X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Originally posted by BrocktonNU View Post
    Hey guys, new here. Just decided to pursue my masters at NU so it's time to get behind my new school and team. Grew up my whole life a BC fan (though never attended the school) across the board so mediocrity is nothing new to me. Was a casual BC Hockey fan but now trading in my maroon and gold for Husky black and red. Since I really only followed college hockey to track NHL prospects, I got a lot to learn. Looking forward to taking in a game at Matthews in the near future. Happy holidays!
    Hey Brother! welcome to the Forum,what a blessing to be able to attend Northeastern,many,like myself would dream to have went,I wish you the best and contrary to what some might say you have chosen a fine program to root for,yes they are at a low right now,but you never know a few things can change and your tops in the country,not to mention the overall quality in Hockey East.,I look forward to reading your posts,Merry Christmas and Go Huskies!!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Husky View Post
      Hey Brother! welcome to the Forum,what a blessing to be able to attend Northeastern,many,like myself would dream to have went,I wish you the best and contrary to what some might say you have chosen a fine program to root for,yes they are at a low right now,but you never know a few things can change and your tops in the country,not to mention the overall quality in Hockey East.,I look forward to reading your posts,Merry Christmas and Go Huskies!!
      Thanks for the warm welcome. I know what it's like to wish to attend a great institution and not be able to that's why I am going to pursue my Masters there because screwing around in high school basically took me out of going to any of my "dream schools" for my undergrad. Ended up at Curry College where I got my act together academically and got my Bachelors and have been able to put myself in a position to still go to a great institution like NU for my Masters. Not enrolling til next fall though. Ya times seem to be tough for NU hockey right now but I do admire a good fan base in midst of mediocrity. Go Huskies!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
        Welcome aboard! Hope your liver is ready to be an NU fan.
        Haha I've had to dial back a bit, pretty much pushed my liver to the brink during my undergrad years at Curry College (especially during senior week when I was hospitalized for alcohol withdrawal the night before commencement, I'd like to think maybe I have matured just a little since then), but I can still put down a few.

Comment

HappyHusky, BrocktonNU..
          dont mind me asking this.. but..

are you two for real?.. (cause if you are.. i know we are in.. (what the heck.. its the holidays).. we are in.. we are in..
          good hands
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            HappyHusky, BrocktonNU..
            dont mind me asking this.. but..

are you two for real?.. (cause if you are.. i know we are in.. (what the heck.. its the holidays).. we are in.. we are in..
            good hands
            Funny stuff,and yes we are in good hands!

Allow me to paint a picture,as far as being a hockey fan in general,I have been a Bruins fan since I was a wee lad(70's-present) and they stunk for alot of years and the years them did ok it was always a matter of ownership (Jacobs) not paying the money to get top talent and keep them and I was mocked every month,every year after year after year,and so they win a cup and here's a shocker everyone is a Bruins fan,no one loves you if you don't win championships,but I did,because they played with heart,apply these same truths to Huskies hockey,I still get grief from the fans of the big winners in Hockey East,sometime arrogance,I think to myself,I'm happy your team is doing well because I am thankful that this area has the greatest Hockey in the world and forbid that I should take it for granted I am thankful for my Huskies and over the years they have had some rough spots and good years and they also have played with much heart and their fans are hands down the best,I love the underdog and one day my Huskies will win a "Pot" and the Championship too,am I angry at some AD decisions yes,I would be numb not to and other issues also.but I will stick by them thick and thin,they are my team!

As a family man,living paycheck to paycheck and wanting to raise my children right,including being Hockey fans,NU is a dream come true I can afford a couple a games a year and I can share what every parent should be able to do and that's take their children to thier favorite teams games,10 dollars for tickets for the children is a God-send and I can live the Hockey fans american dream to share a live game with them,I am deeply thankful for my team,even if they stink up the house I will support them,thanks for listening to my rant-God Bless You all,Merry Christmas,Happy New Year and Go Huskies!!!!
            Last edited by Happy Husky; 12-21-2012, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Funny stuff,and yes we are in good hands!

Allow me to paint a picture,as far as being a hockey fan in general,I have been a Bruins fan since I was a wee lad(70's-present) and they stunk for alot of years and the years them did ok it was always a matter of ownership (Jacobs) not paying the money to get top talent and keep them and I was mocked every month,every year after year after year,and so they win a cup and here's a shocker everyone is a Bruins fan,no one loves you if you don't win championships,but I did,because they played with heart,apply these same truths to Huskies hockey,I still get grief from the fans of the big winners in Hockey East,sometime arrogance,I think to myself,I'm happy your team is doing well because I am thankful that this area has the greatest Hockey in the world and forbid that I should take it for granted I am thankful for my Huskies and over the years they have had some rough spots and good years and they also have played with much heart and their fans are hands down the best,I love the underdog and one day my Huskies will win a "Pot" and the Championship too,am I angry at some AD decisions yes,I would be numb not to and other issues also.but I will stick by them thick and thin,they are my team!

As a family man,living paycheck to paycheck and wanting to raise my children right,including being Hockey fans,NU is a dream come true I can afford a couple a games a year and I can share what every parent should be able to do and that's take their children to thier favorite teams games,10 dollars for tickets for the children is a God-send and I can live the Hockey fans american dream to share a live game with them,I am deeply thankful for my team,even if they stink up the house I will support them,thanks for listening to my rant-God Bless You all,Merry Christmas,Happy New Year and Go Huskies!!!!
              I hear ya with the Bruins, being 25 all I had really known was mediocrity and then flat out inept hockey until 2011. There's a certain amount of satisfaction of watching your team climb the mountain after being so bad and playing in front of a half empty TD Garden. I remember I was at Joe Thornton's first game back in Boston, in the 2005-2006 season Raycroft got lit up for something like 5 goals quickly and this nobody goalie named Tim Thomas came in to relieve him, who would have thought in the next 5 years Thomas would capture two Vezinas, a Conn Smythe, and lead the Bruins who had been the laughing stock of Boston sports for so long to a Stanley Cup. Things can change quick. Being new to NU hockey there's still excitement about going to Matthews for the first time and I have yet to build up anger toward the program and the powers that be like I had with Jacobs and the Bruins. Was pretty excited that my new NU jersey arrived just in time for XMas though. Go Huskies!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                This is not a rebuild, this is a joke. And it will not get better. Mark my words. Until Roby is gone, realizes his mistake or we get a real coach. Maybe the captain's practices over break get us a couple wins. Viewed as a good coach by who? Loyalists who cannot see the light.

Askew to BU by the way. That didn't take long.
                From Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia.
                “Johnny Gaudreau (born August 13, 1993) is an American ice hockey player who is currently playing for the Boston College Eagles men's ice hockey team in the NCAA Men's Division I Hockey East conference.[1] He was selected by the Calgary Flames in the 4th round (104th overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.[2] He originally signed a Letter of Intent to play with Hockey East rival Northeastern University but opted for Boston College when Northeastern Hockey coach Greg Cronin resigned in June 2011, to take a position with the Toronto Maple Leafs.”
                Thank you Peter Roby!

Comment

From USHR

8. Nathan Ferriero, F, ’94 (Governor’s/Northeastern) — There is no player in prep hockey with a more lethal shot than the Northeastern recruit. When he plays smart and stays out the penalty box he is a lot to handle.
                  Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
                    From USHR
                    When he plays smart and stays out the penalty box he is a lot to handle.
                    This is a Ferriero family tradition.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
                      From USHR

8. Nathan Ferriero, F, ’94 (Governor’s/Northeastern) — There is no player in prep hockey with a more lethal shot than the Northeastern recruit. When he plays smart and stays out the penalty box he is a lot to handle.
                      Uh oh.
                      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Finally,Hockey is back!,Saturday's game is online,but it's $9.95,just may have to "bite the bullet" and buy it,either way I'm excited to see some action!

http://client.stretchinternet.com/cl...arvard.portal#

Comment

According to Husky Hockey News.. Forward Michael Jamieson (Lawrence Academy; currently in the EJ).. coming to NU nxt year.
                          Well, something.. anything to help. Anyway, g'luck to the team versus the Crimson Saturday. Safe & Happy New Year to all.
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Finally,Hockey is back!,Saturday's game is online,but it's $9.95,just may have to "bite the bullet"...
                            ...or you can watch for free if you get WBIN-TV (according to gonu.com)
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                              According to Husky Hockey News.. Forward Michael Jamieson (Lawrence Academy; currently in the EJ).. coming to NU nxt year.
                              Well, something.. anything to help. Anyway, g'luck to the team versus the Crimson Saturday. Safe & Happy New Year to all.
                              Older brother John played for Merrimack.
                              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Couple observations from the Harvard gm thus far.. the Crimson TV announcers are some of the more balanced, unbiased i have heard in a while..
                                and.. though Cody Ferriero's got 2 goals tonight.. he is a punk. Confirmed.

Hope Nathan is more like Benn.
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X