm Ave chooses theirs. Young guns need leadership. **** our AD's office is inept far as men's hockey is concerned! JM, you love the program.. that is why you will make the right call (hopefully sooner.. rather than later). We were pitted 6th this yr.. this is ridiculous.
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X