Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
    You are an ignorant moron who is never happy or satisfied for very long by anything "your team" accomplishes.
    Again being the bigger man and putting insults from older men aside, I will try to respond productively here.

    I am not satisfied with a 10th place finish and missing the playoffs again.
    I am not satisfied that we let the top goalie recruit leave.
    I am not satisfied with the direction of the program.

    By your comment, I can only assume that you are satisfied with the state of the program now.


    And again the problem is ultimately with Roby. Madigan is valuable to the program just not as head coach.
    Doghouse Class of 2004

    Hockey East Fan of the Year 2004
    NU "Superfan" Award winner 2004

    Comment


    • Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

      While its easier to just call me a moron or loser, I would love to actually hear some answers.

      Who is at fault for not having a goalie recruit?
      Who is at fault for letting Gillies go? Follow up, do you even disagree with what happened?
      Who is at fault for back to back seasons missing the playoffs?

      Are you happy with the program? Follow up, if so what will it take for you to change your opinion?
      Doghouse Class of 2004

      Hockey East Fan of the Year 2004
      NU "Superfan" Award winner 2004

      Comment


      • Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

        Originally posted by NU Speed Racer View Post
        While its easier to just call me a moron or loser, I would love to actually hear some answers.

        Who is at fault for not having a goalie recruit?
        Who is at fault for letting Gillies go? Follow up, do you even disagree with what happened?
        Who is at fault for back to back seasons missing the playoffs?

        Are you happy with the program? Follow up, if so what will it take for you to change your opinion?
        At least we agree on one thing: Roby absolutely assassinated the hockey program that Cronin was building with both fast acting and slow acting poisons.. He didn't care for Cronin - Couldn't get Cro to kiss his ring and gave his program the death penalty for a minor misdemeanor. Then Roby hired a guy that he was comfortable with, a guy with outstanding people skills, but who lacked an extensive coaching resume.

        Madigan was blindsided by Rawlings decision to return to school after indicating that he wanted to turn pro. He simply wasn't offered a pro contract Gillies was to receive Rawlings scholarship and suddenly it wasn't there anymore. Also disappearing was Gillies' clear path to the #1 goalie position. Madigan had a dilemma. He couldn't yank Rawlings scholarship. What kind of a message would that send? The guy can be an outstanding goalie. He has several NU records to show for his efforts. Unfortunately he gives up more softies than we can survive and hasn't improved this year as we had hoped he would Who do you blame? Rawlings/his advisor for overestimating the market for his services?

        Here's a novel thought: Perhaps the blame lies with John Carratu, the goalie coach. There is no evidence that his coaching has improved Rawlings skills on bit. The same can be said for the job he didn't do in improving Witt or Mountain.
        Last edited by Ryecheers; 03-02-2013, 06:00 PM.

        Comment


        • Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

          Not wanting to get in the middle.. but.. what the heck..

          NU Speed Racer is a fan i'd like to have for/ as part of my hockey fanbase any day & i am glad he is a Husky fan! Do i agree with his posts 100% of the time.. of course not. Still, agree or disagree, he makes some good points. They are the stark truth.

          Of course it'll **** some people off. Hopefully one of these (years).. it'll **** the right people off & we'll have a competitive program once again after this massive correction.

          G'luck tonight team.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

          Comment


          • Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

            Well it's officially over. Only fitting that all playoff hopes officially slammed shut after blowing two more leads back to back nights and more atrocious goaltending from Rawlings.

            Comment


            • Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

              I will be at BU next Saturday night, was hoping they would still be alive. This team really got hurt by injuries and guys leaving. Manson was a forward tonight. This was a very tough season. He's cleaning out this team.
              Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

              Comment


              • Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

                Originally posted by steve66 View Post
                I will be at BU next Saturday night, was hoping they would still be alive. This team really got hurt by injuries and guys leaving. Manson was a forward tonight. This was a very tough season. He's cleaning out this team.
                Injuries can be a lame excuse but losing Roy on top of the other ones was really a killer, as a freshman the kid can be a one man team as we saw in the Beanpot. Injuries and atrocious goaltending did this team in at the end. I'll still be at Matthews Friday to cheer on the team one last time this season. It would be comical if we swept BU in such an atrocious season, not betting on it just saying. Hopefully Roy is back and a solid returning D core will put this team in a better position next year (yes I know there are gigantic questions at goalie).

                Comment


                • Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

                  Coaching 101: When down 5 pts with 3 games to go, and playing the team you are chasing, you PULL THE GOALIE in the final minute or two of the game when tied and go for the win.

                  Tie = Loss = Season's Over.

                  I can understand not doing it in regulation, but in OT you HAVE to pull the goalie. Naysayers can defend it but that was the single most obvious example of bad coaching.


                  I'm only going off of the game recap and it appears as though Mountain was still in the game with 20 seconds left. Box score also looks as though the goalie wasn't pull. If someone can confirm that they did pull him, I will retract.
                  Doghouse Class of 2004

                  Hockey East Fan of the Year 2004
                  NU "Superfan" Award winner 2004

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NU Speed Racer View Post
                    Coaching 101: When down 5 pts with 3 games to go, and playing the team you are chasing, you PULL THE GOALIE in the final minute or two of the game when tied and go for the win.

                    Tie = Loss = Season's Over.

                    I can understand not doing it in regulation, but in OT you HAVE to pull the goalie. Naysayers can defend it but that was the single most obvious example of bad coaching.


                    I'm only going off of the game recap and it appears as though Mountain was still in the game with 20 seconds left. Box score also looks as though the goalie wasn't pull. If someone can confirm that they did pull him, I will retract.
                    Madigan pulled Mountain in final 10-15 seconds.
                    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

                    Comment


                    • Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

                      Yeah, the goalie moves have been f ing ridiculous...however having had JM in one of my classes when I was a Freshman I am convinced IQ is <100. NU had lots of these types in 1985. LOL. His best quality is that he is a big fat *** kisser, but let's face it, in this society an AK can go far.

                      We are so screwed from a program perspective, as clearly it will take a small miracle to have this team in the HE playoffs within the next 2 years and aside form perhaps a few people on this Forum and on the Die Hard Huskies site nobody really seems to give a fat rats ***.

                      I saw the BB game yesterday, it was Sr. Day, and saw “Slappy Roby” in person, smiling like he is doing a great job. He is so a BB guy and not a Hockey man, yet in spite of his revered presence and affirmative action inspired “Aura”, our Huskies still managed to lose at home to a team that had only won 3 league games, before about 1500 eventually disappointed fans who had actually paid for admission. BTW, that BB program if a total joke too! The Colonial is not nearly, what it was 5 years ago, with the VCU departure and soon to go ODU and GSU. My ear on the tracks tells me that GMU will eventually follow and bam suddenly it’s not a mid major by any stretch of the imagination any longer!

                      In fact, our old foes in the America East with Stony Brook, Albany and VT are likely a better basketball League in DIV 1, at this very moment.

                      I am really giving up on NU sports in general, as they are quickly becoming the NYU of Boston from a political, academic and philosophical perspective. I have 2 tix to NU for Friday which I am giving away to a couple of the Co-ops I hired this semester and I have 4 for Sat at BU, which I am keeping primarily for the access to beer in the stands and the fact that the seats are on the glass at center ice, not to mention the fact that they cost me >160 bucks. I went to grad school at BU for 3 years and I would consider changing my hockey allegiance, but that program appears to be on its way down too, JP looks ancient and tired behind the bench so I have to tell you the Terriers are likely need a coaching change too, in order to stay competitive in the 21st century.

                      Anyway, hoping to at least see if we can beat BU perhaps 3 or perhaps even 4 times this year. It’s March and this will be my last post until we have a new thread that hatches in the Fall for the 2013-14 season of pain. It was great arguing with you all, have a great Spring and Summer.

                      Let’s face it this was far and away the most disappointing season I have ever seen, in spite of the arrival of K-Roy the boy wonder, who is the best offensive player NU has ever had, and I started following the team in 1983. Fact is, I currently see way too many holes, to make NU even remotely successful anytime soon. In fact, I don’t see the glass as empty or full , I see it as totally empty, and it’s the reality of this sad fact that absolutly kills me.

                      I expect more departures and signings lost to be a trend until JM is gone.

                      C-ya when the leaves turn shades of red and brown.
                      Last edited by RossiRules; 03-03-2013, 08:02 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

                        Roby showed up at the women's playoff game last night for the first period. Didn't see him after that. Trying to make it look like he cares about hockey.
                        Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

                        Comment


                        • Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

                          Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                          Yeah, the goalie moves have been f ing ridiculous...however having had JM in one of my classes when I was a Freshman I am convinced IQ is <100. NU had lots of these types in 1985. LOL. His best quality is that he is a big fat *** kisser, but let's face it, in this society an AK can go far.

                          We are so screwed from a program perspective, as clearly it will take a small miracle to have this team in the HE playoffs within the next 2 years and aside form perhaps a few people on this Forum and on the Die Hard Huskies site nobody really seems to give a fat rats ***.
                          Everyone makes the playoffs from now on so we don't have to worry about that.
                          Northeastern Huskies

                          Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                          Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

                          Comment


                          • Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

                            Thank you Seniors. Will miss both BU gms (had hoped to catch the team beyond that wknd)..

                            Very disappointing season to say the least. Especially in light of additional stronger hockey programs around us now (Mack, Lowell & Providence).. all rolling in the right direction.

                            Hope (someday soon).. Sebastian LaPlante is a part of NU Hockey once again.
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

                            Comment


                            • Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

                              Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
                              I went to grad school at BU for 3 years and I would consider changing my hockey allegiance, but that program appears to be on its way down too, JP looks ancient and tired behind the bench so I have to tell you the Terriers are likely need a coaching change too, in order to stay competitive in the 21st century...
                              y'all are welcome any time
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

                                On a lighter note.. Rawlings does not make this save standing in front of net..


                                GO NU HOCKEY
                                Always bullish on the future.
                                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X