DRoy???
    Originally posted by fahey4prez View Post
    DRoy
    DRoy!

Leave a comment:

• AdamBC
    replied
    Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

Looks like NU is trying to fill Matthews for the remaining home games: https://www.livingsocial.com/events/...-hockey-ticket

Leave a comment:

• fahey4prez
    replied
    Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    DRoy???
    DRoy

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied
    Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    DRoy???
    ..quick catch
    :-)

Leave a comment:

• Agganis
    replied

DRoy???

Leave a comment:

• steve66
    replied

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
    Well..... the reasonable assumption is that KRoy didn't play this season because he wasn't better than Rawlings, agreed? Now, if it turns out that KRoy is the real deal, and should have played this year, doesn't that open Madigan up to even more questioning of his handling of the goaltender situation? Then, wouldn't you ask why he kept KRoy on the pine when CR and BM weren't up to the job? Wouldn't you ask how he could justify such still giving CR the bulk of the playing time? The Gillies thing was tough enough to swallow. If it turned out that you still had a better goalkeeper here and didn't use him? How could anyone not shake their head at that? But, like I said - the reasonable assumption is that KRoy couldn't beat CR out (for now).
    Maybe KRoy isn't better than him today, doesn't mean he could't develop into a good goalie.

Leave a comment:

• PPGuru
    replied

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
    How do you know that if you've never seen KRoy play?
    Well..... the reasonable assumption is that KRoy didn't play this season because he wasn't better than Rawlings, agreed? Now, if it turns out that KRoy is the real deal, and should have played this year, doesn't that open Madigan up to even more questioning of his handling of the goaltender situation? Then, wouldn't you ask why he kept KRoy on the pine when CR and BM weren't up to the job? Wouldn't you ask how he could justify such still giving CR the bulk of the playing time? The Gillies thing was tough enough to swallow. If it turned out that you still had a better goalkeeper here and didn't use him? How could anyone not shake their head at that? But, like I said - the reasonable assumption is that KRoy couldn't beat CR out (for now).

Leave a comment:

• BrocktonNU
    replied

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    We are not sweeping Maine. We have not swept anybody in HE on any wknd this season & are not about to, just now. If we do get in, it will be because somebody else helps us.. but in any case it will be a quick exit,regardless.
    Just to be clear I was absolutely joking about sweeping Maine, just playing the role of an eternal optimist as a joke. I'm just hoping Roy comes back and with an experienced d core they can be a little better next year. The goaltending can't get worse so hopefully the d-men with a year of experience can somewhat compensate what we will lack in goal. I know the way of thinking that things can't get worse are not ideal, but unfortunately it seems to be reality for the goalie situation heading into next year, hopefully Roy or Witt can pull a surprise.

Leave a comment:

• Ryecheers
    replied

Originally posted by fahey4prez View Post
    Well that's just the thing...there will be no improvement next year with the goaltending we will have. It is frustrating that next year will be another wasted season while Madigan brings in his guys. Imagine the same crap from this season next year...now imagine it without KRoy and Saponari.
    How do you know that if you've never seen KRoy play?

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied

off topic:

Northeastern vs Michigan State..

not a big fan of the fighting.. but.. if you're gonna go.. Go Huskies

Leave a comment:

• fahey4prez
    replied

Originally posted by BrocktonNU View Post
    No matter what the goaltending situation is next year will any combo of Mountain, Roy, and Witt be much worse than what we have seen this year? NU is at a point where goaltending is so bad we don't even need good goaltending, just adequate goaltending.
    Well that's just the thing...there will be no improvement next year with the goaltending we will have. It is frustrating that next year will be another wasted season while Madigan brings in his guys. Imagine the same crap from this season next year...now imagine it without KRoy and Saponari.

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied
    We are not sweeping Maine. We have not swept anybody in HE on any wknd this season & are not about to, just now. If we do get in, it will be because somebody else helps us.. but in any case it will be a quick exit,regardless.

Leave a comment:

• BrocktonNU
    replied

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
    I agree with everything you say here 100%

Enough of the *****ing about Madigan and Roby!

If there is one upside, think of all of the experience that Saucerman and Gunn have gotten this season. Plus Manson looks light years better to me than he did in the first half.
    I've tried to stay out of the Roby and Madigan ****ing contests aside from my last post when I said Roby prioritizes bball over hockey. But that aside one thing we can look forward to next year is a young defensive core who has made strides this year and have gained plenty of valuable experience. No matter what the goaltending situation is next year will any combo of Mountain, Roy, and Witt be much worse than what we have seen this year? NU is at a point where goaltending is so bad we don't even need good goaltending, just adequate goaltending. All the *****ing about Roby and Madigan is just a product of having a passionate and very frustrated fanbase. Hey but if we sweep Maine this weekend we're right back in the playoff hunt

Leave a comment:

• Happy Husky
    replied

Injured Husky Garrett Vermeersch suspended,Madigan comments on reasons,full article by Jill Saftel from the newspaper

http://huntnewsnu.com/2013/02/injure...-indefinitely/

Leave a comment:

• steve66
    replied

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
    I think its nice having a boogey man but at this point you guys need to get over the Roby thing. He and Cronin could not get on the same page, he got Cronin to leave, settled on JM, put some obstacles in front of the staff that as far as I know are now gone, and off we go. I think he stays as far away from the program as possible now. He does not matter at this point, unless he decides to punish the program more. Its not like he is pulling scholarships. As annoying as it was that he allowed certain players who had committed to our school to stay in conference (this would be his biggest sin really) he did allow this staff and the previous ones to accept guys like our current captain and #15 who had been committed elsewhere. He could have said no, I do not believe in taking problem transfer guys, and people who have turned on their commitment at the last minute. He did not.

I was very anti-JM for a very long time. I have gone from anti-JM to lets see what he can do. This season has been bad, but the fact is the effort has been there in the 2nd half of the season, despite all the injuries and losing. I saw more then enough Crowder teams give up at this point.

There are some take aways from this season that should help. The big one being the defense has actually developed an identity in the 2nd half. One that is willing and pretty good at hitting. I credit Gunn finally getting into the lineup for that. But even Manson's game has changed for the better, even before he started scoring goals last week. He is legit back there now. Please also remember that everyone one of the dman except for Dax has spent time injured this year. Hard to develop partnerships and consistency when guys are in and out of the lineup.

Next season is going to come down to who ever is in goal. If there is no improvement back there, its going to be the same thing. If he can get more out of Witt/Roy then he did out of Rawlings/Mountain, which is highly debatable at this point, NU will not be a last place team.

Enough with the Roby stuff though. Its tiresome. Nobody takes the hoops team seriously because the conference is one of the worst in the country, and while they won the regular season title, its not like they blew through the league. They won the majority of games by 5 points or less, a few in OT. They are so ripe to getting picked off its not even funny.
    I agree with everything you say here 100%

Enough of the *****ing about Madigan and Roby!

If there is one upside, think of all of the experience that Saucerman and Gunn have gotten this season. Plus Manson looks light years better to me than he did in the first half.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X