X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorboaters
    replied
    Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    Missed the gm tonight.. will try & catch tomorrow.

Who was out tonight?
    Lets see, from the way they played, I would say everyone. On paper, however, Karlsson (who's out for the season), Veermeesch, and Darou. You know it's bad when Jake Hoefler dresses but then doesn't see one shift out there.

Leave a comment:

• jpickel
    replied
    Re: Northeastern Huskies '12-'13: A New Hope

Found this old tape of Surge Night in my Basement and thought others who are old enough to remember it might enjoy. http://youtu.be/EIRVfHLKVQs
    Hope the link works, I have never posted to You Tube before.

Leave a comment:

• Thiessen'sBetter
    replied
    Re: Northeastern 2012-2013 Season Thread: A New Hope

This team had one chance to make this a memorable season: Last Monday night. Maybe they'll win tomorrow or Tuesday and one in Orono but I can't see many wins other than that. Its all about going to watch Roy now, because regardless of record, he is still worth the price of admission.

It'd be pretty funny if they lost every game until the bu home and home the last weekend of the year and swept bu. 10 wins and 4 against bu would be somewhat memorable.

Leave a comment:

• Happy Husky Victory!
    replied

Well...another dissapointing loss. As for the ongoing saga, I saw red sweater, who was wearing a dark colored blazer tonight and the two elderly Roby enablers. Yes, the guys who claimed they owned the Varsity Club and had NUPD remove me from the VC two weeks ago. They were all smiles after the game. None of them seemed to recognize me, one even said "hi".

Apparently, given the smiles, they are content with tonights result. We should all be worried. I hope some of you share my concern and are voicing this concern with Administration.

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied
    Missed the gm tonight.. will try & catch tomorrow.

Who was out tonight?

Leave a comment:

• Motorboaters
    replied

This team is atrocious when it comes to faceoffs. If Pimm is considered our "top" faceoff guy, then we seriously need help in that facet of the game as well. I was pleasantly surprised to see Roy take a couple of draws and actually win both.

Leave a comment:

• RossiRules
    replied

Go NU Basketball! As for hockey, the, the, that's all folks! But really, NU Basketball will have to win the Colonial Conf. Tournament as with VCU gone we will likely only have one bid. Can you say NIT. I say we choke! Simply because its what we do. However, hats off to the Lady Husky Hockey Team who are really the only team we should support. I assume the same 4 hurt guys will be out tomorrow and this will just be yet another 0 point weekend against a team in the bottom of the league. 4 Hockey East wins adn its nearly March and Roby likely things he's a genius. I think we lost 50 or 60 face offs tonight. I must say I give them credit playing with 4 starters down tonight, but we needed 4 points this weekend and will need a miricale to make the HE tournamant.
    Last edited by RossiRules; 02-15-2013, 09:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Happy Husky
    replied

Originally posted by Happy Husky Victory! View Post
    I have a extra ticket you can have (free) if you still want to go.
    That's really being a great fan! thanks so much,I am gonna lay low tonight and watch it,I wouldn't want to leave my children at home as I am raising them to be Huskies fans,so until I can afford three I will stay local and watch it online,you are very generous though,I will remember that kindness.have a great time at the game!

Leave a comment:

• Happy Husky Victory!
    replied

Originally posted by Happy Husky View Post
    Looking forward to some Hockey vs Vermont this weekend!,wish I could go (no money),but am very thankful for GoNUxtream!
    I have a extra ticket you can have (free) if you still want to go.

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
    ..concerns about image projected by drunk patrons..
    ..i can see it now.. Rossi versus Roby in the VC after a few..!

Leave a comment:

• Craig P.
    replied

I was surprised because everything I had heard in the past from this AD and previous Athletic Directors was that it was against NCAA rules to serve beer at the athletic events to the general public but the Varsity Club was a private seperate club so it was allowed there.
    This is not now and never has been the case, as far as I know. The NCAA does not allow alcohol to be served at events they sponsor, but schools are free to serve alcohol to anyone they choose at their own games.

I suspect that a combination of political issues make it easier to do alcohol sales in private clubs: issues getting a liquor license, concerns about image projected by drunk patrons, possibly even that they can make just as much money by giving folks an incentive to pay up to get into the club.

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied

And the Peter Roby saga continues....I thought I'd let the Beanpot chatter subside a bit. I did get a response back from Philly Mantella two days after I sent my email. I had hoped to receive back a well thought out, detailed response to my letter. Unfortunately, what I got instead seemed to be nothing more than a brush off, form letter which frankly is a little insulting. It did not address any of the questions I had or concerns regarding Mr. Roby's behavior. Please see Ms. Mantella's response below. I have not edited or omitted anything; this is the official response in its entirety from the University.

Thank you for your email. An encounter as you described below should never occur on our campus. We must all consider how these interactions could be avoided through appropriate and constructive forums. It is clear we share a common goal of strong athletic programs with exceptional experiences for our student athletes. I personally have been working very closely with AD Roby to build success plans for many of our sports, including hockey, and I am confident in and committed to the path to excellence we have laid out. This work is a priority which we will continue to pursue with great energy. I hope that you continue to support NU hockey and our student athletes and I hope you share my pride in this week's historic wins.

Regards,
    Philly Mantella
    ..no one wants to rock the boat in the Athetics Dept.. especially with BB doing well this season as well as our real hockey team (the better half Huskies).. .

You should cc: Madigan on both -your original email & this response.. if he doesn't care.. then we're in long term trouble.

Leave a comment:

• Thiessen'sBetter
    replied

It is clear we share a common goal
    [/I][/B]
    No, its not. That's the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Happy Husky Victory!
    replied

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
    Philly Mantella in NU's Sr. V.P. in charge of a variety of operating areas of the U., and she is Roby's boss. I'd be very surprised if you don't get an answer. In fact, if you don't get an answer that satisfies you, I'd like to know about it.
    And the Peter Roby saga continues....I thought I'd let the Beanpot chatter subside a bit. I did get a response back from Philly Mantella two days after I sent my email. I had hoped to receive back a well thought out, detailed response to my letter. Unfortunately, what I got instead seemed to be nothing more than a brush off, form letter which frankly is a little insulting. It did not address any of the questions I had or concerns regarding Mr. Roby's behavior. Please see Ms. Mantella's response below. I have not edited or omitted anything; this is the official response in its entirety from the University.

Thank you for your email. An encounter as you described below should never occur on our campus. We must all consider how these interactions could be avoided through appropriate and constructive forums. It is clear we share a common goal of strong athletic programs with exceptional experiences for our student athletes. I personally have been working very closely with AD Roby to build success plans for many of our sports, including hockey, and I am confident in and committed to the path to excellence we have laid out. This work is a priority which we will continue to pursue with great energy. I hope that you continue to support NU hockey and our student athletes and I hope you share my pride in this week's historic wins.

Regards,
    Philly Mantella
    Last edited by Happy Husky Victory!; 02-14-2013, 03:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied

Originally posted by Huskies01 View Post
    No. That was Brad Theissen who did that in the Beanpot, minus the middle finger.
    ..ha!
    Still can't believe it.. no regard for teammates.. pretty unprofessional, Minnesota or anywhere..

Sure way to shoot down (rest of) his hockey career, that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X