Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2012-2013

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
    Hey guys, I thought we were supposed to play Merrimack tonight. Says so on the schedule magnet. What's up? Game get rescheduled?
    I kept thinking the game was today too for some reason. Maybe the shock of having this much time off?
    Anyway I just checked my schedule magnet and mine says the correct date of the 7th.
    Former Harvard Hockey broadcaster on 95.3 FM and WHRB.org.
    Go Crimson!

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
      I kept thinking the game was today too for some reason. Maybe the shock of having this much time off?
      Anyway I just checked my schedule magnet and mine says the correct date of the 7th.
      Right you are. I'm definitely getting my prescription checked. This is the second time this week I've misread something.

Comment

Harvard gets a commitment from Luke Esposito who is the leading scorer in the BCHL. He formerly played at Brunswick Academy.

http://www.mychilliwacknews.com/blog...+harvard+bound

Comment

Some important and should win non-conference games coming up. Harvard had some injuries prior to the break...namely Blackwell and Hart so here's hoping to see these guys dressed come Merrimack!

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
            Some important and should win non-conference games coming up. Harvard had some injuries prior to the break...namely Blackwell and Hart so here's hoping to see these guys dressed come Merrimack!
            Could be rusty against Merrimack considering what feels like forever off. But other than that, these games are all winnable.
            Go Crimson!

Comment

Originally posted by alslammerz View Post
              Could be rusty against Merrimack considering what feels like forever off. But other than that, these games are all winnable.
              Consider in they play 2 games in a week, and then are off for another 19 games, it would be tough to split or lose both of these games. Long time to think about the losses otherwise...

Comment

Consider in they play 2 games in a week, and then are off for another 19 games, it would be tough to split or lose both of these games. Long time to think about the losses otherwise...
                They've been thinking about that Colgate loss for a while now too. Judging based on KRACH, these three upcoming Hockey East teams are all lower end of the ECACHL in strength, with the best being UMass-Lowell a little south of Colgate's KRACH number. (UML also just beat Princeton 3-1 at home two weekends ago.) Of course, the games aren't played on paper, but there should be at least 2 Ws, and probably 3, for Harvard and the league over Hockey East.

3 wins would also guarantee Harvard would go above .500 in non-conference play for the season with its 3 toughest non-conference games, at BU and the Beanpot, still to play.

The biggest test for me will be the Merrimack game...a .500 team in Hockey East play and a road game for us. Still think it's winnable though.
                Go Crimson!

Comment

Well...

Originally posted by Colin Blackwell, @CB_63
                  Wow it feels good to be back on the ice with the boys
                  https://twitter.com/CB_63/status/276109753774649344
                  Go Crimson!

Comment

Cedar Rapids Roughrider Defenseman Clay Anderson has committed to Harvard. Maybe Michalek is here on a recruiting trip!

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                      Cedar Rapids Roughrider Defenseman Clay Anderson has committed to Harvard. Maybe Michalek is here on a recruiting trip!
                      That would be hilarious. Least they can develop some chemistry.

He has 14 points (12 assists) in 19 games. Top d-man in scoring for CR. Both of his goals and 5 assists came on the PP. 1 goal was game winner. Has put up 32 shots.

Michalek is 0-1-1 with 10 goals against, a 4.97 GAA and a .811 SV%.

(And here I thought Chiarelli's team Dubuque would become our feeder junior team.)
                      Go Crimson!

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                        Great news. Wonder if this coincides with Omaha adding Max Everson to its protected list (I hope not!).

What can you tell us about Clay Anderson as a player? Is he coming next year or 2014?

Comment

• Originally posted by bothman View Post
                          Great news. Wonder if this coincides with Omaha adding Max Everson to its protected list (I hope not!).

What can you tell us about Clay Anderson as a player? Is he coming next year or 2014?
                          Clay has decent size, good skating, and plays bigger then his size. He was an undrafted free agent in summer camp that impressed the coaches alot. Shows a good point shot when he gets it off...bit of a slow release. He will be a good 4 year guy that will continue to get better. Omaha native that play AAA for Russell Stover. I have not heard if it is 2013 or 2014 but I will check into it. His twitter name is @grizz_nasty19

Comment

Edit: Just got word from Clay that he is a 2013 commit.

Comment

Hi everyone,

With Merrimack hosting the Crimson this weekend I was wondering what to expect. With Merrimack you will see a defensive team that plays a very physical game. Offensively the player to watch is Mike Collins. He is the leading scorer and most consistant player. Merrimack's defencemen enjoy getting into the offense and the goaltending has been good all year. What and who should I look for on Friday night.
                              Rinks Visited
                              DCU Center
                              Tulley Forum
                              TD Garden
                              Tsongas Arena
                              J. Thom Lawler Arena
                              Conte Forum
                              Whittemore Center
                              Agganis Arena
                              Verizon Center
                              Gutterson Fieldhouse
                              Matthews Arena
                              Thompson Arena
                              Mullins Center
                              Alfond Arena
                              Schneider Arena
                              Magness Arena
                              Ingallas Arena
                              Hart Center
                              Prudential Center
                              TD Bank Sports Center
                              John A Ryan
                              Lynah Rink
                              Appleton Arena
                              Cheel Arena
                              Germain Arena
                              XL Center
                              Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

No Blackwell or McNally tonight. 2-1 Harvard in the 2nd. O'Regan and Bergin with the goals so far. Past the halfway point. Game is on WBIN in the Boston area.

Crazy bounce for the 1st Harvard goal.

Edit: 2-2 after 2. Man those boards are live. End boards in particular. Harvard's 1st goal and Merrimack's 2ng goal direct products of bounces off the end wall.
                                Last edited by alslammerz; 12-07-2012, 08:18 PM.
                                Go Crimson!

Comment

Working...
                                X